Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Art Discussion Sub-forum

Klopp

In order to keep things a little more organized, we've decided to add a new sub-forum to Octavia's hall; Art Discussion!

Now first of all, this is not a place for you to throw in a piece of artwork and say "What do you guys think of this?" as that is what the rest of Octavia's Hall is for. This will be a place to post ideas, requests, questions about art techniques, and the occasional artist collaberation type threads.

Here's a quick summary and a few examples of the sort of things we expect to see within the Art Discussion sub-forum.

• Ideas: Any upcoming plans you have for art, and looking to gather ideas for an art project you are working on. - Examples: I'm a brony. - Fanfiction idea input
  • Requests: Whether you are asking for something to be made, or looking for something to make yourself, this new sub-forum is where to go! - Examples: Calling all drawers, Drawing Ocs for Free.
  • Questions about art techniques and tutorials: If you are new to art, or want to learn a new technique, ask away and (hopefully) somepony will respond to give you some pointers ;) Also you can post your own tutorials, and spread your artistic knowledge across the internet! - Examples: Some Newbie Questions ;o, Signature tutorial for Beginners
  • Artist Collaberation: If you've got an idea, and are looking for more artists to help make it happen, this is just where you want to be. - Examples: Whiskey's Journal, My Little Dashie (Movie)
If you have any questions or comments on the new section, feel free to ask right here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

For now we are working on transfering threads on over that belong in this new sub-forum, so if you happen to spot a thread that you think belongs in Art Discussion, don't hesitate to let us know by reporting it. It will only make our job as mods easier, and make the transition of threads into Art Discussion much faster.

Have a nice day, everypony :D

• Brohoof 7

Yes, I also enjoy this new section! Many of the topics located in both visual and non-pony arts did not have much to do with actual art, but meta. I am glad this was separated in its own sections so people can view even more specific topics! Go staff!

I do plan on submitting ideas (The Mau5Head designs - one of them being my avatar - could be one of them), though I'm just putting them up to see what people think of them. Is that OK?

Edited by K4GZL-11D72612

I find the art discussion section really helps narrow it down when looking for a place to put a thread. It makes it more organized and easier for people to find things. :)

Thank you for this, I loove organization. Also great because I am a new member and have not yet traversed through many forums.

Is there a topic on favorite ponies yet? :wacko: