Cutie Mark Crusaders are annoying?

CosmicHooves

(edited)

I'm sorry, but honestly I find the cutie mark crusaders a bit annoying.

Here are my reasons:

1. You can't TRY to get your cutie mark. It just naturally appears.

2. They try all sorts of things they are not really good at and totally are unaware of their real talents as shown in the episode "Show Stoppers".

3. They're a bit too concerned about getting they're cutie marks to the point it has not only gotten them in trouble, but it almost got Fluttershy turned to stone by that weird chicken snake.

4. In most of the scenes you never really see them hanging out just as friends. Instead they're too busy focusing on getting their cutie marks.

5. The main 6 have told them you CAN'T earn your cutie marks, yet they still try.

There's my reasons.

It's just merely my opinion.

post-25645-0-04668100-1396728026_thumb.jpg

Edited by Psyco Dash
  • Brohoof 1

I think the Cutie Mark Crusaders are meant to be like every kid who wants to figure out their place in the world.  All of the other ponies in their classes have one so they feel left out - isolated.  They just want to fit in.

But in trying so hard to get their marks they have formed a wonderful friendship with each other. 

Your picture shows them with cutie marks.  Unless this happened today (I have not seen today's episode), I am assuming you just filled those in and they are still blank flanks.

I would be curious to see what would happen if they each get theirs at different times.  Will they stay Cutie Mark Crusaders even if one gets one and the other 2 are still blank flanks?  I imagine it might make the 2 that did not even more frustrated.  It would make for a great episode to show that the bond of friendship is deeper than who gets their cutie mark first.

I think a lot of ponies out there can identify with them.  I think they are pretty important in the grand theme of the show.

• Brohoof 3

I think the Cutie Mark Crusaders are meant to be like every kid who wants to figure out their place in the world.  All of the other ponies in their classes have one so they feel left out - isolated.  They just want to fit in.

But in trying so hard to get their marks they have formed a wonderful friendship with each other. 

Your picture shows them with cutie marks.  Unless this happened today (I have not seen today's episode), I am assuming you just filled those in and they are still blank flanks.

I would be curious to see what would happen if they each get theirs at different times.  Will they stay Cutie Mark Crusaders even if one gets one and the other 2 are still blank flanks?  I imagine it might make the 2 that did not even more frustrated.  It would make for a great episode to show that the bond of friendship is deeper than who gets their cutie mark first.

I think a lot of ponies out there can identify with them.  I think they are pretty important in the grand theme of the show.

Hmm... I didn't see that.

I merely just got this photo off the internet.

Weird.

(edited)

Hmm... I didn't see that.

I merely just got this photo off the internet.

Weird.

How funny!  Maybe you wanted so badly to have the Cutie Marks Crusador bits over with that you were drawn to this particular picture!  :lol:

Edited by Diva Pony
  • Brohoof 1

Oh no, I HATE WHEN KIDS TRY TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING WITH THEIR LIFE!!!

I'm sorry but Adorable + Life goals is just a win, you yourself are invalid.

The cutie mark crusaders' life goals aren't worth it cause they can't EARN their cutie marks.

They have to let it happen.

Its funny that i just suddenly imagined the CMC getting there marks.

CMC: We got our cutie marks!!!!

Sweetie Belle: So...er... now what do we do?

Applebloom: I dunno....

Scootaloo: Beats me...

CMC: .....

no_one_bucks_with_rainbow_dash_stamp_by_  

My OC's:  MalinterRahl, Vengeful impact & alias-the-marked-one

First fic i've written since forever here

"Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier." most legendary quote ever.

I don't think they'e annoying at all - they're trying hard to find something that they are good at so that they can gain their own sense of identity. You can't fault them for trying new things.

Just like Malinter says above, if they suddenly all got their cutie marks, there wouldn't be much point in them anymore.

Oh and just look at how sad you made Sweetie Belle by calling them annoying... :(

sweetie_belle___ono_by_lukezke-d5nkb1d.p

• Brohoof 5

You can make an argument that there is a bit of repetitiveness and some recent CMC kind of phone it in, but I don't find them annoying at all. I see them as impatient kids trying a little too hard to find their place in the world and often fail to see the big picture.

• Brohoof 1

1. You can't TRY to get your cutie mark. It just naturally appears.

Was the main 6 natural? They're cutie mark came into effect, influenced by each other. I guess that's natural, or more like supernatural since a bit of magic in the rainbow connected all of them.

2. They try all sorts of things they are not really good at and totally are unaware of their real talents as shown in the episode "Show Stoppers"

Well, they're trying new things to find out what they are good at.

3. They're a bit too concerned about getting they're cutie marks to the point it has not only gotten them in trouble, but it almost got Fluttershy turned to stone by that weird chicken snake.

