open Who Murdered Mary Sue Grafton? (RP Thread)

Stancet

'I second this.' Traveller said. 'I rarely drink alcoholic drinks, if ever. Plus, I like tea. Poison seems amazingly likely. However, there might be another explanation. We'll just have to find out.' He finished. He looked around the room. 'We barely remember anything. Poison is most likely the reason.'

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@GameytheGeemer,

Roy nodded, admiring the stallion's quick retort to his statement. "Ah yes... Indeed. But when I was saying I didn't drink much, I meant drinking as a whole, not just alcohol. Not exactly my cup of tea. I'd rather prefer a cup of tea." Roy giggled to himself but quickly regained his composure. "Although it may not be correct, I've come to the conclusion that the amount of intake had no direct correlation with the memory loss, still assuming the issue was drugs. I think simply a taste of wine or tea for courtesy reasons could have knocked out your entire evening." 

Traveller realized something. 'Doesnt that mean that whoever did it could have posioned himself? You can't exactly mark the good and bad samples.' He said as he looked around. 'So anyone here could have done it, or they could be miles from here. Great.' He sighed.

Marina Emerald started across at the ponies who had divided and began speaking amongst each other. She herself did not participate. Rather than speculate, she was curious to get to the heart of the problem. 

After looking across the dinner table that seemed clearly used by the dinner guests present, she paused when she found an open letter. Marina Emerald unfolded it and realized it was a dinner invitation. She read it through hoping to learn something.

It wasn't long before she read the number of guests who were supposed to be attending. Marina Emerald counted the conscious and unconscious ponies present before realizing one of them was missing. "Oh my gosh, everypony!" she called. "Does anypony notice, we are in the home of Mary Sue Grafton, the famous mystery writer?"

Some stared at her. It was obvious some of the guests already knew. There was one thing, however, that they didn't seem to notice. "I just took a head count and Mary Sue Grafton doesn't seem to be here with us!" she told them. "The famous mystery writer... she's known for locking herself in her study for long periods of time, right? We need to find this woman and get some answers out of her!"

It wasn't like Marina Emerald to be the bossy or commanding leader of a crowd, but she wondered who else agreed.

@@Stancet,

"That's a fair enough opinion to have, I'd rather be punching something right now than mentally debating what kind of poison was more than likely used right now." He said, teleporting the short way that he needed to too get out of the small crowd. The flash and noise of teleportation was more than likely to get everypony (who was awake anyway)'s attention. "You guys can stay here if you want, I'm going to wander aimlessly until I find this study." He said, starting to walk out the door.

"Actually, I should take these" He said, picking up a few shards of still wet ceramics. "If I find a lab than I can find the exact poison used."

Edited by GameytheGeemer

Traveller continued to search the room. He realized something. 'We need to organize who has what. Take out everything you have with you. If somebody here poisoned us, they have to have something that points to it.' He said as he put his notebook, pencil, and a few bits onto the ground in front of him.

Royroger brought his hoof to his face and began rubbing his forehead. "Mary Sue... Mary Sue Grafton... Mary Sue Grafton! Oh dear! This isn't good. We'll have to find her study quickly. You never know what may have happened in a locked room." Oh locked room mysteries. Always loved those! No stop it, this is serious. Gotta find her. Roy quickly took any items he had in his shirt and placed them on the table. A wallet, a few bits loose from the wallet, an extra pencil, and anything else he may have had. 

((Not sure what else I have, so someone can call me out if they know I have anything that I don't know about))

(edited)

@@Ampharos,

Marina Emerald was grateful for Royroger's help; even though it bothered her the house guests couldn't stick together in this time of suspicion. "Come on then Roy," she said. "Let us get a move on."

She exited the dinning room with the berry-red stallion, going at a slow pace so other ponies could catch up if they wanted. After entering the large, gothic halls of the manor house, Marina Emerald spied a staircase and had the nagging suspicion that was the direction they were supposed to go. "Let's try upstairs," she said. "Mary Sue Grafton's study can't be far."

Edited by Stancet

@@Stancet,

Royroger followed her, but never took his gaze off her. Good thing about having a wandering eye. You can look at two places at once. He hadn't remembered saying his name at any point. Maybe they had talked to eachother and she had managed to remember? As he looked at the staircase with his left eye and at Marina with his right, he had to admit he felt the same sensation. "Seems so. After you ma'am."

@@Ampharos @@Stancet@@Delernil

It was then when a loud groan came from underneath the staircases. The door under the stairs swung open to reveal a dark blue pony, who looked exhausted. "What happened last night?" She mumbled to herself, holding her head as she did so. Blue Belle, as she was named, only remembered the fact that she was Blue Belle. She also knew that she woke up in the closet of some house (perhaps her house?). She finally raised her head to notice a group of ponies at the stairs. Her eyes widened. No. This was definitely not her house. "Where am I?" She demanded. "Where have you taken me?"

((aahhh, I'm sorry. I never saw that the thread was made. I didn't know exactly how jump in. Hope this okay.)

Edited by Creativity

@,@@Ampharos,

Marina Emerald stopped at the top of the staircase when she heard Blue Belle's voice behind her and saw the unicorn as she appeared. When their eyes met, Marina Emerald felt compelled to help the young mare despite her better judgement. Nothing was more important to her than getting the answers they were seeking, but it couldn't hurt to spare a moment for the newcomer. 

Marina took a few steps down the stairs and quickly gave Blue Belle the gist of the situation. "Darling, it seems all of us were invited (for whatever reason) to this dinner than none of us seem to recall having. If you're disoriented and confused, I understand. All of us seem to have this collective memory loss. But, I do suspect this is the house of the famous Mary Sue Grafton; though I can't rightly tell how I know she's famous. Only that if this is her house we have to find her and get some answers. So if you want to tag along, I won't stop you."

