Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning The First Era of Equestria-Flames of Balance [Need help in planning]

IridscentNionios

WARNING:This is the first RP i planned ever in these forums.

This RP idea was originally suppossed to be the pre-quel or pre-history to my Fanfic (link in the signature) which as you can see is still being written and very fluid in it's own advancement.

Flutterponies:The g3 version of the race of ponies with glimmering wings. Yes... i'm gonna use it so prepare for it. Imma use my own headcanon for this.

There is one gene in the Flutterponies particular that is rather "tricky" baffling many scientists who study it. It is called "The Protean Gene" and it has three possible forms it can take. During a Flutterpony's life it will adapt, change, depending on the situation it is put in. Each position it takes on the genetic code allows the Flutterpony to excel at different sectors: Strength, Dexterity, Magic. Depending on that they develop during their lives either a horn, wings (of any kind wether you choose feathers, batwings, dragon-style I don't really care), or naturally stronger bones. Added to that an unique characteristic is given to the Flutterpony by it. Muscular structure, thicker skin/natural armor, affinity with healing and countless others possibilities. They have much in common with normal ponies, but they are not a mix of races.

Story...

5000 Years ago...

The Creator (whether you like this to be blank or you want me to put Fausticorn in here is debatable) swept by Equestria... a different Equestria filled with the darkness named in one word "Void". While the fight of the creator against this evil was successfull, the evil could not be permanently annihilated. It retreated below Equestria, in a large network of continental-sized caverns otherwise known as...

Tartarus...

The Creator had other worlds to save... many others needed help, but the work on Equestria was not done, and even the mightiest of creatures cannot function alone. Luckily there was still some good in Equestria, the races saved during the Creator's fight wanted to help and so... they were granted the chance.

So it was that two sets of guardians were created. The guardians of the surface... the Alicorn Princesses of the Sun and the Moon carried the responsibility of repelling Extra-Equestrian invaders and protecting Equestria from evil emerging out of other worlds. They would have the aid of the three pony races... the pegasi, the unicorns, the earth ponies. They were gifted with the "Elements of Harmony":Loyalty, Kindness, Generosity, Honesty, Laughter symbols of unity, and in great emergencies weapons capable of pacifying even the greatest of enemies.

While they would be on the surface the race of the Flutterponies, the most versatile and mutable race on Equestria would be keeping the forces of Darkness at bay pushing them further in Tartarus until the point of extinction... The Flutterponies were led by King Proteus an Alicorn that could take the form of every material imaginable. Standing by his side was another Alicorness... Queen Metis the "Mare of Transformation" the first of the pony races to master the art of shapeshifting. They in turn were given...

The Flames of Balance...

Truth... universal, un-biased, purifier of lies.
Trust... un-shakeable, everlasting, protector of the weak.
Courage... persistent, uplifting, guardian of spirits.
Selflessness... the "richest" on the inside, the watchfull eye, willingly sacrificing one's self for another.
Compassion... sharing another's pain, healing body and soul, bringer of rebirth.
And last but not least...

Hope... the illusion of ignoring all probabilities, the dream for the best, the shining star in the dark.

It is now that you the roleplayers are born. It is preferable that you fill an application before you decide to apply for the position of the element.

Application form
Name:

Appearance:

Type of Flutterpony:Magic,Strength, Agility

Flame of Balance position:

Secondary note:I would like two of each kind

Special Trait/Talent/Cutie Mark/Flame:(A choose your element section, why your character appreciates that value which the flame represents and how did he come to grow up and appreciate it.) THIS PART MIGHT BE RP-ED!!!

Flaws:Things your character is weak at, mentally of physically or w/e.

Story:(NO 5liners will be accepted)
Amongst whatever you will say happened to your OC you must certainly mention Family/Lineage:Alive members of your family, their position in society, their proffessions and stuff.

Other:Secondary stuff like aspirations, quirckyness, ticks or w/e

Rules

1)No overpowered OCs!!! Be versatile... but not OP.
I will definately be putting challanges that require both mental and physical challanges for you to overcome... BE CREATIVE!!!

2)No Mary Sues/Gary Sues
Just because your OC is a Flame it doesn't mean he/she doesn't have flaws! You should make them apparent... but not too much.

3)No getting the story off track/i have the final say in here. Still i am gonna be open to ideas.

4)Romance is allowed... no r34/NSFW stuff

5)No 5 liners OCs/short OCs.

6)Alicorns (the King and Queen) will be present in this RP but will be kept to a minimum, and most probably handled by me as NPCs...  to give missions to the others, to be leadership figures e.t.c.

7)Try to have an at least decent grammar, there are spellcheckers online. So long as your post is understandable i will bear with it. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to improve.

Available positions:
Flame of Hope:

Flame of Courage:

Flame of Compassion:

Flame of Selflessness:

Flame of Trust:

Flame of Truth:

RP Story:
I have decided that the RP will be divided in "Episodes" format... like you know... pilot episode where you get to know the world, then sub-episodes with events and stuff. You will all be living in a shall we say... "Tartarian Ponyville"?

Past the evil in the dark you will be facing everyday difficulties. The whole race of the Flutterponies needs to be united and move togother. You will meet others that lived in these areas, other kinds of creatures (many of which might be inspired from the DnD universe). You must also help your city, protect others against danger, keep your friend's spirits up, everything a normal society in war needs(or would need... w/e). You will not be able to contact the surface for help... and you wouldn't do that...

So what do you guys think? Also... as a last note i don't intend this RP of having the "Ideal Ending" or the "They lived happilly ever-after ending." However if this all goes well... i intend to have a sequel.

I will definately be needing a co-ordinator in all of this... so if you intend to offer yourself be ready for some headcanon spamming.

Edited by nioniosbbbb

I really like this idea, it's well thought out, are you accepting people to join, or do you just need help planning? I'm available for both lol ^_^ I do love coordinating.

Edited by Frosty V

@@Frosty V, @, Both ideas are open... the baddies are actually gonna be... somewhat devious. I'll just quote some of my favorite "Hope may exist, but it won't come to save you in the end." "It's easy to break someone's heart. First give it "hope" and then destroy it." http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Lores:Star-vader,_Chaos_Breaker_Dragon Or my personal favorite... the one that i don't remember where i got it from... "Wriggle! Struggle to get free! At the bottomless pit of despair don't even THINK you can be saved."

ORIGINAL POST UPDATED!!! CHECK CHANGES!!!

I have decided that the RP will be divided in "Episodes" format... like you know... pilot episode where you get to know the world, then sub-episodes with events and stuff. @, @@Frosty V, Also if you could call your friends here then that would be nice.

Edited by nioniosbbbb