Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Anti-Virus is Trying to Block the Forums

baltoist
Go to solution Solved by Adorkable,

So, here is your problem.

Theyfenako.com appears to be an address the forums uses for NGINX, which is a kind of reverse proxy server. It's also a load balancer, which can help prevent DDoS attacks on the forums. I suppose it sets off your Anti-virus due to the way this is accomplished. There are no viruses, so don't worry about it.

What you need to do is White List the forums. How this is done depends on which Anti-Virus program you use.

• Brohoof 2

After some research, it appears there's no reasonable or documented way to implement a white list for websites in microsoft security essentials. The only thing I've found is a community mod telling someone to disable live scanning while they browse the troublesome website.

Unfortunately, the only thing I can recommend is disabling it or replacing it with something better; you shouldn't have to disable the entire AV to prevent false positives from showing up.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

After some research, it appears there's no reasonable or documented way to implement a white list for websites in microsoft security essentials. The only thing I've found is a community mod telling someone to disable live scanning while they browse the troublesome website.

Unfortunately, the only thing I can recommend is disabling it or replacing it with something better; you shouldn't have to disable the entire AV to prevent false positives from showing up.

This is true.

Unfortunately, for Microsoft Security, there's no way you can "allow" or "white list" a trusted website.

However, I would recommend never disabling your Anti-Virus for anything, unless you're uninstalling it for a new Anti-Virus program.

If this issue is giving you problems, I would suggest you finding yourself a new Anti-Virus program. ^^"

That's about all I can say! ^^"

Does this help you out or anything, @@baltoist? ^^"

Edited by Adorkable
Added another "Anti-Virus" where needed. ^^
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

well it doesn't seen to block anything anymore so I think it's fine now :)

I'm glad that your issue has been resolved. I will go ahead and lock this topic.

Please PM me if you start encountering this issue again. Thanks!

• Brohoof 1