Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BronyCAN in Toronto?

King Kurtis

Most of Canada's population lives in Ontario. 2 Million of which live in Toronto so I don't see why a major convention like yourselves don't come to Toronto.

Sure there's the CANterlot convention but it isn't as official and isnt the same...

Yeah but Vancouver sucks. Canada is basically just Ontario and it's whiny brother to the immediate east so I'd love to see a con in Toronto. I've been hoping for a while.

Is there a date for CANterlot anyway?

• Brohoof 2

CANterlot has unfortunately been cancelled for 2014, may return in 2015 depending on whether funding can be raised. There's TROTtawa that may be coming back for a second year, which is attached to G-Anime. Only other confirmed Canadian cons for 2014 I'm aware of are BronyExpo and - naturally - BronyCAN. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

So, the question "why doesn't con X move to city Y".  The answer is pretty simple, the con is run by people, put together by people who have to be near where the con is being held in order to do things like scout out the hotel, find vendors for stuff like theatre equipment rentals and the like.   So there has to be a pretty large contingent of staff in the city the con is being held in, or a few very overworked "masters of everything."  The solution to this problem for those who want a con in their own city is to get organized and put together a con, this will likely mean finding people who have run cons in your area or spending a lot of time on the phone with people from other cons.  It can be done, but it has to be done carefully, because running a con is a very complicated matter with thousands of details that you never knew existed.

As for "Vancouver sucks" it is the 3rd largest metro area in Canada, as well as being in the third largest province.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah but Vancouver sucks. Canada is basically just Ontario and it's whiny brother to the immediate east so I'd love to see a con in Toronto. I've been hoping for a while.

Unfortunately I just learned that they cancelled CANterlot this year -_-

oh I laughed so hard when I read this first bit, only because I managed to escape alberta's clutches barely, it was all thanks to two thankfully reliable guys I messaged on craigslist traveling through calgary to toronto and I hitched a ride for $160 bucks and three days later "Hi Toronto" :lol:  but now that I am northeast of Toronto if there is talk of a bronycon where people can come together that like mlp I so want in :o  so yes please, please, please!!! bring bronyCAN to Toronto atleast once for the people that enjoy mlp and have little to no means of travel because I read about bronycon and I cant get there :okiedokielokie:  somewhat upsetting and kind of bordering sad but I just hope they dont exclude ontario (preferably Toronto) so I could attend one bronyCAN and see what its like to meet people that actually like something that I like and wont overly judge me. (just wanted to voice my opinion sorry)

oh I laughed so hard when I read this first bit, only because I managed to escape alberta's clutches barely, it was all thanks to two thankfully reliable guys I messaged on craigslist traveling through calgary to toronto and I hitched a ride for $160 bucks and three days later "Hi Toronto" :lol:  but now that I am northeast of Toronto if there is talk of a bronycon where people can come together that like mlp I so want in :o  so yes please, please, please!!! bring bronyCAN to Toronto atleast once for the people that enjoy mlp and have little to no means of travel because I read about bronycon and I cant get there :okiedokielokie:  somewhat upsetting and kind of bordering sad but I just hope they dont exclude ontario (preferably Toronto) so I could attend one bronyCAN and see what its like to meet people that actually like something that I like and wont overly judge me. (just wanted to voice my opinion sorry)

There is usually a convention called CANterlot, but unfortunately it was cancelled this year -__-