Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shouldn't there be a human Twilight already? Where was she?

Naught Important

(edited)
Where has sunset Shimmer been this whole time?

I think she's just a normal human girl, who during her high school years turned into a stuck up drama queen. As seen by the pictures of her (prom portraits?) the first one shows her looking innocent while the other one makes her look evil to some degree. 

At some point she found out about the mirror portal and she sneaked in at several points. It's not canon anyway so I guess it really doesn't matter though.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn
  • Brohoof 1

I think she's just a normal human girl, who during her high school years turned into a stuck up drama queen. As seen by the pictures of her (prom portraits?) the first one shows her looking innocent while the other one makes her look evil to some degree. 

At some point she found out about the mirror portal and she sneaked in at several points. It's not canon anyway so I guess it really doesn't matter though.

Good points. I did see the pitcures and she did look so much nicer in the first one. And it's not canon, so we might as well agree to disagree. Great points agiain.

• Brohoof 1

Well I just saw the movie and I'm pretty sure there was a human Twilight because when Twilight first meets Pinkie Pie, Pinkie feels like she knows Twilight from somewhere and asks her if she has a "Identical twin sister that lives in the city that has a dog named Spike that looks exactly like that." (Quoting the movie) So I'm pretty sure there is a human Twilight.

• Brohoof 1

What about my question in response to this other girl Sunset Shimmer mentions that stood in her way before Twilight showed up? I'm so curious about that as well as other questions I have about the movie.

• Brohoof 1

What about my question in response to this other girl Sunset Shimmer mentions that stood in her way before Twilight showed up? I'm so curious about that as well as other questions I have about the movie.

It could be Trixie. We all know she has a boastful attitude that would get on peoples nerves. I think the proof is the fact that she's not even acting like herself when she meets Twilight at the vending machine. She seems rather depressed in fact as if something terrible had happened to her. Also the fact Snips and Snails are following Sunset Shimmer instead of Trixie also adds on the my theory that Trixie was "that other girl" We all know that the pony Snips and Snails were complete diehard fans of Trixie. the fact they aren't even talking about her in the movie strikes me as weird and out of place.

Of course I could be wrong and the girl Sunset Shimmer had driven away could have been that dimensions Twilight. Human Pinkie Pie subtlety hints about other dimension Twilight when pony Twilight meets her for the first time.  

(edited)

Well look at it this way, Twilight and Shininh armor lived in a diffrent town/city canterlot. We don't see any ponies from there like Fancy Pants,Blue Blood or Octavia. We only see ponyville ponies. So my theory is Human Twi is jsut in another school or in another town. Her human self had no reason to move to there since even if Celestia was still her role model the best she could do is be in school and study to become Principle one day. Also i don't remember if it was Pinkie or AJ but someone asked her if she was from the "big city" so maybe they saw her there. Idk this is what it hink anyway img-1589970-1-wink.png

EDIT: I rewatched that sceen and Pinkie asked her if she has a twin sister in a big city with a dog named Spike. Now you could say that this is just Pinkie saying random nonesense but the thing with Pinkie in this movie is that shes psychic (i guess) And she always knows stuff she shouldn't and when asked how she knows it she replies "just a hunch" so i think its safe to asume that Twilight could just be in the Big City in some other school. And look at it this way. Whats the point of putting this line in, except to avoid plot holes.

Edited by TasteTheRainboom
  • Brohoof 1

I think that Twilight has an alternate self just like the others, but I'm not sure where she was in the movie honestly. 

Maybe both versions can't be present idk. Regardless I think the alternate Twilight exists, but is probaly comfortable the way she is I guess.

She probably doesn't know about the portal anyways, and also can't go there but once every 30 moons anyways so she doesn't have a high chance for it.

Maybe she lives in the big city in the alternate world, who knows.

I just don't think Twilights alternate self is going to go to Equestria anytime soon. If she did I'm not totally sure how it'd be or why she would they don't really have any issues there right now. No real reason besides for the heck of it.

Also I'm gonna be against Sunset being Twilight's alternate self, simply because she was already explained to be Celestia's Pupil, and she also said she went to the alternate realm herself, so technically shes a pony.

• Brohoof 1

I was wondering the same thing also! Wondered why human Twilight didn't go to that school...I'm not sure why she didn't but i do know she exists, Pinkie Pie asked if Twilight had a twin sister in the City with a dog that looked just like hers named Spike. So yea, wish they would have said more about her in the movie. 

Could it be possible that Sunset Shimmer was originally from Equestria, who then went into the portal to the human world and was stuck there for the 30 moons that Luna mentions? One full moon cycle is almost a month, so 30 moons could refer to 30 full moons which in turn is 2 1/2 years. Shimmer could've been stuck, but knowing her she made the best of it and rulled that school for the time.

• 4 weeks later...

As the title suggests, I'm curious about where the alternate Twilight was. In the movie pinkie tells equestria Twilight about her "twin" who lives in the city and happens to have the same green dog named spike... Why did she never show up? What was she doing? Did equestria Twilight replace EQ Twilight when going through the portal?

What happened?

@@XrosOver,

We actually already had a thread for speculation on Twilight's alternate dimension counterpart, whether anything happened to her, where she was, etc, so yours has been merged with the older one.

Human Twilight probably went through the portal before it closed but, we didn't see it. So, it probably went like that and Pinkie Pie probably got to see her until she went back in the portal.

In the film, Pinkie Pie asks if Twilight Sparkle has a twin who lives in the city who has a dog that looks just like Spike. Twilight responds with yes. Pinkie Pie than says "Thought so." Pinkie Pie wouldn't know that Twilight came from another dimension, and she would assume that Twilight was just a twin.

So, I'm almost positive human Twilight was in the city during the events of the film. Though if you think about it, that actually makes a lot of sense considering that Twilight lived in Canterlot in the beginning of the show. Perhaps in the Equestria Girls timeline, human Twilight will move to that area and start attending that school. Or, she could move there after the other human Mane 6 graduates from the high school which would make more sense considering that the Mane 6 don't appear to be in school and are young adults when Twilight moves there.

• Brohoof 3

Pinkie Pie DID say, "Somewhere in the city." She probably saw Twilight in another school or something, and Pony-Twilight was a twin, was probably what she assumed.

I can see it now, Human Twilight going to college and having 4 of the Human Mane 5 swarm her because they think she's Twilight. Pinkie would know it wasn't her however.

"You're back Twilight!"

"Uhh, do I know you?"

• 2 weeks later...

At the start of the movie twilight was asked if she had a twin sister in the city, implying that the "other" twilight lived in the city and possibly left the school before hand or maybe happened to meet the ponie humans at some point in the other world.

Edited by Little Miss Sentry

My thought on this was in Equestria it was the Princess that caused Twilight to go to Ponyville where she eventually met her friends. In Equestria Girls verse the Princess was the principal of the school so twilight wouldn't have met her and wouldn't have been encouraged to move elsewhere. So there is a Twilight, just somewhere else in the world.

sIt's an alternate universe so it doesn't mean everything is exactly mirrored from the human world to the pony world.

I would say that the other Twilight doesn't even existbut Pinkie Pie contradicts that theory.

I think Pinkie Pie (Human) mentioned another Twilight... "Do you have a sister who looks just like you and has a dog like yours named Spike?" is what I remember. She probably went to an advanced school, you know... because she's one of the smartest ponies, or human, or what ever.