Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Heartbleed </3

Azura

I was gonna write a pretty long post but I decided not to since not a lot of people like reading a thousand words..

People who read the news, are interested in technology, or just simply use the internet would know that there's a vulnerability exploit that was publicly released on Monday, causing a major headache to almost everyone on the Internet.

Thankfully, this has been patched, but your information might have been stolen and it's really important to keep your accounts safe, whether it be a image-hosting site or your social network account.

It would be wise to check if the website you're about to change your password on has been patched before you do so you don't expose yourself even more by changing your password when the exploit hasn't been patched on your website.

Apparently Paypal and bank websites were not affected as they did not use OpenSSL, so check the websites before you start changing your passwords.

You could use these following sites to check the websites you visit often to see if it's been patched or not.

https://lastpass.com/heartbleed/

http://filippo.io/Heartbleed/

Luckily, our great leader Feld0 patched it on Monday afternoon, which was on the same day when the bug was released to the public.

• Brohoof 1

I went through and changed everything I could think of today, just for safe measure. Especially since my credit card info was stolen from somewhere and they tried buying a bunch of stuff today but my bank stopped it all. Now I get to wait for a new card to show up since my old one is defunct.  >_>

This is kinda late news.

And there isn't really any information yet regarding who needs to change their information yet. 

When I mentioned it to my teachers and my friends, they had no idea what Heartbleed was except one of them, so even if it might be old news to you and I, it's still unknown to a fair amount of people who don't really read the news about the Internet.

I went through and changed everything I could think of today, just for safe measure. Especially since my credit card info was stolen from somewhere and they tried buying a bunch of stuff today but my bank stopped it all. Now I get to wait for a new card to show up since my old one is defunct.  >_>

I'm glad I'm not old enough to have my own credit card, that is until this September. :lol: