Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Journey to the Higher Plane

Jack Baker

(edited)

Everlast rolled his eyes, but as she turned right, he went left. So, while ponies could be dying, she is worried about objects. Whatever. I don't have time to worry about a troublesome pegasus. The tunnel eventually opened up into a wider room. "Princess?" He shouted, "Are you here?"

Who IS down here? Everlast sighed. Never split the party, and here we are with who knows how many splinter groups. "PRINCESS!" The princess must be the one I saw dragged down, The pegasus must have come after me... "If you are not a diamond dog, I would appreciate it if you spoke up!" Three. Three are guaranteed lost down here. He reached for his books only to remember they were gone. One of the reasons he was underground. He slowly crept through the room, searching for anypony while staying wary of more diamond dogs. 

Edited by purple.teal

@@purple.teal, @,

Her ears suddenly perked up then as a familiar two voices echoed into the tunnels. "They are here!" She whinnied, "oh thank Luna!!!" She took another big breath after getting up from shaking of her entrapment. "EVERLAST?? THAT YOU???!!! I'M HERE I'M HERE! HERE!" She pulled on her chain, bucking at the ground trying to get closer to the door, repeatly shrieking his name and that she was there.

"Hey!" Suddenly the diamond dog that prisoned her there, came snarling back towards her cage, carrying her saddle bags, cloak and sleeping bag, "Be quiet Floopy Ears! You're making our ears ach with all that echoing!"

"MY NAME IS LIGHTNING BLISS!" She snorted and pawed the ground like a bull, "LET ME OUT RIGHT NOW! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO KEEP ME HERE!"

"*Snarls* I said be quiet! Bad Floppy Ears! Yous making me ears ach! I was going to lets you sleep from yous booboo head...but you's being naughty... Mayhaps you anxious to get on with pullings me wagon?"

She snorted and pulled on her chain more, making her head throb again and double back into vision, "I'm not a stagecoach pony...I'm pulling...NO wagon..." In reaction to instinctual rage, her horn began to glow omniously. She was thinking so hard about bursting the cage door open and flinging it at her captor and escape...but as her horn began to glow more and more, her vision doubled back making her sick to her stomach. She hadn't fully recooperated from the rock thrown at her head previously as she topped over onto her side.

"Floppy Ears sick?" The dog smiled knowing he had a clear advantage over the winged unicorn pony, "nothing a little hard work can't cure!" He opened the door and unhooked the chain from the ground and yanked her hard to her feet despite her double vision, "let's go Floppy Ears! Yous wagon awaits to be pulled!"

"NO!" She pulled instinctively fighting back, "EVERLAST! EVERLAST!!! HURRICANE!!!" Her vision hurt, her head throbbed painfully make her buckle down on her haunches. Not doing more then digging her hooves into the ground, she continued to shriek her friends names, praying they'd reach her in time before the dog moved her to another location in the mines.

"Stop that shrieking! Bad pony!" He snarled at her and pulled hard on her chain, "pleaws stop! Bad bad bad!" He gripped his ears trying to cut out the echo of the mines.

"EVERLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSST!"

@@Lightning Bliss, Clover had lost her bearings somewhat, but the shrieks from Lightning Bliss directed her right. She galloped into a cave where a diamond dog was pulling at a chain which was around the neck of her friend. Clover was enraged by the sight; she couldn't allow one of her friends to be treated this way.

"How DARE you! Leave my friend alone!" Clover yelled at the diamond dog. Her mane stood on end as her horn began to glow green with power. Even at the height of her rage, Clover knew that she didn't wish to kill. However, she wanted this creature to suffer as he'd made her friend suffer. The glow intensified til a blast of green shot out from Clover's horn, enveloping both Lightning Bliss and the diamond dog in a bright green light.

When the light faded, the diamond dog was chained, with the end of the chain fixed to the wall. And Lightning Bliss was free.