At that, Marina Emerald turned and resumed her search to find Mary Sue Grafton's study. At the top of the stairs, she stopped and wondered which way to go; left or right. Her first puzzle this evening.

@@Stancet

Masquerade decided to join the hunt. Of course he read books by Mary Sue Grafton. At least he thought. He couldn't remember. Masquerade decided to ascend a stairwell branching off the room. He walked up the flight to see a pony who seemed to be deciding whether to go left or right. He decided to go the opposite way of this pony. He stood there, hoping he wasn't heard.

Marina Emerald decided left was as good a direction as any, so turned that way in the hopes of finding Mary Sue Grafton's study. It wasn't long before she passed a door that made her stop and look back. Sure enough, the third door on the right had the words 'study' printed in nice big letters just at eye level. "That was a little easier than I expected it to be," she thought to herself. 

She tried lifting her hoof and turning the doorknob, but was disappointed to find the door locked. After thrusting her weight against the door a few times, the blue earth pony realized she wasn't going in. "Does anypony have a way in?" she asked.

Deluded became lost already. He wasn't fond of being inside unknown buildings, and the fact that it was a manor didn't make it much better. Deluded wandered through the building aimlessly, vastly unaware of anything that is going on around him, trapped in his own mind. He didn't see anypony else as he wandered.

@@Stancet

Masquerade did like he thought, going in the opposite direction of the pony. Dead end. There were doors, but none of them was the study room he wished to locate. The pony had a point. She was probably in her study. Masquerade turned around and went to the other side of the hallway, and, sure enough, there, next to the blue earth pony, was the study. He heard her question. He remained silent, trying to find a way to get in.

@@Stancet,

"Well, who could have guessed that if I randomly teleported around the house for long enough that I'd come across somepony that had found the study." He said, popping in again.

He sat down on his plot, and studied the doorknob.

"Well, if it's a way in you're looking for." He said, punching the door with all of his might. It was more than likely to go clean through. 

Sure enough, the door busted open and Marina was the first to admit she was surprised by Chain Mail's strength. But when she looked through the door, her surprise for the malicious looking unicorn was replaced with surprise for something she did not expect.

Stepping slowly through the door she saw the hoof of a pony laying on the floor behind a desk. Being the first pony inside, Marina Emerald hurried around the desk and couldn't believe her eyes. Laying across the carpet... it wasn't just some stranger. Marina recognized her. The mystery writer's grey fur and black mane... her reading glasses dropped only a few inches from her face. Even without them it was impossible to mistake the identity of the middle aged mare.

Marina couldn't be shocked. It wasn't like her to be shocked by anything. But when she bent down she did feel the pressure of the situation they found themselves in. "It's her," she told the other ponies. "It's... Mary Sue Grafton. She's dead."

The other ponies each had a unique reaction as they came inside to see the crime scene for themselves. Marina let them approach, but didn't let them know what she was really thinking. One of them must have done it. Was it possible? None of them recalled how they first came here into this house, but who else? At that point, Marina became suspicious that they had a murdered in their midst.

Edited by Stancet

@@Stancet,

"Well, that's a dead body." Chain Mail said, walking into the room. "We're going to need to do a field examination to determine whether or not she was killed by poison or by other means. Granted, the general lack of blood means it wasn't a bladed or blunt weapon, but it could have been a bullet through the chest, possibly absorbed into her clothes and carpet enough to not be visible from this angle." He said, keeping himself calm and saying what needed to be done. "We'll also need a sample of blood to analyze if we can find an alchemy lab." He added, making sure to keep bases loaded.

@@Stancet

@@GameytheGeemer

Masquerade entered the room when it was opened. He heard somepony in the room say the possibility of murder in their midst. Masquerade looked over the shoulder of the blue Earth Pony and saw the body. He overheard the possibilities of this terrifying plot, and cringed. Murder. Apparently it was murder, and a cold blooded killer was running free. No, undoubtedly it was murder! Murder in the first degree!

@@super2379,

When Masquerade looked over Marina Emerald's shoulder the blue mare felt uncomfortable; not only because he was so close but his mask made him much too mysterious for even the head strong earth pony. Though Marina could never judge a pony based on appearance alone she noticed the select few in this room with her all had an aura of suspiciousness about them.

@@GameytheGeemer

As Chain Mail approached the dead body of Mary Sue Grafton, Marina couldn't help roll her eyes. "What is it with you? You act calm, like murder is an everyday occurrence to you. I shouldn't even need to say, it seems we're up against something sinister."

As Chain Mail approached the dead body of Mary Sue Grafton, Marina couldn't help roll her eyes. "What is it with you? You act calm, like murder is an everyday occurrence to you. I shouldn't even need to say, it seems we're up against something sinister."

"That's because murder is an everyday occurrence. I was raised in the army, so I've seen a lot more than most ponies do in a lifetime." He said, rolling the body over to inspect the torso for any bullet wounds. "That's why I was drinking wine instead of tea, get a better buzz." He added, not explaining away his history. 

@@Stancet

@@GameytheGeemer

Masquerade listened to this conversation between the two with interest. A murder. He wasn't going to rest until he knew who killed Mary Sue. It was a fact one of them is lying, and no denying one of them is guilty. One of them is surely justifying a vile piece of handiwork. Masquerade wasn't one to like murder, so he decided he should look into this. He wished to find this killer. Because somehow, someway, this killer must be caught. Yes, to be sure, this killer must be caught!

Edited by super2379