Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Octavia, just enjoying being best musician. First time with lines!

Bugplayer

Hello everyone!

Like I said in the title, this is the first time I try to make a drawing with inking, or outlined... Or anyhow it is called...

Seriously how is it called? x.x

Soooo, instead of focusing on the shading, which takes a lot of time, I wanted to make something adorable  :yay:

And I must say, I didn't though I would make something that fast!

And for the first time, I didn't used any references, hurrah! I'm glad I'm getting more and more comfortable with ponies anatomy ^.^

Here it is:

octavia__just_enjoying_being_best_musici

Source: http://bugplayer.deviantart.com/art/Octavia-just-enjoying-being-best-musician-424295424

It may not be prefect, but with how much less time it took me than usual, i'm pretty diggly pleased with the result!

I love cats...

I would love to know if there's something wrong. If you notice something, tell me  :lol:

• Brohoof 14

octavia is mah best pony, cats are my fav animal... togheter + high dose of cuteness = me dead of diabethes man.. you just killed me..... no serisuly IT'S BUCKING AWEEEEEESOME!!!!!!!!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think it is cute and well made. Plus I love cats too :P

Thanks! ^^

awww shes so so so so cute!

Haha I'll be honest, I think it's one of my cutest drawing up to date :squee:

octavia is mah best pony, cats are my fav animal... togheter + high dose of cuteness = me dead of diabethes man.. you just killed me..... no serisuly IT'S BUCKING AWEEEEEESOME!!!!!!!!

Nooo don't die!

^^ Thanks you my friend  ;)

come on! cute pony cats?

CUUUTE AS BUCKING HELLL!!!!!

very well drawn but.....

Noses. they matter

I didn't planned to make a nose because, well... That's how I decided... Hum

But I'll admit it's a little bit weird without it, and they usually a really important part of a living being. From past experiences, ponies usually have one of them :3

come on! cute pony cats?

CUUUTE AS BUCKING HELLL!!!!!

very well drawn but.....

Noses. they matter

Screw it, just made an alternate version ^^

octavia_avec_pelotte_de_laine2_by_bugpla

Edited by Bugplayer
  • Brohoof 2

Exceptional. Very well done! Pony cats...Y U NOT EVERYWHERE!?!?! I mean, those two things are like...95% of the internet. Why not make a fusion? 

Oh yeah, antitrust law. Dang. Then there would be no pony puppies ;)

• Brohoof 1

Thanks! ^^

Haha I'll be honest, I think it's one of my cutest drawing up to date :squee:

Nooo don't die!

^^ Thanks you my friend  ;)

I didn't planned to make a nose because, well... That's how I decided... Hum

But I'll admit it's a little bit weird without it, and they usually a really important part of a living being. From past experiences, ponies usually have one of them :3

Screw it, just made an alternate version ^^

img-2173057-1-octavia_avec_pelotte_de_la

:wub:  YYYEEEESSSSS  noses are necessary! this is cuter than before!

• Brohoof 1

Exceptional. Very well done! Pony cats...Y U NOT EVERYWHERE!?!?! I mean, those two things are like...95% of the internet. Why not make a fusion? 

Oh yeah, antitrust law. Dang. Then there would be no pony puppies ;)

I considered to make a special mane six in this style. It may be interesting, and time consuming. Yay!

I'm super happy you like it though!  :yay:

:wub:  YYYEEEESSSSS  noses are necessary! this is cuter than before!

Haha I still think it's kind of weird. But it does make more sense now ^^

Adorable work as usual Bugsy, thanks for sharing with us, and congrats on the milestone!  :D

• Brohoof 1

Oooohhhh your style is so cute~ And that kitty smile /)^3^(\

Haha! Well I wouldn't consider it as ''my style'' since it's the first time I make something like this. But I'm probably going to make more like it! :3

Adorable work as usual Bugsy, thanks for sharing with us, and congrats on the milestone!  :D

Thanks Batbrony! And may I ask, what to you mean by milestone? ^^ My english isn't perfect, and I can't seem to replace that word  :squee:

• Brohoof 2

Thanks Batbrony! And may I ask, what to you mean by milestone? ^^ My english isn't perfect, and I can't seem to replace that word  :squee:

Apologies, "milestone" means a new stage you've advanced to in your skills or progress in something.  In this case I was referring to your not using a reference and inking/outlining for the first time, definitely a big step for you I'm sure (at least you seemed to suggest it was).  :)

• Brohoof 1

Apologies, "milestone" means a new stage you've advanced to in your skills or progress in something.  In this case I was referring to your not using a reference and inking/outlining for the first time, definitely a big step for you I'm sure (at least you seemed to suggest it was).  :)

Haha okay then! Thanks for the support in that case  :lol:

That's such an adorable picture :D. I love it, and I'm also looking forward to more if you decide to make another one :). Great job!

With you people around, be assured that I have other things on the way! ^.^

• Brohoof 1

That's adorable. There really isn't much to criticize here; the anatomy is a bit loose in places, but it really fits the playfulstyle.

I guess you could make the eyelids/lashes a tad darker and/or simplify the ball a bit to blend in with the overall level  of detail.

• Brohoof 1

That's adorable. There really isn't much to criticize here; the anatomy is a bit loose in places, but it really fits the playfulstyle.

I guess you could make the eyelids/lashes a tad darker and/or simplify the ball a bit to blend in with the overall level  of detail.

Her anatomy does need a bit of tweaking, especially her hing leg, which is kind of awkward. 

Also, I tried make her eye lids so that it doesn't stand out too much, but yeah, it needs to be darker! :3