Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spingle Bloob

it's just like the baby pony dolls they sell they are just bloody scary

Almost as bad as baby Scootaloo herself from the god awful third generation of My Little Pony. lol At least I would imagine. :blink:

Here I got these up from the basement quick. A hasbro example >_>

These are some Transformers: Cybertron toys. And they practical look exactly like they did in their show. Though it was a 3D show so it is a bit more understandable... but gah still

-Cybertron (Primus) -Left

-Optimus Prime -Center

-Cybertron (Energy) Starscream -Right

post-20451-0-93168200-1388184617_thumb.jpg

But I mean these were fun to play with because you could relate their physical forms and abilitys to the show.

It seems that the dolls are just covered in makeup that the mane 6 would be horrified to be seen wearing (Eccept Rarity mabe but even she looks sexier in the show itself >_>)

• Brohoof 2

Expecting Hasbro to make show-accurate toys is like trying to tell people to stop arguing over the Internet. It just won't happen. Why? Because the little kids that MLP is aimed at don't care as much as we do.

My Cousins Daughter got the Celestia EQG Doll and pony set for christmas (she's 6ish). We all know how bad that Doll looks right? Well, lets just say she pretty much left the doll where it was and played with the pony all night.

I was so proud. xD

Upon seeing this doll, I still think Celestia looks worse, but definitely a close second.

I'm starting to think hasbro only made EQG because they wanted to ride on Monster High's success...

Honestly i would be completely fine with the whole equestria girls thing if they would've been made into normal humans rather than whatever the fuck hasbro decided they are. Ex. something like this and i would've been pshyched.human_mane_6_by_soapie_solar-d5qr6vy.jpg

And the doll is fucking scary  :lol:

Expecting Hasbro to make show-accurate toys is like trying to tell ponies to stop arguing over the Internet. It just won't happen.

Actually I noticed a pattern with it.. The toys made for boys are fairly recognizable, if not outright accurate usually.

Meanwhile the Girls lines.. they'll take the first thing they can get from the drawing board and throw doll hair on it, then sell that.

I've actually mentioned this before in other threads.

I'll never understand this massive gap in quality, but seriously look about the toy isles sometime, as its not only Hasbro doing it. Though they are the absolute worst at it.

EqG dolls are total fail.... They don't even look like the characters from the movie...

Actually they DO resemble the early concept artwork.. Its not uncommon for this to happen generally. I have a Star trek enterprise E toy in my garage that looks NOTHING like the on screen one, but it does resemble one of the early concepts that were on the drawing board.

img-2168288-1-13hasbro-articleLarge.jpg

In fact, this version of twilight is on the cover of the movie's case if you own it on DVD/Blu Ray, or is the icon for the digital version. Only thing lost is the cutie mark on her face. But it still shows her as having the lipstick.

Yet the lipstick is only flashed in the movie for a moment and  was immediately forgotten in the next moment.. And only on Rarity.

The only real changes made after that was that they aren't ALWAYS like this with the pony ears and such, or the face paint.

That aside its just the oddball many various outfits and "versions" of the dolls that make them so horribly off.

Edited by GrimCW