Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Laptop or desktop?

gamecubeguy214

Laptop and desktop  

27 users have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer to use?

• Laptop
    • Desktop

I personally use a laptop, but I found the things that came with the computer I had in my previous home, and hooked an HDMI to a TV that's about the size of that computer's monitor so technically I use a desktop. What do you use? A laptop or desktop?

Edited by gamecubeguy214

I have a 2 in 1 and a desktop. I much prefer my desktop, as it has more raw power, and allows me to perform a myriad of tasks at once, as to where my 2 in 1 works as a versatile piece of equipment that I can use on the move. It's a touch on the heavy side though, making it a little impractical as a tablet. That being said, it still allows me to port the easier part of my work with me. Thats a plus. As for the computer screen of my desktop, I use the same television I use for my gaming consoles. So, thanks to HDMI I have an enormous screen no matter what. Lol

I have a laptop, a kinda meh Gateway one to be specific. Honestly, laptops have issues but I still think I prefer them overall. Their ease of use when it comes to setups and all of that is really nice, but the battery life and overheating on some is pretty bad, like mine. Also mine is kinda bulky and not very portable to be honest. Still, being at least somewhat portable is better than not portable at all I suppose and that is one of the reasons laptops are my preference. 

I much prefer my Desktop, but then again its my lovingly crafted gaming PC versus a mediocre laptop so not really a fair fight.  :lol:

That and I don't tend to go anywhere with my computers so portability isn't much of an issue.

I'm fine with both. I like using my desktop since there's more power, meaning games perform better, plus it's easier to upgrade, but I like using my laptop so I can take it where ever I go, mainly trips (I don't really like taking 'em to school for some reason), plus I like laying in bed with my laptop on me :P

Both technically, I use my Surface(Counts as a laptop and tablet) when I am away from my desktop. Even on my Surface I perform intensive operations including gaming(Mainly Dawn of War and Company of Heroes along with others). Though I will always prefer my desktop, I have invested too much and it is my primary device for everything.

Edited by Commissar Twilight

For browsing I don't mind using a laptop. I've used them for about a decade now for all of my internet needs. I also take it with me when I move to my room so I can talk and play games at the same time, when I'm in a social mood or need a walkthrough.

But for gaming I'd need a desktop. If only because it can be upgraded one piece at a time. Harder to do, if at all possible, with laptops as far as I'm told.

I use a computer. When I was younger and my parents bought my brother and I our own computers, we did get laptops, but when we got older, we got our own computers instead. A few years ago I got a small laptop because I was really into 'Gaia' at the time, so I thought it would be perfect for browsing that whilst sitting in bed watching TV, but unfortunately the laptop was so slow and crappy, I stopped using it. It's always computer for me now.

The desktop isn't really mine since it belongs to the whole family, but I'm really the only one who uses it. Its pretty old and has bad integrated graphics, definitly not good for gaming, it barely runs TF2 at 30 fps. 

I think at this point I prefer the privacy and portability of my more modern laptop even if its pretty low-powered, I've never tried running games on it.

For the heavy gaming stuff I prefer my desktop, but my laptop is strong enough to pull most last-gen games, which are pretty much the only ones I play anyway. So if my laptop happens to be closer, I'll use that.

• 7 years later...

I use a laptop because I don’t have room on my desk for a big clunky desktop computer. I keep that space from far more important things like my princess figurines, Barbie stuff and Star Wars toys. Priorities first, people!

I have both. It's easier for me to sit here in a chair in front of a screen and type than do it on my lap but sometimes the laptop is convenient. That's the main way I listen to music and usually watch tv.

Desktop, as it's more suited to my own activity and is what I use 99% of the time. I have a laptop, but I only use that when I need computer access while travelling, which is pretty rare.

Laptop, I had different since 2006, as I got the job and wanted a laptop. Annoying they broken down, and one of laptop I used to have keeps not responding, slowing and crash, it's annoying. Wasting money on buying new laptops.