Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv derpy as rose? (rose=doctors assistant by the way)

Ginger snap

im serious here, what weirdo picked derpy as rose in doctor whooves! Derpy is cute and lovable but she has nothing in common with rose!!!! I hope its not because rose is blonde and derpy is a typical blonde cuz dat racist.

• Brohoof 1

cuz dat racist.

I don't think you know what that word means...

With that said, I personally *loathe* the Derpy/Time Turner ship for some, deep-seated, personal reasons that are in no way, shape, or form rooted in jealousy. Oh no, sir.

Stay away from my waifu, Mr. Whooves!

Edited by Derp My Life
  • Brohoof 1

Derpy isn't anything like Rose, to my knowledge. Derpy is more like Jo Grant from the classic series (Third Doctor).

But then, I really didn't like Rose. Especially as time went on, and the character became more and more selfish and self-absorbed.

I tend to write Derpy as Jo Grant, ditzy, clumsy, and a bit careless and giggly. But I also put a new trait on her: Derpy notices things that nobody else does, she just has no idea what to do with that information. So every once in awhile the Doctor asks her 'What do you see?', being honestly curious about what he missed.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't do it as a ship. I'm an old-timer Whovian. Yes, there was subtext in the classic series that the Doctor had a 'thing' for Jo, but you have to really look hard to see it.

Edited by Fhaolan

What made you think Derpy was supposed to be rose? The doctor has had a lot of companions, rose is one of many. Is it just because Whooves looks like Ten? Why can't Derpy just be herself?

well, dr.whooves is just another version of the doctor so, i beleive that derpy should be like rose which is the doctors companion that is airing now (srry if it isnt the doctor on air this time its just its the one on netflix lolz)

Derpy isn't anything like Rose, to my knowledge. Derpy is more like Jo Grant from the classic series (Third Doctor).

But then, I really didn't like Rose. Especially as time went on, and the character became more and more selfish and self-absorbed.

I tend to write Derpy as Jo Grant, ditzy, clumsy, and a bit careless and giggly. But I also put a new trait on her: Derpy notices things that nobody else does, she just has no idea what to do with that information. So every once in awhile the Doctor asks her 'What do you see?', being honestly curious about what he missed.

EDIT: Oh, and I don't do it as a ship. I'm an old-timer Whovian. Yes, there was subtext in the classic series that the Doctor had a 'thing' for Jo, but you have to really look hard to see it.

that makes sense but i think it really should be based off one of the newer ones

well, dr.whooves is just another version of the doctor so, i beleive that derpy should be like rose which is the doctors companion that is airing now (srry if it isnt the doctor on air this time its just its the one on netflix lolz)

The current Doctor is Peter Capaldi, he just took the mantle from Matt Smith. David Tennant hasn't been the doctor for years. Plus David was the tenth in a long line of actors to play the doctor, all of which had companions of their own. I think Derpy is just Derpy, the doctor probably likes her for being herself. Not for being some sort of pony Rose clone.

Racist 

noun

a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

Does it say anything about hair? No, so that isn't racist

technicly blonde hair is a race because in the haulocaust the jews were killed because they werent like other germans, germans had blonde hair.

The current Doctor is Peter Capaldi, he just took the mantle from Matt Smith. David Tennant hasn't been the doctor for years. Plus David was the tenth in a long line of actors to play the doctor, all of which had companions of their own. I think Derpy is just Derpy, the doctor probably likes her for being herself. Not for being some sort of pony Rose clone.

yea. i beleive it now. it makes ense

Huh. Didn't realize how far behind Netflix is. We've had several companions since Rose now.

That's a lot like how it used to be with the US/Canada being several years behind the UK for broadcast of episodes.

that makes sense but i think it really should be based off one of the newer ones

Out of curiosity, why? In my mind, part of the point of the Doctor's companions is that they could be *anyone*. Even in the new series we've had a variety of different characters as companions. Rose, Micky, Jack, Donna, Martha, Amy, Rory, Claire, not counting the semi-valid ones from the 2009 Specials... Yes, he does have a tendency to prioritize picking up 'bits of stuff' as it were, but they're still a variety of characters. So I don't really see a need to limit it to just the character types from the current series. :)