Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology How Long Do You Keep The Default Desktop Screen On Your New Computer?

Denim&Venöm

When you get a new computer, how long do you keep the default standard desktop picture? Do leave it for a few days? A week? A month? Never change it? Or do you change it right away? 

On my Old Laptop, I had a default Dell Wallpaper (A theme that was pre-installed) and keep it until New Years Eve.

but On my Current Laptop I had now, I had a default Alienware Wallpaper (Again, A theme that was Pre-installed) and I keep it until I transfer my Mom's Boyfriend's Dog pictures from my Old Laptop to my Current Laptop.

Honestly, the moment I set up a new computer, it gets a new background right away. I don't waste any time with customization. :P 

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, the moment I set up a new computer, it gets a new background right away. I don't waste any time with customization. :P

This, this, a thousand times this. I immediately switch over to a wallpaper fitting to my tastes. Currently my desktop background is Remilia Scarlet from Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil.

• Brohoof 1

This, this, a thousand times this. I immediately switch over to a wallpaper fitting to my tastes. Currently my desktop background is Remilia Scarlet from Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil.

There's just an unbearable feeling nagging at you until you've customized! At least, that's how I feel about anything involving electronics, profiles, and personal space. :P

• Brohoof 2

There's just an unbearable feeling nagging at you until you've customized! At least, that's how I feel about anything involving electronics, profiles, and personal space. :P

I absolutely couldn't agree more. The sooner any space, whether home, rented, or even something as small scale as a background, 3DS, or even PS4 theme, has your personal mark on it, the better. Home is where you plaster your personal taste all over everything, after all.

• Brohoof 2

The very first thing I do when I get a computer or other device is to customize its wallpaper and theme. It's just something I have to do.

• Brohoof 2

I customize everything immediately. I don't waste time with anything as insignificant as content until I've made the cover pretty! :proud: To me, electronics are too impersonal as it is, so if I can at least make them appear more palatable, that's my number one priority! And I change wallpaper regularly; there's no point in getting too stagnant with any one image.  :grin:

I got new laptop on Christmas with my first Win10. and there's still default theme. It looks nice and new for me ^-^. But sure, I'm getting rid of old (not only default) wallpaper as soon as I'm becoming tired of it.

A couple of hours, usually after I'm done with all the setup. When I've changed it I usually keep the same wallpaper for a year or more.

This is usually the first thing I do after buying a new device or installing the operating system. Well, after installing the drivers and whatnot. I like adding my personal touch to my electronics when it comes to aesthetics. I usually find a nice minimalist or stylized wallpaper to use, but sometimes space can be pretty awesome too.

I've just been using the same default desktop for the laptop that I have been using for a few years, and never bothered to change it.

My first laptop, I changed it a few times, but I am just unsatisfied when I change the ones on this one.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I keep for the amount of time it takes to throw in a flash drive with all the wallpapers I have from my other/older computer. 

I usually also set it to cycle randomly every minute, for the variety.