Recording programs

SveciaDash

Yes... I feel the need to record myself singing mlp songs and possibly maybe put them up on youtube. 

Im super terrible at editing software or whatever its called.

If someone knows a good FREE recording program that can basicly just allow me to put togeather me singing and the instrumental version of a song.

HERP DERP how 2 computer

I would definitely recommend Audacity. I don't know about many other free programs, but Audacity has been the easiest to use, in my opinion.

Edited by AyoMistadurrk

Definitely get Audacity. It's really powerful and has loads of tools to remove background noise and pops and crackles from the microphone as well as just generally good audio editing tools.

If you can FIND a certain BAY filled with PIRATES, then pick up a copy of Adobe Audition because it is literally Audacity on steroids.

Let us know how it turns out.  I've heard of all of those programs, but never used them.  The only thing I've used for the past 5 years is Steinberg Cubase.  Years and years before that, I used a free version of Cakewalk, though I doubt it's still around, let alone supported.

Audacity is wonderful for recording vocals or anything that's coming through your soundcard, like a stream. In terms of putting vocals with music you may want use Reaper as stated above. It is rather easy to use inlike many daws, it is free to try, and you can use vst's, midi's, automation, and multiple channels unlike with audacity. I'd consider getting and using both for two different things (use audacity for recording theose vocals).

Or, if you want, there are always people who want to have vocals in music but can't sing themselves. So I would also recommend going onto my little remix (a mlp music forum) to see if anyone wants your vocals. People can add them into music for you. Just an idea

• 3 weeks later...