Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Arc System Works discussion thread

Discordian

Yes, anything Arc System Works, not any specific franchise. Why? Because it's more fun with a bit of themed variety. :P

For those who are unaware, ASW are known most for their development of the Guilty Gear, BlazBlue and Persona 4 Arena franchises. A list of all of their games can be found here for reference.

I loves me some ASW fighting games. Very technical for those who like deep fighting games, have an easy mode control scheme for those new to fighting games and always comes with amazing stories and very flashy combat.

Let's start this off with a few questions:

Your main(s) in each franchise?

Characters you just can't get used to playing as?

Favorite game in each franchise?

Favorite stage(s)?

Favorite song(s)?

Favorite NPCs (if applicable)?

Favorite Gag Reels? (BlazBlue only...I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Here's mine:

BlazBlue

Mains: Tager, Hakumen, Rachel. Typically choose random but when I play as these two I kick colossal amounts of ass.

Worst characters: Litchi, Carl and Arakune. For whatever reason I can never get a good grasp on how to control these guys effectively.

Favorite game: I've only played Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift Extend so there's not much to say. Some might have had the benefit of having played ChronoPhantasma already and I am jelly. I wonder how the reworked mechanics will work out.

Favorite stage: Lost Village, home of the Kaka clan. The little Kakas are just so adorable.

Favorite song: Nu's theme (also plays at main menu). Runner up is easily the Jin vs Tsubaki fight theme though.

Favorite NPC: Kokonoe. I hope she becomes playable someday.

Favorite Gag Reel: I haven't seen all of them yet but my favorite so far has definitely been either Litchi's or Rachel's.

Guilty Gear

Mains: A.B.A., Faust, Sol Badguy. As with BlazBlue, I always pick random. These are just my best people.

Worst characters: May, Zappa

Favorite game: I've only played GGXX Accent Core Plus so it wins by default. Can't wait for Xrd Sign though!

Favorite stage: May's Pirate Ship. Can't get enough of dem background ladies!

Favorite song: Baiken's theme.

Favorite NPC: I...haven't played the game in forever, let alone it's story, so don't quite recall if there were any NPCs.

---

I haven't played Persona 4 Arena yet so I can't say anything about it. I look forward to getting it and playing it someday though. It's Arc System Works and SMT, what can go wrong? :lol:

Edited by Discordian

Blazblue

Mains: Nu-13 (Calamity Trigger), Rachel (for all the rest). Pretty much solely play Rachel; I'm terrible with everyone else.

Worst Characters: I'm terrible with everyone else but Amane is the most awkward character for me. The drills are cool but the zoning style is just too weird for me.

Favorite Game: Chronophantasma. Very fun and overdrive is way more interesting than the gold burst. Plus, Rachel's new combos get plenty of regen  :yay:

Favorite Stage: Crimson Throne. I just love the overall look of the stage; It's very Rachel. The reflections on the floor (and Rachel's lack of one) are a nice touch.

Favorite Song: Awakening the Chaos (Nu's theme)

Favorite NPC: Torakaka

Favorite Gag Reel: Makoto's. Rachel's is a really close 2nd, though.

Persona 4 Arena

Mains: Yukiko. She wasn't exactly amazing but she was fun to play. Second is Elizabeth because of the insane damage she could put out.

Worst Characters: Aigis. Ugh, orgia felt so unnatural. I just couldn't move that well with her.

Favorite Game: I have played the sequel to Persona 4 Arena but, from what I've seen of it, I'm sure it is better than the first entry. I just wish I could see more of the shadow modes in action.

Favorite stage: the Music room

Favorite song: Princess Amagi. I know it seems like I'm just picking all the Yukiko stuff but this is honestly the best battle theme in the game (along with Battle Hymn of the Soul, but that's, like, straight from Persona 3). Blues in Velvet Room is a pretty awesome non-battle theme (it's straight from Persona 3 as well, though).

Favorite NPC: Unit #024  :(

---------------

Unfortunately, I haven't played Guilty Gear enough to really say anything about it.

Favorite NPC: Kokonoe. I hope she becomes playable someday.

By the way, she is playable and pretty ridiculous last I heard. Pretty much everyone agrees she is overpowered and, last I checked, there's talk of having her banned.

Edited by Mutemutt