Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

China Has a Dangling, Glass Bottomed Pool

drewanderson

I don’t know that I would have enough guts to swim in a pool that dangles off the side of a building, 24 stories in the air. And I’m nearly positive that I could never swim in a pool dangling off the side of building 24 stories up, with a glass bottom.

Fact is, the Holiday Inn Shanghai Pudong Kangqiao has engaged the help of architects and aerospace experts to build the pool, which was designed by Chan Sau Yan Associates, the Singapore design firm that did the interior design of the hotel.

According to CNN, and various other media outlets, the pool is nearly 98 feet long, 20 feet wide, and 5 feet deep. The pool is surrounded by glass, including the bottom. This gives swimmers a clear, wide view of the sky, the city, and the busy streets below.

The brochure says this is the first pool of its kind in China. A spokesperson told CNN, “We wanted to provide our guests a unique swimming experience, and let them feel they’re vacationing even in a bustling city.”

You have to be a guest of the hotel or a member of the gym to use the pool.

Home Remodeling and Construction News Brought to you by http://atlaselectricinc.com