@@Pripyat Pony,

She didn't hear Clover come to her rescue till a bright green light envoloped her and her captor in a brillant display of magic. She shut her eyes to shield herself from the light knowing she'd pass out seeing its intensity. By the time she was able to look again, the chaffing of her chain was gone...and her captor was snoarling and howling, being chained to the wall by the very lock that held her.

"Clover??!!!" Bliss's double vision came back in full force, throwing her off balance... "Since...since when do you know how to double clone yourself?" She tried to approach the two shaped alicorns only to topple over again, her head now bleeding where the rock had smacked her. "Everlast...Hurricane, both down here," she kicked her legs against the dirt, trying to get up.

"*HOWLS* THAT'S MY PONY!" shrieked the dimaond dog as he snapped and yelped at the end of his chain.

@@Lightning Bliss, "No," Clover said. "Not yours." Then she smacked the dog between the eyes to knock him out.

"We'd better go find them, in that case," Clover said to Lightning. "Then we had better get out of here. I don't like places like this, they give us the creeps. We'll go find Everlast first; if Hurricane doesn't want to co-operate, then we'll leave her here to find her own way back."

Everlast heard the sound of struggle very close, and when he saw flashes magic, he dashed in that direction through one last tunnel to see two alicorns, One he couldn't name and Bliss. Bliss was on the ground bleeding and The other was standing over her.

@@Lightning Bliss, @@Pripyat Pony.

"Did I miss another party? Shoot I'm always late." He walked over to stand next to Bliss and using a stream of his magic, healed her wounded head. He felt a little dizzy and felt blood running down his own face as he suffered the wound. Maybe, that wasn't such a good idea. Now she is still down and I will soon be as well. He smiled when he saw the Diamond dog that was chained in blissy's cell.

He put him self against the bars, and began a second transfer of life, this time, taking the wound from himself, and giving it to the prisoner. He laughed heartily as he felt his head become whole again. "Never before has doing that been as satisfying as now." He said as he watched the diamond dog deal with the tables being ungracefully turned against him.

Hurricane stared up at her much larger opponent. She knew that she wasn't going to win this battle by strength, so she used a different tactic. She knew these diamond dogs weren't the sharpest tool the shed. "Tell ya what," Hurricane started. "I'll make you a deal." After she said that, the dog tilted his head in curiosity.

"Deal, what deal?" he asked.

"Let me go and i'll tell you."

"If pony promise not to run."

"I promise." Hurricane stated.

The diamond dog got off of her and Hurricane stood up again. It took all of her strength not to look injured even though, she knew something was broken. "You and I both want something." She started. "I want those bags you got there, and you-"

"Me want gems!" the beast interrupted enthusiastically. "Pony give me gems!"

"Hold on, you'll get your gems." Hurricane gave a sly smile. "I promise. just hand over the bags." The larger ones are always dumber. she thought. The dog grabbed his bag of his back and held it tightly.

"Give gems first!" he commanded.

"Ok, here you GO!" Hurricane said as she kicked some of the gems off the wall to hit the dog in the face. As he yowled in pain, Hurricane lunged at him and grabbed the saddle bag. She tried to fly, but her wings were hurt too badly.

The dog growled loudly. "Black pony cheat!" he yelled as he started running at her. Hurricane looked behind her and giggled a little bit. She loved the adrenaline of the chase. "Can't get me dog breath!" she taunted him. As she looked back in front of her, she spotted an opening leading to a large room. Hurricane ran inside only to see Clover, Lightning Bliss, and Everlast. "Hey guys." she panted. Just then, the large diamond bounded in.

(edited)

@, @@Pripyat Pony, @@purple.teal,

Bliss was about to answer back when she spotted the larger dog running right at her from where she came from. Now that her head felt better thanks to Everlast, she was now full of annoyance and rage, and in an instant the dog got closer to them all...she did an abrupt about-face.

"I've had enough of these dogs!" She whinnied and firmly, kicked her back legs in a direct hit to the dog's chin, his sped of running at them only giving more force into her legs as she kicked him backward, straight against the wall. He howled loudly in pain as he slumped to the ground and struggled to get up, only to have a super jumbo gem, fall out of the ceiling and land on his head. She giggled as the cyrsal split in two, him making a funny face, before finally passing out.

