Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First time vectoring ponies....

Key Gear

I'm so nervous... I have never posted any art online before... :o

I don't know what to say about this. I woke up today and decided that I really wanted a vector of Scotaloo wearing shades and grinning. I couldn't find one, so I made it myself.

This is what happened:

post-1882-0-11652100-1332131126_thumb.png

• Brohoof 7

Nice, rocking the RD shades make gives her Radicalness! She may finally be able to be Rainbow's pet!

Rainbows pet chicken! :D

Lol scoot looks awesome with the shades. Nice vector. :)

Excellent for a first time! If I didn't know any better, you've been doing this for ages. Your lines indicate the smoothness of experience, though still have some slight imperfections. Most of them appear to be in the mane/tail. The curves at the end are a bit abrupt and sharp. But you have a skill for hooves. Oh and the shades are probably the most excellent part of the piece.

I sure do hope you post more of your work in the future.

• Brohoof 1

Excellent for a first time! If I didn't know any better, you've been doing this for ages. Your lines indicate the smoothness of experience, though still have some slight imperfections. Most of them appear to be in the mane/tail. The curves at the end are a bit abrupt and sharp. But you have a skill for hooves. Oh and the shades are probably the most excellent part of the piece.

Well, according to his about page (which I have read a few times for some reason) he has been doing vectoring for a while, just never ponies up until now.

I used to spend a lot of time drawing, but that was a very, very long time ago. I'm still pretty handy with a vector graphics editor though, but I never have the time to put anything together. Maybe, one day, I'll make some pony art.

• Brohoof 1

Excellent for a first time! If I didn't know any better, you've been doing this for ages.

Thank you! That means a lot coming from the person with one of the most awesome pony avatars on the Internet!

Flare is right though, I have been vectoring for a while. I really wasn't very happy with anything that I ever made though, so I stopped making anything except business logos.

Then for some strange reason... Over the past few days... I had had the strangest urge to draw a Scootaloo. Then it became an obsession when I couldn't find a good scootaloo pic with shades.

My first three attempts were so very bad though, I would have probably been banned from this site for posting them. :blush:

Your lines indicate the smoothness of experience, though still have some slight imperfections. Most of them appear to be in the mane/tail. The curves at the end are a bit abrupt and sharp.

You have a frightening eye for details! I struggled with those curves. I will probably have nightmares of working on them for so many hours. When I finally had something halfway decent, I ran with it just in case they suddenly disappeared or something.

But you have a skill for hooves. Oh and the shades are probably the most excellent part of the piece.

Thank you! The hooves were fun. I used to do some Yoshi vectors and the curves reminded me of Yoshi's shoes in a way.

I can't take credit for the colors though. My sister helped me with those. She is a much better artist than me by far. I have been trying to get her to join the forum and share her work, but she is mega-shy.

I do too... I hope I could do something like this again. :o

I feel like I really lucked out with this one. My first versions were all so completely strange looking. I wasn't even sure if this finished product was good or not.

Thank you everyone for your compliments, I really am humbled. :blush:

I hope that if I can practice, then I can get better and more consistent as time goes along. Thank you Arylett for your critique!

Now I can only wonder why I have become Scootaloo-obsessed... Oh well... I'm just going to go with it.

Well, according to his about page (which I have read a few times for some reason) he has been doing vectoring for a while, just never ponies up until now.

I used to spend a lot of time drawing, but that was a very, very long time ago. I'm still pretty handy with a vector graphics editor though, but I never have the time to put anything together. Maybe, one day, I'll make some pony art.

Wait... Flare? You actually read my about page??? The whole thing? More than once?

That monster was over 800 words long! :o

I actually decided to chop it way down because I thought that it may be weird to have so many words just for one about page.

Now that I find out that you actually read it... I wish that I had saved a copy.... Well.. Thank you for reading it! :)