Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I need a small laptop

Lightning-flickr

Okay, so I design and draw ponies and love doing it, but my laptop currently is a tank. I need a smaller one for on the go use. My current laptop is about 17 inches but I'd like to get something smaller, at least 4-5 inches smaller. I work using adobe illustrator so I need something that can run that (doesn't matter if I have to hack it). I was looking at netbooks but you can't download outside software onto them, but if someone has a hack for one that'd be fantastic! Lastly, I'm relatively poor, so I need something under $250. Open to any suggestions, thanks!

Edited by lightning-flickr

It's the perfect size but a bit much. (I can't get a job cause of a legal thing) and I don't really need a touch screen /: if there was another version of it that wasn't touch and cost less cause of it, that'd be great. It also bugs me that that costs less than the computer I now have so I could've got that in the first place!

You won't be able to get anything that has a touchscreen and is cheap.. Touchscreen laptops are still considered new and the prices won't be dropping as of now. Maybe until Windows 9 comes out, they won't be as cheap as >250USD.

Edited by Azura

You won't be able to get anything that has a touchscreen and is cheap.. Touchscreen laptops are still considered new and the prices won't be dropping as of now. Maybe until Windows 9 comes out, they won't be as cheap as >250USD.

I don't want anything touch screen. It seems like it might be an inconvenience actually. I might accidentally hit the screen and ruin the whole thing or someone might go "I like that bit" then touch it and ruin it. I found this cheap piece which might be able to be hacked if I ask one of my techy friends.

http://www.outletpc.com/pu7467-nb726a-kocaso-black-7-inch--notebook-pc.html?gclid=COCYzqOrwLwCFatcMgod_i8ALQ#reviews

Edited by Lightning-flickr

I don't want anything touch screen. It seems like it might be an inconvenience actually. I might accidentally hit the screen and ruin the whole thing or someone might go "I like that bit" then touch it and ruin it. I found this cheap piece which might be able to be hacked if I ask one of my techy friends.

http://www.outletpc.com/pu7467-nb726a-kocaso-black-7-inch--notebook-pc.html?gclid=COCYzqOrwLwCFatcMgod_i8ALQ#reviews

Oh, I misread one of your posts. Well if you don't mind using a cheap laptop, expecting slow loading times, lack of RAM, processing power and don't even expect to even play a simple indie game without lagging.

Oh, and about Adobe Illustrator, I doubt that machine can handle that. Don't expect anything other than browsing the web and checking your email. Even a tablet has more processing power than that Netbook.

And this hacking you're talking about. Are you referring to pirated software?

Edited by Azura

And this hacking you're talking about. Are you referring to pirated software?

I have no idea. I have 2 really techy friends I was talking to about this stuff but they didn't answer all my questions cause they got side tracked by video games :T I did actually buy a netbook before I got my laptop. I think I killed it though, cause I tried to download WOW. But if you say it's not worth it I just wont bother. I have a new idea anyway. After I waste all my money on bronycon I'll save up $200 and get a 2007 macbook. It's about 5 inches smaller than my current laptop and really durable. Also my school has loads of them so I could email myself the programs and download them onto it.

I have no idea. I have 2 really techy friends I was talking to about this stuff but they didn't answer all my questions cause they got side tracked by video games :T I did actually buy a netbook before I got my laptop. I think I killed it though, cause I tried to download WOW. But if you say it's not worth it I just wont bother. I have a new idea anyway. After I waste all my money on bronycon I'll save up $200 and get a 2007 macbook. It's about 5 inches smaller than my current laptop and really durable. Also my school has loads of them so I could email myself the programs and download them onto it.

A MacBook 13-inch right? I don't think 11-inch MacBooks existed in 2007, but I'm not sure.

Well, I found this one.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8677565&CatId=4936

It's from Tiger, an 11.6 inch Acer netbook that's been refurbished. It's got a fucking slow processor, but you might be able to put that stuff onto it.

Just know netbooks are pretty slow, so don't be disappointed at its performance.

I kinda wana get a macbook now so I can get free programs off my school. But if you guys find a cheap one that'd be fantastic  :lol:

HISSSSS MACBOOK *hides in super dark corner of the room*

• Brohoof 2

Also my school has loads of them so I could email myself the programs and download them onto it.

Hate to break it to you but you can't email yourself most programs.

• Brohoof 1

Really? I think you can. I'll try it next time, but I really hope you can.

Well what are you hoping to email?

Edited by Bohtty

Well I don't have to email it, I could put it on a memory stick but as I said, I draw stuff so adobe illustrator 

All Adobe products require activation keys which work on a per-user basis. IE: You still need to buy another key to use Adobe Illustrator... or you know you could just pirate it.

All Adobe products require activation keys which work on a per-user basis. IE: You still need to buy another key to use Adobe Illustrator... or you know you could just pirate it.

Sure, if you could find one cause I can't :(  I tried looking up torrents of it and stuff but I couldn't even find references