She then turned and respectfully nodded to Hurricane, seeing she had retrieved Raze's books and notes in his bags, then turned to Everlast and Clover. "You two are my heros of the day! Might want to get used to it," she blushed a little forgetting the fact she just took down a large dog, "I get into trouble alot it seems. Thanks you two!" She hugged Clover and Everlast gratefully, feeling in fit shape to be able to make a teleport for herself out of there since her head was healed.

"I can teleport one pony out of the tunnels, after that my magic is useless. Do one of you want to go on ahead while the rest of us walk out?"

Edited by Lightning Bliss

(edited)

@@Lightning Bliss,@@purple.teal,@@Pripyat Pony,

Hurricane saw Lightning's strong kick. "Show off." she muttered under her breath as she put the saddle bags on her back. Then she heard Lightning Bliss's offer of teleporting a pony. Hurricane thought for a second. Soon, her adrenaline would run out, and the pain in her side would get much, much worse. "I'll go ahead." Hurricane volunteered. She knew if she walked out, she wouldn't be able to make it very far with the pain growing stronger and she really didn't want ponies knowing she was hurt.

Edited by Vitani

(((Damn, missed all the action. :/ guess I'll just hop right in)))

"I have enough energy to teleport someone. That's if they want to go. If not I'll just go myself", although Blaze might've not been as active as the others in the battle against the Diamond Dogs, that only meant he had more energy to continue moving. The only injury he had managed to receive was from a Diamond Dog attempting to knock Blaze out with a large rock, though it hurt, a lot, the blow wasn't fatal and left nothing short of a splitting headache.

(edited)

@,

Bliss nodded to Hurricane, noticing her lack of energy oddly, but wasn't about to question her, not even giving her a fair reply against her 'show off' remark.

"Alright Hurricane," she turned to the pegasus and pointed down her horn, "might feel a tickle..." She concentrated her teleportation, focusing it on Hurricane only, and pictured the world above the mines where Raze and Blaze as well as the others were... The rainbow aura formed around her horn, then completely formed around Hurricane...till in a spectacle of rainbow magic, teleported her out of the mines, and back up at the surface.

She stubbled back as the spell was completed, rubbing her horn and shaking away the dizziness... once again feeling a bit drained.

@@Pripyat Pony, @@purple.teal,

She sighed heavily though...feeling like a loss cause in regards to Hurricane. At this point in time, not since their fight, she had been nothing but quiet and respectful to the pegasus...yet all she got in return was spite. She didn't know if she'd ever be able to keep putting up with it. Show off? She asked herself, a normal unicorn could do more teleports then I could...I can only do one at a time. She shrugged and looked to Clover and Everlast. "Well...guess we should get going," she nodded and followed a nearby tunnel, using her nose to sniff their way out.

@@Lightning Bliss, @@Pripyat Pony

Everlast recieved the princess's hug with a stoic face, but was quite happy with himself on the inside. I have saved the life of an Alicorn princess. Not many can say that. As he watched the pegasus get teleported and the two Alicorns begin to leave, he hung back a bit. "I still have to grab... Nevermind, It doesn't matter."

My own gear is still down here. My books and some of starswirl's own works. I hate to see them fall here, torn up because the diamond dogs can't understand worth of anything that doesn't sparkle. But there is no efficient way to get it. If I go alone, I run a Very high risk of not making it out. Yet, If I ask them to help me look, I put them in danger as well. Either way, I force everyone to wait for me. 

Everlast sighed, hung his head, and trudged behind the others.

After Hurricane was teleported to the surface, she immediately collapsed to the ground. The pain from the impact earlier finally caught up to her. She winced as she hit the ground trying so hard not to let her extreme pain show. As she lied there, she looked around for anymore diamond dogs. She didn't see any at that moment so she opened her wing to get her collar back. Luckily, it was still there. Onyx was one of the very few gems diamond dogs had a hard time smelling. She put it back around her neck and took a second to relax. She hoped the dogs would just leave the group alone now.

