Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bronies: Cancer of the Internet?

Overdaul

I can deal with much before I break. I break and those that were saying and doing physical stuff to cause me harm end up having the tables turned.

I've already been harrassed for being a brony. Worse by those that I'm supposed to trust, my family. If someone called me a cancer to my face, they would see why they should not mess with me.

I am an ISFJ personality type, but I do not care for being abused verbally or physically. Both of which I had an abundance of throughout my life.

Because I let stuff like this slide I was watched the most so I don't turn into those kids you hear about on TV.

Love and tolerate is something that I try to live by since I became a brony, but since becoming a brony my life got harder.

Tbh, its quite amusing at times to see people on the internet exhaust themselves with their constant insults and child-like logic.

Its just from sheer ignorance that they do it. They take the worst of us bronies and apply the same stereotype to us all, and then other numbskulls not wanting to be left out of the crowd join them. This world would be a much better place if everybody applied some individual thought every now and again

• Brohoof 1

can·cer
/ˈkansər/  noun

noun: cancer
the disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body.
"he's got cancer"
•a malignant growth or tumor resulting from the division of abnormal cells.

plural noun: cancers
"most skin cancers are curable"
synonyms: malignant growth, cancerous growth, tumor, malignancy; More
technicalcarcinoma, sarcoma, melanoma, lymphoma, myeloma
"most skin cancers are curable if detected early"
•a practice or phenomenon perceived to be evil or destructive and hard to contain or eradicate.
"racism is a cancer sweeping across Europe"
synonyms: evil, blight, scourge, poison, canker, plague; More

So we are either a malignant tumor or an evil or destructive phenomenon.

Strange, I've never felt like an evil or destructive phenomenon, and I don't recall ever feeling like a malignant tumor.

My life is a lie.

I don't mean autism.  I mean there's just some really BAD people.  Tons of pedophiles that use this as a way to 'relate' to kids and stuff like that.  And other various creepy things.

Wow. I call BS on that... that's way too obvious for a sex offender (especially a group of them) to fly under the radar, adopting the brony title and openly admitting to pedophilia basically screams for the authorities. Terrible argument.

That and fandom statistics are rigged all the time to improve or tarnish the community's reputation. Furries will post bullshit surveys to show outsiders that not a majority of them are into fursuiting/zoophilia. Because seriously, it's very difficult to conjure accurate information on these sort of things.

I dunno, I personally love being called autistic and being told to go off myself with a pistol in an alleyway somewhere.

A lot of people complain about fanbases giving them a bad name, but I say just tough through it and break the mold, and people won't care about you being a Brony, or a fan of whatever.

I know this is terrible, but folks who tell others that they are mentally ill and should kill themselves over a TV show probably suffers from a mental illness themselves. Tell the haters that, and they'll explode into a childish angry fit that is so hilarious, you will never want to go back to your TV.

Except bronies are a cancer of the internet. Many of us still insist on posting spam on every forum and then refer to anyone who questions us or states that they don't like the show a "hater."

Someone who actively calls us autistic ponyfags is a hater, and honestly, deserves a much harsher label. I never seen a case where one questions the show with civility and a brony lashes out in response.

WTH is wrong with furries?

That question is way too generalized, I don't even know where to begin to tell you.

Calling Bronies something as bad and serious as Cancer is nothing but a cheap shot, from the hater's side.

However, it's just a rude comment. Plenty of them out there, unfortunately.

Just don't pay attention to what the silly fillies say. Just keep smiling and enjoy your day! ^^ (\

Wow. I call BS on that... that's way too obvious for a sex offender (especially a group of them) to fly under the radar, adopting the brony title and openly admitting to pedophilia basically screams for the authorities. Terrible argument.

Like I said before, it's your choice not to believe me.  The fandom isn't all sunshine and rainbows though, I've seen it for myself.

Like I said before, it's your choice not to believe me.  The fandom isn't all sunshine and rainbows though, I've seen it for myself.

No fandom is all sunshine and rainbows.

