Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are the dragons in MLP 100% flame proof? (PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION FIRST)

Reiki Knight 13

A question for discussion about the dragons in the MLP show and it is a simple yet complex question.

Are they flame proof?

Now, let me explain the details of the question before I get laughed here. Without question they are immune to NATURAL fire but would something chemical made cause a burning reaction to them such as napalm or some other type of man made fire or do you think they would be immune to that as well?

In other words are they immune to UNNATURAL fire sources?

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Star heart 777 said:

A question for discussion about the dragons in the MLP show and it is a simple yet complex question.

Are they flame proof?

Now, let me explain the details of the question before I get laughed here. Without question they are immune to NATURAL fire but would something chemical made cause a burning reaction to them such as napalm or some other type of man made fire or do you think they would be immune to that as well?

In other words are they immune to UNNATURAL fire sources?

What you mentioned are all natural fire sources....:double-shock:

Whats unnatural are magic based fire.

So you're right and wrong..

Napalms wont damage them. But maybe the chemicals that hasn't burn yet might irritate their skin?

Plus they take baths in lava.

Fire is plasma though... So is lightning and lasers .... So those can definitely yeet a dragon. Which i might categories as unnatural fire 

Well, magic fire Im sure they'd be immune to because they literally breath magic fire (unless it was something very specific in designed  to burn ALL things. E.G. Naruto's amaterasu black fire,  yu yu hakusho's dragon of the darkness flame etc)

Since they can survive swimming in lava(and getting it in their mouth) I'd assume they're almost entirely heat and fire proof. If Celestia launched one into the sun I'm sure they'd die but there's probably no fire on earth that will kill them.

I've wondered before if they're silicon based lifeforms since they can swim in lava and eat gems. But they do eat carbon based food too.

6 hours ago, StrawberryMilk Simp said:

What you mentioned are all natural fire sources....:double-shock:

Whats unnatural are magic based fire.

So you're right and wrong..

Napalms wont damage them. But maybe the chemicals that hasn't burn yet might irritate their skin?

Plus they take baths in lava.

Fire is plasma though... So is lightning and lasers .... So those can definitely yeet a dragon. Which i might categories as unnatural fire 

Pretty sure something like napalm doesn't happen by chance or occur naturally.

4 hours ago, Fluttershutter said:

Since they can survive swimming in lava(and getting it in their mouth) I'd assume they're almost entirely heat and fire proof. If Celestia launched one into the sun I'm sure they'd die but there's probably no fire on earth that will kill them.

I've wondered before if they're silicon based lifeforms since they can swim in lava and eat gems. But they do eat carbon based food too.

So you don't think a reaction would be possible to something man made would be possible then?

Fire itself is simple enough to understand how they would be immune to it. 

But, when you start messing around with things chemical wise you get to a point where you're not really creating fire but something that is "like" fire.

That's kind of what I am trying to ask and get at here in my post is asking if anyone thinks the subtle difference would make it so they would be affected or not.

Like yes I understand fire is still fire but they are not 100% the same is my point if that makes sense.

1 hour ago, Star heart 777 said:

Pretty sure something like napalm doesn't happen by chance or occur naturally

Swamps. And exploding lakes. The og napalm and more powerful version. 

1 hour ago, Star heart 777 said:

But, when you start messing around with things chemical wise you get to a point where you're not really creating fire but something that is "like" fire.

......there is no such thing as "like" fire.

There are intensities. Hence they change color.... Fire is fire....even if you say if its casted by magic fire is still fire though ...plus all fires are born in chemical reaction ..... Theres a fire triangle.... Which is outdated. There are 4 things which will cause fire.

Fuel air heat and chemical reaction. If one is missing no fire....

So what you say about chemical fire... Yes there is.... But fire without chemical reaction or none chemical base?....i dont think there is such a thing.

Wood? It burns because of the chemicals in it. Etc.

It's not exactly the same but I can see you're not understanding so I will try to put this another way.

You're just looking at the end results of things but not the bigger picture.

Think of nature as an equation: a+B + C-H ... Etc.

Everything down the smallest detail is part of that equation.

ANY changes even small ones do change the way things work.

True, You and I likely wouldn't ever notice such things and to us you know fire is fire as we can't see these changes.

In other words, how each works is a little different from the other one.

That's what I'm trying to get at is we don't really know what differences that would make for the dragon's immunity to fire as it might not be the fire but something else in the fire or heat that they are immune to in one way but not be if it is made another way.

It could very well be that they are technically being burned but that it happens at a rate so slow it would take them sitting in lava for 1000+ years before it could burn through them.

It could even be that it is just literal magic and their bodies have no true protection against fire meaning if a dragon was drained of all their magic they would no longer be immune to fire.

9 hours ago, Star heart 777 said:

So you don't think a reaction would be possible to something man made would be possible then?

Fire itself is simple enough to understand how they would be immune to it. 

That's kind of what I am trying to ask and get at here in my post is asking if anyone thinks the subtle difference would make it so they would be affected or not.

Like yes I understand fire is still fire but they are not 100% the same is my point if that makes sense.

I'm sure nuclear weapons could kill them too but nothing like napalm if lava doesn't.

If I had to hazard a guess??? I'd say 89: flame proof. Because don't they live in a hot climate??? 

Besides, living next to lava/ magma doesn't make or mean you are immune. Mostly tolerate for sure but even molten magma or lava I'm sure would cause them injury since they aren't made of said stuff themselves.

On 2023-08-18 at 5:55 AM, Star heart 777 said:

Probably should have just had this as a poll...

Probably should have lol

Edited by GodlyWolf82