Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should or shouldn't i? Help please.

Evil Nightmares

I'm not sure about black, but I think a solid-color background would be better than the plain wood. I don't know...grey, maybe? 

The reason i would go with black glass is because its the cheapest and easiest to get.

Fellow brony painter chiming in here for whatever it is worth. You definitely want a dark background, contrast is key. Have you considered a very dark blue? Maybe even midnight?

The reason i would go with black glass is because its the cheapest and easiest to get.

It sounds like you really just want to do the black glass and it would be a great contrast. Although maybe to add some color you could have some more colors like dark blue or purple in it as well like randomly throughout the black so it breaks it up a little, but it's ultimately whatever you want your art to look like. 

• Brohoof 1

My first instinct is to say yes (that looks cool so far, by the way). My first question is whether or not you have experimented with colours either on paper or digitally, my second question is by how much is black glass cheaper. Detective Butler's suggestion sounded good colour-wise, you can also consider dark grey rather than black, if that is a valid option. Personally, I think the contrast of a dark background would really add to it.

• Brohoof 1