Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gay pride poster on door got a note.

jaime_lion

that's really positive and all and I could swear I saw that artwork before, I just don't remember where, but I think that using MLP characters to show pride is not Ok.

at least is unconfortable to me seeing Flutters and Rainbow, and Big Mac and Shining doing this.

I, however, loved the story of your note, I would like to know what does it says, I'm very curious to know :)

"hey just wanted to say your awesome for showing pride !!! your next door neighbor."

how nice of him or her, why there couldn't be more people like this awesome person in the world? 

Edited by Motion Spark

Good for you.

It makes me kind of irritated that they choose the one stallion that canonically married for this though. That's more of a "My OCD hates the severe OOC" than being disturbed by the content though.  

I can't complain about the FlutterDash though because Silent Ponyville has given me a weakness for it. 

Edited by Shoboni

Good to hear man, while shining armor being on there may erk me, as he is canonically married, that is still really awesome that you posted that, and even got some support on it. 

That one pisses me off in general no matter what the work or pairing. I'm always like "why are we now pairing off the characters that are happily married? Can we not just roll with it and enjoy them being together?"

Edited by Shoboni

SHINING IS A MARRIED MAN STALLION.

SHINING, YOU ABSOLUTE PIECE OF CRAP.

DOES CADENCE EVEN KNOW? PROBABLY NOT.

JUST DIE.

On another note, that was really sweet; I was worried this thread would be about anti-gay meanies.

Edited by Zenith
  • Brohoof 1

That one pisses me off in general no matter what the work or pairing. I'm always like "why are now pairing off the characters that are happily married? Can we not just roll with it and enjoy them being together?"

I would have used Braeburn, as a plethora of homosexual fanfics involve him, and in most places, quite a few people have a head canon that he is homosexual. And ya, if they are married or otherwise in a relationship in the canon media, I believe that they should stay that way. 

• Brohoof 1

I would have used Braeburn, as a plethora of homosexual fanfics involve him, and in most places, quite a few people have a head canon that he is homosexual. And ya, if they are married or otherwise in a relationship in the canon media, I believe that they should stay that way.

That would be a good idea but then it would be considered incest. Idk. Whatever floats your boat.

That would be a good idea but then it would be considered incest. Idk. Whatever floats your boat.

huh, forgot about that. Well just use doctor whooves and big mac then. Or any other stallion that is not in one of the few canonical relationships. 

Woohoo! Great! Awesome! You deserve a medal! So does that guy who put the note on your poster!

"Hey, just wanted to let the world show I have pride!"

"Awesome, here's recognition for it!"

Truly, truly, truly commendable deed right there. Both of you should be extremely proud of your pride. Really, without even doing anything of any sort of great magnitude, you have shown more pride in yourselves than anyone I have ever seen.

Here, a gift for your efforts. Edited by Modphase
  • Brohoof 2

huh, forgot about that. Well just use doctor whooves and big mac then. Or any other stallion that is not in one of the few canonical relationships. 

Well, I think I read on TVtropes that most of the writers view the Doctor has either bisexual or his race as a whole as having no concept of orientation(and he his flirted with Jack even if it was just for a quick gag), so that could maybe work....

Woohoo! Great! Awesome! You deserve a medal! So does that guy who put the note on your poster!

"Hey, just wanted to let the world show I have pride!"

"Awesome, here's recognition for it!"

Truly, truly, truly commendable deed right there. Both of you should be extremely proud of your pride.

And thus we come to the problem in written text on the internet, the inability to tell sarcasm from over jubilant praise.  

• Brohoof 1

And thus we come to the problem in written text on the internet, the inability to tell sarcasm from over jubilant praise.  

I say we assume the best and preemptively prevent WWIII from breaking loose in here.  

I say we assume the best and preemptively prevent WWIII from breaking loose in here.  

I say we don't assume things like some people tend to do. I say we read the comment again.

• Brohoof 1

You should look at what website we are on. Overly immaculate praise for doing very little does tend to fly around here quite well. 

Hmm, I'm sure this time it won't.

• Brohoof 1