The cartoon presents this in a way that children can connect with; that moment when all your friends seem more mature than you or other kids are able to do things and some kids get left behind. I can't give you the boy perspective on this but it's pretty much the same for boys and girls. When children mature slower than other kids, those kids can feel insecure about themselves. So FIM is presenting this process in pony version. For kids and pre-teens this is probably more relevant to adults and or older teenagers because they have already gone through this process.

4. In most of the scenes you never really see them hanging out just as friends. Instead they're too busy focusing on getting their cutie marks.

Generally when kids get together they do a bunch of nonsense together and frankly just seeing the cutie mark crusaders sit around eating chips, playing video games and watching TV would not be very interesting for a cartoon. I'm sure they do just hang out but who wants to watch that as a plot on a 30 minute cartoon?

5. The main 6 have told them you CAN'T earn your cutie marks, yet they still try.

There are a lot of times in real life where younger people do not listen to the more mature people in they're lives, why would this be presented any differently on the cartoon? This is probably one of the most realistic things happening in the situation.

• Brohoof 2

In my opinion, their gimmick has lost its charm. You can only say "Let's do [x] to earn our cutie marks!" before you start rolling your eyes. They're like the Team Rocket of MLP, except Team Rocket actually had their funny moments every once in a while.

There needs to be more shit like the Babs Seed episode, where there's a fresh, legitimate problem that needs to be solved. Not just them dicking around with the same old song and dance.

Just saiyan.

upG787z.gif

On 10/13/2013 at 6:59 PM, little gamie said:

I'm fresh in school

Hey, you. You should fill out my Johari Window if you're bored.

I don't find them to be annoying. It's getting a bit repetitive but until they do their cutie marks, complaining about it won't help them earn them any faster.

The cutie mark crusaders' life goals aren't worth it cause they can't EARN their cutie marks.

They have to let it happen.

Listen to what the quotes said.

Listen to what the quotes said.

Sorry I made a terrible mistake at the top.

Do the Daft Collision! 

I think it's more of the CMC are cute and all but they are starting to take up too many episodes. They should be a break from the M6 not the M6 being a break from the CMC. I think Hasbro is trying to get younger audiences (possibly) involved and I think it is taking away from the main characters the show was orignally for. It's not that they are annoying by themselves it is just annoying that Hasbro has decided to focus on them and THAT is annoying. I am getting to the point of almost not watching episode cause the CMC is the main story. They are nice and all but I'm tired of them and I don't watch the show, or even like it, for them.

• Brohoof 1

I think it's more of the CMC are cute and all but they are starting to take up too many episodes. They should be a break from the M6 not the M6 being a break from the CMC. I think Hasbro is trying to get younger audiences (possibly) involved and I think it is taking away from the main characters the show was orignally for. It's not that they are annoying by themselves it is just annoying that Hasbro has decided to focus on them and THAT is annoying. I am getting to the point of almost not watching episode cause the CMC is the main story. They are nice and all but I'm tired of them and I don't watch the show, or even like it, for them.

Yeah.

I love the show, but my least favorite episodes are the ones with the CMC.

• Brohoof 2

In my opinion, their gimmick has lost its charm. You can only say "Let's do [x] to earn our cutie marks!" before you start rolling your eyes. They're like the Team Rocket of MLP, except Team Rocket actually had their funny moments every once in a while.

There needs to be more shit like the Babs Seed episode, where there's a fresh, legitimate problem that needs to be solved. Not just them dicking around with the same old song and dance.

Just saiyan.

There's a lot of truth in that actually - and I like the TR comparison.

The best episodes have been the Gabby gums episode and the Babs Seed episode - pure psychological horror and social criticism.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.

Love the CMC.

Reason why I dont find them anoying is because they're kids and doesnt think things through. While the answer is obvious that they should do something they're good at, they dont really understand what a cutie mark represents.

And FYI the latest CMC episodes has not been centered around them getting their cutie marks. It comes up as a ''oh maybe''

in the latest sweetie belle episode, that wasnt at all about her getting her cutie mark

nor the latest apple bloom episode.

flight to the finish wasnt about getting their cutie marks either. Its only mentioned at the end.

The day that they get their cutie marks will be both awesome and a little sad in my opinion.

I remember being in their situation when I was a kid.

Edited by SveciaDash
  • Brohoof 3

g4oGcEx.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_m-Ez3W5h4&index=1&list=FLLNWmj4RL7o54o2Txvsj8Ag

I find the 3 of them very annoying now.

I'm actually sick of them with their predictable episodes.

They need their cutie marks like... now.

The original Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle are much older and have their cutie marks. :okiedokielokie:

Do the Daft Collision!