Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I'm leaving the fandom

undead nightmare

Do what I do: Screw being wanted. Won't make you any less of a part of the fandom so long as you continue to take part in it. If people don't like you then screw them. Do what you do and stick to the people who actually do like your presence.

• Brohoof 5

Wait why are you going, dont leave because there are some idiots who don't want you they can control your life

well it not just some my gf dumped me for being a brony my to bros have benn pickng on me and messing with me my best frind won't talk to me all becaues I'm a brony

You're leaving because you "dont feel wanted"? I'm sorry for telling you this, but that's not kosher.

This isn't real-life, friend. The sh*t doesn't matter as long as you enjoy the content.

Who cares what they think? It's you life, do what makes you happy.

But if you really want to leave this great fandom full of friendly and diverse people, fine.

Don't let the door knob hit you where the good Lord split you.

Edited by Dattebayo

I don't understand what you mean by "not wanted"

Has someone from the fandom hurt you?

If you're comfortable with it, would you like to talk about your problems with us? you're welcome to tell us what's bothering you.

It can help to talk out your problems, and maybe you just need to be shown a little bit of kindness :)

If you really do just want to "leave the fandom" then go right ahead.

well it not just some my gf dumped me for being a brony my to bros have benn pickng on me and messing with me my best frind won't talk to me all becaues I'm a brony

You have two options: Stop giving a crap what they think (and screw anyone who is so shallow as to stop talking to you over something so stupid) and continue on with your life or leave the fandom and conform to their idiotic ideas of what you should and shouldn't be doing with your life.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldnt call them your friends then :(

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that man. Any friend that doesn't talk to you anymore cuz ur a brony just goes to show that they aren't really your friend at all.

Your girlfriend dumped you for being a brony?  That's ridiculous.  I was actually dating a guy almost a year ago, who I had to explain the whole brony thing to, and he still didn't get it, but he at least accepted it.  It's not for everyone, unfortunately.  I'd probably be psyched if I was dating someone and found out they were a closet brony or something, but I've found dating people with little to no mutual interests is hard, and the relationship goes stale fast.  I'm sorry you had to deal with that, as I could maybe see friends being potentially put off, but if you're dating someone, you shouldn't dump them over something so frivolous.  That would be like you dumping her because she liked oranges and you loved apples.

I wouldn't be completely dissuaded and "dump" the fandom, though.  It's something you love, and other people don't have the right or privilege to make you sacrifice the things you love because they're unwilling to accept/understand it.  Perhaps as a minor solution, you could just suppress your power level with your non-brony friends and make a few that are, or at least find meetups/cons in your area, or possibly look around the anime club, if you're at school and if you have one.

And if you have had any bad experiences within the fandom, they're easy to brush off.  I've met so many wonderful people through MLP, and out of all of those, maybe two people have ever left bad tastes in my mouth, but I just move on from it.  I'd rather brush some jerk off because I know I'll met at least ten awesome people in their stead. 

Edited by FoqueMe
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldnt call them your friends then :(

I would because he has been there for me at the time I was in a deep and bad part of my life and my bros me more to than anything they have been there at the times I have had no one

I would because he has been there for me at the time I was in a deep and bad part of my life and my bros me more to than anything they have been there at the times I have had no one

Ok well goodbye then, sorry to lose you

1. Don't give a crap about what others think of you.

2. The only one person who's opinion matters is your own.

If you do end up leaving the fandom, just know that you will find people who care about you no matter what. You have to believe that with all your heart.

...and now they're bullying you.

You dont have to take their sh*t. Take a stand. Lay some ground rules

Be merry

Real friends never turn their back on you though. I used to hate MLP but if my friend liked it, I wouldn't give a damn.

I dont know kid....to me that sounds like friends who really arent or never were your friends, and a girlfriend who was dead weight the whole time

I don't want to be rude or anything, but making a topic announcing your departure seems to be a bit overblown. Then again, you're new, so you probably don't realize that. 

But really, don't dump the fandom for that. These people are the ones in the wrong, not the fandom nor you. 

• Brohoof 1