@@Lightning Bliss, @@purple.teal, As Clover turned to leave, she remembered the bags that the dogs had stolen from her. Plus, there were in all likelihood other bags belonging to the group. Clover was thinking in practical terms; the supplies that they had, they needed in order to get thru the Everfree, and it would be dangerous to forage in the forest.

"Wait a moment," she said. "I'm going to teleport everything that belongs to the group to the surface. We need those supplies or we're sunk. I have a spell for this; may seem crazy, but a unicorn commissioned such a spell from me. He was always forgetting his lunch so needed a spell to transport items from one place to another. A unicorn couldn't adapt the spell to include lots of items, but an alicorn can. Just wait a moment, and then we'll go."

Clover's horn glowed green once again and she concentrated, visualising the items that had been stolen from the group, and then visualising the spot on the surface where the others waited. It took a few minutes, but eventually, she had transported everything up top, including Raze's bags cuz she didn't think that everypony here was up to dragging bags back up the tunnel.

"OK, think that's everything," she said to the others, brightly. "Let's go! If there's any other dogs about... well, they had better hope they don't meet me."

@@Pripyat Pony,

Bliss smiled as her bags and cape were instantly brought back to her and quickly proceeded with tying down her saddle and sleeping bags, then aburptly threw on her cape and hood. She still remembered the remarks from the dogs about her large ears and tail, and felt the need to cover herself up again as she followed Everlast and Clover up to the surface.

The daylight periced her eyes forcing her to look away for a few moments, before finally getting used to it. She took in a breath full of fresh air, and sat down to clean her wings from the dirt and grim. If it's one thing her father taught her as a pegasus, it was to always keep her wings clean. You never know when you'll need to fly...Keep them clean or be grounded, she remembered his words clearly. She started with her primary feathers, stroking her mouth gently along the feathers, and spitting the dirt out when she got enough on her tongue. It was a yucky chore, but she knew she'd feel better when it was done. "PLEW!" She spat out, "didn't realize how dirty I'd get down there."

Hurricane noticed Raze's bags teleported with all the others. "Great," she sighed. "All that for nothing." she rested her head on the ground and closed her eyes for a second. Then she saw the rest of the group exit the tunnel. She quickly tried to stand up, but struggled tremendously. The pain was terrible, but she eventually got up. "What took you so long?" she said with a smirk. "Gem shopping?"

@

Everlast walked out of the cave and the light blinded him for a bit. Once he could see again, he walked toward the pile of bags teleported back to the surface. He passed by the pegasus who tried so hard to hide her pain but wasclearly wounded. "It looks like you could use a little mending there. That's just my observation though, If I'm wrong, I'll leave it at that. If I'm right, and you need help sometime, let me know." This was all spoken without stopping on his way to the recovered equipment.

Sure enough, his own gear was in there. Praise sunbutt. He picked up his own gear and put his pack back on. Well, this adventure has been quite fun so far. Luckly no one was lost. Right? He turned back to the group to asses the situation.

"Dont waste your breathe Everlast, Hurricane is not one to except help." Blaze walked behind the group and checked to see if there was any other wound he hadn't seen in the dark cave. Nothing that stood out too much, just minor scratches and bruises. Blaze sat down on the grass and awaited for the others to catch their breathe and take a second to rest.

(edited)

@@purple.teal, @@Lightning Bliss, @, @@Pripyat Pony,

After Blaze's remark, Hurricane turned to him and gave him a small smile. At least somepony was starting to get her. Then she turned to Everlast. "Blaze is right." she said. "I can take care of myself just fine. I'm just a little scuffed up from the tunnels. But I mean, who isn't?" Hurricane honestly didn't know how long she would be able to go on without help. She didn't even know if could keep up with the group. "So, what now?" she asked nopony in particular.

Edited by Vitani

@, @, @@purple.teal, @@Pripyat Pony,

Though it was obvious to Bliss, that Hurricane was in a great deal of distress, she seemed persistent in not asking for help. Since the pegasus brat was so rude to her anyway, she wasn't up for showing mercy or compassion for her. She would reject it anyway if I tried...she snorted to herself and stood up. She rechecked her wings and pulled her hood firmly over her head, as well as securing her saddle bags.

