Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I need a small laptop

Lightning-flickr

Sure, if you could find one cause I can't :(  I tried looking up torrents of it and stuff but I couldn't even find references 

I can't do that for you, sir. On a completely different note, let me show you about this really NEAT website that I used to... uh... post family photos to... http://kickass.to/ WINK WINK ("adobe illustrator cs2 mac" shhhhh)

I don't know about costs, but I'll trade you my Acer for that tank of a laptop you've got.

I need something more powerful for my main computer since I started using Photoshop on this one.

I'm not sure if you'd want fishy. I call him fish cause he's fat like a fish i used to have and also he always falls asleep. 

tumblr_m8d990iP6w1r1jg0ro1_250.gif

@@Lightning-flickr,

I don't need mobility in a laptop. Only power, and a moderate batery life.

My computer (the one I'm typing this on) has neither. (It shuts down after around 15 seconds of battery life).

Although. Does it go to sleep while using. That might be an issue.

Edited by GameytheGeemer

@@Lightning-flickr,

I don't need mobility in a laptop. Only power, and a moderate batery life.

My computer (the one I'm typing this on) has neither. (It shuts down after around 15 seconds of battery life).

Although. Does it go to sleep while using. That might be an issue.

Well I don't want to get rid of fishy, just get him a little companion 

@@Lightning-flickr,

I just looked at that macbook from 2007.

Ew.

Ew.

Holy fuck, ew.

(( This is macbook pro 13 inch ))

The processor is the only good thing in the computer. Other then that, 1GB of DDR2 Ram is crap, the 80-160GB HDD is crap, the 1200 x 800 screen is crap, and the graphics processor uses shared memory, so there's 144 MB of RAM already gone right there.

I'd also ask which version of Adobe Illustrator you're using, because honestly... That Macbook is out of date in its tecnhical specifications. Not to mention, I don't know if the computer supports 64 bit (( which it might, idk )) so all in all it would be fairly slow even with that macbook.

Edited by Milk Wave
  • Brohoof 1

I was gunna do an experiment tomorrow. Draw something on the illustrator on the macbooks at school then send it to fishy and see if it opens. I only really need it for on the go use. As in I get an idea, sketch it then send it to fishy and make it look beautiful 

@@Lightning-flickr

Yeah, you may have a little trouble with the 1GB of DDR2 RAM in there, but.. It'll still work.

All i'm saying as of now is that what you pick is your choice, but I think the windows netbook actually provides a better performance of Illustrator.

@@Lightning-flickr

Yeah, you may have a little trouble with the 1GB of DDR2 RAM in there, but.. It'll still work.

All i'm saying as of now is that what you pick is your choice, but I think the windows netbook actually provides a better performance of Illustrator.

waaa? EVERYONE JUST GOT DONE SAYING HOW IT WOULDN'T WORK ON THERE?!

@@Lightning-flickr,

Might barely work on there, since the processor supports 64 bit and such. I don't know, I really don't, but maybe it might work, maybe it might not.

Also, anything from 2010 back is something from the past. Aka: I wouldn't buy anything behind that date. 

rakuten.com

They have great deals on refurbished stuff. Have purchased a few off here and they've been great. I'd grab a Core Duo/Core 2 Duo Lenovo and call it good.

As for getting your Adobe software onto something without an optical drive, you should be able to download it from Adobe's website or you can use a USB optical drive to install by disc.

Normal netbooks will not run programs like what you want. You'd basically need a 13" or bigger so you have some real specs rather than netbook specs. ULV processors and Celeron stuff, you'll regret buying if you do. I speak from experience in IT. Unless you go modern MBA, sub 13" just isn't worth it unless all you want to do is browse the web.

The older, plastic MacBooks actually run illustrator and stuff well (this depends on version of course, you've still not said, I ran CS4 with great success). If you go that route I recommend the black version since it had top specs, and ram is cheap/easy to upgrade if you feel you need it. Anything newer will be even better.

Don't forget to look on Amazon as well, they have good deals on older laptops too. Found the black MacBook for $220.

Edited by The Mane-iac
  • Brohoof 1

rakuten.com

They have great deals on refurbished stuff. Have purchased a few off here and they've been great. I'd grab a Core Duo/Core 2 Duo Lenovo and call it good.

As for getting your Adobe software onto something without an optical drive, you should be able to download it from Adobe's website or you can use a USB optical drive to install by disc.

Normal netbooks will not run programs like what you want. You'd basically need a 13" or bigger so you have some real specs rather than netbook specs. ULV processors and Celeron stuff, you'll regret buying if you do. I speak from experience in IT. Unless you go modern MBA, sub 13" just isn't worth it unless all you want to do is browse the web.

The older, plastic MacBooks actually run illustrator and stuff well (this depends on version of course, you've still not said, I ran CS4 with great success). If you go that route I recommend the black version since it had top specs, and ram is cheap/easy to upgrade if you feel you need it. Anything newer will be even better.

Don't forget to look on Amazon as well, they have good deals on older laptops too. Found the black MacBook for $220.

Thanks, the mac book was 2007 and the program was eirther CS3 or CS4 

Thanks, the mac book was 2007 and the program was eirther CS3 or CS4 

CS3 was 2007 and CS4 was 2008, both will work just fine on a plastic MacBook. 2009 was the last year for those MacBooks and are the best because they come stock with 2GB DDR2 ram and an nVidia graphics chip. If you go older, try not to go older than the Santa Rosa models that came out late 2007 or your graphics chip suffers big time.

On the other hoof, since you keep mentioning netbooks, for reference I can tell you something even running an Intel Atom will not handle CS3/4. I have a Dell mini 10v with OS X 10.6 on it, and it chugs just surfing the web anymore. I've even tried running Ubuntu and it's still just as sluggish. And the Celeron laptop my grandmother just bought about a year ago wouldn't handle it very well either.

If someone comes to me asking about laptops, and they just want something older, I always try to get them on a Core 2 Duo or newer. The Core 2's still run really well and are good if you're not looking for a speed demon for gaming or something. For someone looking for using CS4 or newer, a real graphics chip by ATI or nVidia is recommended for the graphics acceleration. If it's a newer laptop, Intel HD graphics work fine.

Feel free to pick my brain some more if you want, I do this stuff all the time. Right now I'm personally trying to decide if I want a tablet, or a small laptop so I can stop using my phone for everything since it's more powerful than the 10v.

Edited by The Mane-iac