I know we technically ended our conversation on a high note, but I think it would help if you posted evidence of your claim. Otherwise, I think you're going to find that not a lot of people are going to believe you.

No fandom is all sunshine and rainbows.

I know we technically ended our conversation on a high note, but I think it would help if you posted evidence of your claim. Otherwise, I think you're going to find that not a lot of people are going to believe you.

I know people won't believe me.  No one wants to think their group is anything but good.  I've told you a few times that I can't give you evidence.

I know people won't believe me.  No one wants to think their group is anything but good.  I've told you a few times that I can't give you evidence.

I don't give this group nothing but good. No group is completely pure, and every group is going to have a minor faction that acts up or really is pretty bad. Bronies overall in my opinion are positive, but that doesn't mean every Brony I've ever encountered has been great.

But that's just the thing: when you make a claim that a huge amount of Bronies are active pedophiles who use the show to lure in victims, you absolutely have to have evidence to back that up or you really shouldn't be taken seriously. That's a huge and dangerous claim to make that could have adverse effects on every single Brony, yet you apparently can't retrieve this evidence that proves it.

You can continue to make this claim, but I'd caution against it if you can't prove it at all.

I don't give this group nothing but good. No group is completely pure, and every group is going to have a minor faction that acts up or really is pretty bad. Bronies overall in my opinion are positive, but that doesn't mean every Brony I've ever encountered has been great.

But that's just the thing: when you make a claim that a huge amount of Bronies are active pedophiles who use the show to lure in victims, you absolutely have to have evidence to back that up or you really shouldn't be taken seriously. That's a huge and dangerous claim to make that could have adverse effects on every single Brony, yet you apparently can't retrieve this evidence that proves it.

You can continue to make this claim, but I'd caution against it if you can't prove it at all.

You're welcome to search for the evidence yourself.  I don't have the time or want to search for a year+ old poll that may or may not have been deleted already.

You're welcome to search for the evidence yourself.  I don't have the time or want to search for a year+ old poll that may or may not have been deleted already.

That's a weak way to weasel out of providing evidence. I could walk into a conversation, say that all bad people are men, and then instead of proving it, just tell them all to "look it up".

I don't have the time or want to search for an apparently year old poll that was deleted either, but I won't believe this "fact" you're trying to push nor will anyone else without evidence. You can scream this "fact" from the roof of a church and most people won't buy it without proof.

Sorry, just don't want something like this floating around if there's nothing proving it. It's as simple as that. Hate to have this argument flare up again, but don't come out with a statement that essentially accuses fifty percent or more Bronies of all being pedophiles unless you can prove it.

That's a weak way to weasel out of providing evidence. I could walk into a conversation, say that all bad people are men, and then instead of proving it, just tell them all to "look it up".

I don't have the time or want to search for an apparently year old poll that was deleted either, but I won't believe this "fact" you're trying to push nor will anyone else without evidence. You can scream this "fact" from the roof of a church and most people won't buy it without proof.

Sorry, just don't want something like this floating around if there's nothing proving it. It's as simple as that. Hate to have this argument flare up again, but don't come out with a statement that essentially accuses fifty percent or more Bronies of all being pedophiles unless you can prove it.

I don't know why you're getting so angry.   I don't like being called a liar.  It's not my fault that I don't have a personal internet archive of everything that disgust me.  If you are so adamant about this then YOU look it up.  I'm simply sharing what I myself have witnessed.  I already said twice now that you don't have to believe me, but please don't call me a liar.

I don't know why you're getting so angry.   I don't like being called a liar.  It's not my fault that I don't have a personal internet archive of everything that disgust me.  If you are so adamant about this then YOU look it up.  I'm simply sharing what I myself have witnessed.  I already said twice now that you don't have to believe me, but please don't call me a liar.

I'm not angry at all. I'm not sure what I said to give that indication?

I understand not wanting to carry around something like if it disgusts you, but I'm simply saying what I believe, and that's that evidence is necessary for saying something like that.

I'm not calling you a liar. Not once did I say you lied. I have simply kept saying that you'd have to share evidence to prove this.

(edited)

this is totally true, they must be stopped, what they do is completely outrageous and disgusting. I can't believe their parents raised their children like that.

now that I have voiced my opinion about terrorists I think that the accusation of "cancer of the internet" is highly inaccurate, were more like the plague, but without the dying part and it's a good kind of plague. cancer doesn't spread from person to person.

Edited by Sky Cutter

I try not to let it offend me too badly. I've had family members who have passed away from cancer, but I don't let it affect me. I also have family members with diabetes yet people joke about that all the time. I brush it off. Same with the autism thing, but I just let it slide.

People like to make dark jokes, it helps cope with reality. I'd rather people make these tasteless jokes than restrict what people can say just because we know someone with a certain ailment that they're joking about. Of course, I'd like it if they stopped calling entire groups of people, like Bronies, autistic or cancerous, but hey, baby steps!

While I myself have kind of a dark humor, I do not think real cancer, autism, the actual Holocaust, and/or 9-11 is actually funny. Is that hypocritical? I hate hypocrisy, so I just wanna know.

While I myself have kind of a dark humor, I do not think real cancer, autism, the actual Holocaust, and/or 9-11 is actually funny. Is that hypocritical? I hate hypocrisy, so I just wanna know.

That's not hypocritical at all.

The point I was trying to make is that no one actually likes any of these horrible things, but they joke about it because it makes the sting of reality dull a little.

Heck, my great grandmother joked about her cancer all the time before she passed to make it easier on us and herself.

(edited)

@Rainblow Hash

@ScumCandy

You two have been going at it for quite a while lol! I have gone back 2 or 3 pages, and I STILL don't know what you're arguing about. From what uses so far, SC has said they have seen something that RH finds very unlikely. If I go back too much, my iPod will lag, so don't get mad at me for not going back to read the whole conversation. (If you were going to that is)

That's not hypocritical at all.

The point I was trying to make is that no one actually likes any of these horrible things, but they joke about it because it makes the sting of reality dull a little.

Heck, my great grandmother joked about her cancer all the time before she passed to make it easier on us and herself.

Ok, thanks! That makes me feel a lot better! I REALLY hate hypocrites! Edited by Shenron00

@Rainbow Hash

@ScumCandy

You two have been going at it for quite a while lol! I have gone back 2 or 3 pages, and I STILL don't know what you're arguing about. From what uses so far, SC has said they have seen something that RH finds very unlikely. If I go back too much, my iPod will lag, so don't get mad at me for not going back to read the whole conversation. (If you were going to that is)

ScumCandy said there was a poll on some Brony website where a large amount of Bronies admitted that they were pedophiles, and I didn't believe it. That about sums up the argument.

Ok, thanks! That makes me feel a lot better! I REALLY hate hypocrites!

No problem at all.

• Brohoof 1

Oh I respect that, totally I do.

Through personal experience I learned furries are nothing like they want everyone to believe.

ScumCandy said there was a poll on some Brony website where a large amount of Bronies admitted that they were pedophiles, and I didn't believe it. That about sums up the argument.

He may have read or remembered that wrong, or stumbled into the very wrong place....

A majority of bronies are teenagers and the 'worst' they ever done was stare at nude pics of anthro ponies... still, that's a relatively small amount of people who do such.

He may have read or remembered that wrong, or stumbled into the very wrong place....

A majority of bronies are teenagers and the 'worst' they ever done was stare at nude pics of anthro ponies... still, that's a relatively small amount of people who do such.

Not a bad theory, but I'd rather not continue the argument. Scum thought I was getting mad at him, but I honestly was just pointing out that next time he oughta have evidence on hand before accusing a large portion of the fanbase of that kind of behavior.

Not a bad theory, but I'd rather not continue the argument. Scum thought I was getting mad at him, but I honestly was just pointing out that next time he oughta have evidence on hand before accusing a large portion of the fanbase of that kind of behavior.

It's just I never seen anything like that before... not even on clop sites.