"Well I don't know about the rest of you," she said so honestly, "but I'd rather not stick around this place should the dogs decide to go for another round of rodeo round up with us ponies... One of them tried to make me his... "Floppy Ears" pet... And I don't care to go through that again. Soon as Raze knows where we're going, I'm gonna pick up my pace... No offense ya'll..."

"I'm with Lightning Bliss, there are surely more of those dogs, and I'd rather not be here when they decide to regroup and rush us while we're tired." Blaze pulled out his sword casually and laid it in the ground to wipe it down, but this time there was something that wasn't usually there when he usually took it out. He put his hoof on a small scratch that was on the hilt of his blade. *CRACK* Blaze pulled his hoof back to examine what had happened, a large crackling sound had rung out after he connected his hoof to the scratch. "What the hell." His hoof had a small indent on it, that resembling of a lightning bolt, he had no idea what happened, but he was sure it was nothing.

(edited)

@,

Hurricane's ears perked up at the sound of the crack. She turned to Blaze, "You do know that swords normally don't make that sound right?" she asked him. She tried to see his sword from where she was at. She really didn't want to walk at that moment. All she could see was the little scratch. She figured that if it was really a problem, he would say something. "Anyway, I agree we keep moving." she said turning toward the group. She braced herself and took a little step, but the pain in her side wouldn't let her walk any further. Then she had an idea that was immediately shot down when she opened her wings and the one on the hurt side was definitely bent out of shape. "Great." she said under her breath. She pulled her wings back in and still tried to come up with an idea.

Edited by Vitani

@@Lightning Bliss, @, @, @@purple.teal,

"I agree," Clover replied to Lightning. "We ought to get moving straight away, and find someplace safe outside the dogs' territory where we can rest. We could always stop at Sunny Town; the ponies there would make us welcome and we could rest up there for a day until we're all recovered."

Sunny Town was the place where Clover, Stargazer and their friends had rescued Ruby. The town had once been under a curse, stuck in a time loop, but now was back to normal. Populated entirely by earth ponies, pegasi and unicorns were somewhat of a novelty there.

Blaze turned his head to Hurricane, "Yeah, you don't say." He wrapped up his sword and ties a knot on the side of his body. He shook his head for a second to regain focus on the situation at hand, getting ready to move on wherever the team had decided to. Blaze was content on going anywhere, as long as it wasn't populated with ferocious Dogs.

(edited)

@, @@Pripyat Pony,@,

(Since Polnareff is really busy with RL events, he's asked me to take charge as second admin of this RP. Forgive me if I skip over  incidents where he's supposed to say something. I will still leave all events/attacks/big moments, to Polnareff when he returns. At this point I am merely keeping the RP moving and not growing dull.)

After a quick confirmation with Raze and the others, she along with the leading ponies quickly picked up their belongings, heading out of the baldspot and on forward on their orginal route into the forest. She wasted no time in sprinting into a trot, keeping her head down and cloak firmly covered as she could see the woods growing closer. Yes...she thought, yes...out of this dog theiving infested spot...Not really thinking about it though, as she continued her trot, she turned her eyes back to see if the others were coming...when she noticed Hurricane was serverly lagging behind.

She sighed knowing the truth that the pegasus was injured, and if all else, she didn't want to say anything, or stop and make a situation worse...But they couldn't leave her behind to fend for herself either. She skid to a stop then turned around and trotted back to the pegasus who was struggling.

@

"Um..." she tried to break the ice, but firmly just shook it off the awkwardness and went straight to the point, trying not to give off the fact she knew the pegasus was injured, "enjoying the scenery? I thought we all wanted to get out of here quick..?"

(OOC PS. also I'll be quite busy after Wednesday due to RL events...aka I'm moving to a new location. I will not have internet access till July 9th, so I'll be out for about 5 days after Wednesday. Apologies for the hold up.)