Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm curious about how you view death

RoguesWolfe

Like I said in another thread a while ago, which was about the meaning of life, I don't believe that humans are just born, live, and simply die as their consciousness forever ceases to exist. I think about all the vast complexities that go into all of creation around us. If there is nothing to look forward to after death, then what's the meaning of our existence on this lonely blue marble? Where does knowledge come from? You have this entire universe and all these numerous questions. It must have a source.  ^_^

OT: I believe in God and I believe in an afterlife. I just cannot imagine death being our eternal end. I'm definitely looking forward to whatever lies beyond our physical horizon. :)

• Brohoof 2

Like I said in another thread a while ago, which was about the meaning of life, I don't believe that humans are just born, live, and simply die as their consciousness forever ceases to exist. I think about all the vast complexities that go into all of creation around us. If there is nothing to look forward to after death, then what's the meaning of our existence on this lonely blue marble? Where does knowledge come from? You have this entire universe and all these numerous questions. It must have a source.  ^_^

OT: I believe in God and I believe in an afterlife. I just cannot imagine death being our eternal end. I'm definitely looking forward to whatever lies beyond our physical horizon. :)

Ephesians 3:18

may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

the 4th dimension in the Bible. Scientist who are either new age theistic evolutionist have NO grasp whatsoever, not even close to consciousness and how it works. I find it funny we make all these assumptions and turn to science. when we don't even know about the own shell we live in. We haven't and never will fully crack the human genome. Last time I heard, it wasn't even past 25% charted

If its me i just think the whole world should burn  :blink:

How i view death, is it something to be fear? or be happy about it, it all depends IMO i think is not what you are afterlife is what you do whit the life you have now.

If your an atheist: You do stuff because its the natural course of life, doing good stuff makes the world a better place for everyone, and doing good with out expecting anything in return is a sign of life, people aren't remember by what they say but by their actions.

If your a Religious: You do stuff because its the "Moral" thing to do, and if you do good, you are rewarded by giving an afterlife, if not then you burn in hell that simple, there is a lot more to it then just these 2 simple facts but don't whana go any further since its to long.

Does anyone not fear death?  we all do at some point, even in a situation were its most peaceful, a crazy guy whit a gun can come and just shot you just because you were texting your 3 year old child in a theater, life is unexpected and no matter how good or bad you are, things happen and you cant stop them, is this a fate by god or just simple humans being human? 

I fear death as any normal person would, not because of what happens afterwards but rather because of the stuff i didn't finish in life.

I don't believe death should be something you should dread or fear, on the contraire; embrace the moment where you shall be freed from your carnal torment and into the hands of eternal peace. As long as one has lived a fulfilling life, than the moment should be gladly accepted...

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

-Mark Twain

I will accept my fate when the time comes, I am almost curious as to what happens to the mind after death. Into the great unknown.

I remember when I was younger (I think in like middle school or something) I went through a major depressive phase. I actually told my mom one time "Nothing is certain except for death and taxes." Her response was

"Actually that's not true. If you get Social Security you don't get taxed."

... kinda sums up my view of death.

This thread was made for me. I am always so paranoid of dying. I feel like I will die as soon as I leave my house, as soon as I go to school, and as soon as I go to a restaraunt. I just worry that there is always a possibility for death. I'm not the guy that says "oh. I was supposed to die this way." But I do believe that fate happens all around us. If I die, I feel like I must have done something wrong in the past to make me die that way. I am scared of dying because I have never died before, (well, atleast not as far as I can remember) Ever since my great grandmother died of illness last summer, death and the endless possibilites it could possibly bring has taken over my life. It controls my thoughts, how I act, and how I generally look at the world.

As far as my thoughts about afterlife go, I would like to believe in reincarnation rather than going to heaven/hell. I don't deny that when you die you see blackness forever, as it is logical in a sense, but something is bugging me about it. Maybe humans are just programmed to carry out a task, and they are similar to robots when you unplug them? I feel like there's just no way to win when it comes to death.

"Life is merely a journey to the grave."

Edited by Judgement

Despite the fact that I believe in some sort of afterlife/reincarnation, the thought of death still makes me feel uneasy. What if I haven't gotten to everything I've wanted to do yet? What if I don't know I'm dying and can't say goodbye? What if I die a painful, slow death?

Anyways, I used to fear death a lot more than I do now. Just thinking about it used to make me depressed. Not so much anymore. Anyways, what if we reincarnate? I'm not so sure I want to come back to Earth. Eternal blackness seems scary, but you wouldn't even know you were dead, so It wouldn't be that bad I suppose.