PurpleBaconEater

hey, so i was just looking at a gorgeaous commision of someone's OC when i started to think about mine and im sure while we've all thought about our own oc, normally we cjoose between pagasis and unicorn, and rarely you see any earth pony OCs. this is understandable as if you get the opportunnity to have some new special ability, why choose nothing, right? but i actually feel that way. for whatever reason, i like the idea of not have a pegasis or unicorn, and definitely not alicorn. btu an earth pony isnt completely unappealing to me. if not an earth pony, then maybe a crystal pony. i think that it sounds cool.

anyway, just wondering if those kind of thoughts crossed anyone else's mind.

I AM A GENUINE, CERTIFIED, PONIFIED, FULL OF PRIDE, PONYVILLE BRONY

HE WAS A ONE EYED, ONE HORNED, FLYING PURPLE PEOPLE EATER

SHE WAS A TWO EYED, NO HORNED, WALKING PURPLE BACON EATER

Yeah, I know where you're coming from. The idea of having a "down-to-earth" (get it? Earth?) pony is appealing, especially when many OC's are unicorns, pegasi, or alicorns. There are a fair amount of changelings, dragons, crystals, etc. but from what I've seen it is predominantly unicorns and pegasi.

For me, it all comes down to my OC's talent and their lot in life. Unicorns are generally the upper-crust of society and as such are more refined; my unicorn OC Pensez is a refined pony while my OC Jabbermouth likes to think he is upper-class. My Earth pony OC, Lingo Cider, is more a pony who is more likely to work with her hooves, so to speak.

In the end, the OC's creator is the judge of species.

• Brohoof 2

oOo RIP Forums Writing Centre ;_; oOo

Yeah, I know where you're coming from. The idea of having a "down-to-earth" (get it? Earth?) pony is appealing, especially when many OC's are unicorns, pegasi, or alicorns. There are a fair amount of changelings, dragons, crystals, etc. but from what I've seen it is predominantly unicorns and pegasi.

For me, it all comes down to my OC's talent and their lot in life. Unicorns are generally the upper-crust of society and as such are more refined; my unicorn OC Pensez is a refined pony while my OC Jabbermouth likes to think he is upper-class. My Earth pony OC, Lingo Cider, is more a pony who is more likely to work with her hooves, so to speak.

In the end, the OC's creator is the judge of species.

yeah. it kinda feels unique and original. and a bit nice that its just a simple earth pony. i would like to the the different special talents of crystal ponies. they seem to have generic crystal pony cutie marks, but we did see spa ponies, so maybe its the same? idk

I AM A GENUINE, CERTIFIED, PONIFIED, FULL OF PRIDE, PONYVILLE BRONY

HE WAS A ONE EYED, ONE HORNED, FLYING PURPLE PEOPLE EATER

SHE WAS A TWO EYED, NO HORNED, WALKING PURPLE BACON EATER