Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What software should I use to draw?

Midnight Gaze

I use Gimp all the time. I've used it for years because it's free and it can make some really nice stuff once you've got your head around it. I mean, just look at the stuff this artist can make on it. Impressive, right?

(edited)

Listen to SaffronSunset! GIMP is really good! I use it more than Photoshop because it is more simpler with almost the same features. The best part is that it is FREE!

Edited by Rainbow Speedy Dash
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah. Paint SAI is a good program to draw with. A lot of people use it. I've heard photoshop is good too. 

I'm using both GIMP and Inkscape. Both are great, free programs with a lot of control, but GIMP uses raster graphics and Inkscape uses vector graphics. Try both and see which one fits you better.

• 1 month later...

I have GIMP for my drawing stuff, not that I draw much anymore.

Paint.net is also pretty good.

GIMP is a bit harder to learn I find then Paint.net, atleast as far as first impressions go, but both work pretty good.

Don't use GIMP. For the love of GOD do NOT use it. I started off using GIMP and I really absolutely hate it. But, it is free.

If you can get a copy of Paint Tool SAI you will be loving it. There's also Open Canvas that I like to use.

I have experience with Adobe Photoshop, Paint Tool SAI, Corel Painter, Gimp, and Krita, with Photoshop being my main tool of trade.
Out of all these programs, Gimp and Krita are open source applications, and I find the latter to be far more preferable to Gimp.
I will always endorse Photoshop given the chance, because it's just so amazingly versatile, but if you can't really afford something in that general price range, then I'd suggest you go with Krita. 
It's a great art program that was designed with painters in mind, and, as a Photoshop user myself, I find the interface very easy to use, since it's relatively similar.

Edited by Derp My Life

In being serious when I say it.

If you want a copy of Adobe Photoshop 14.2 Creative Cloud, let me know.

Last time I tried to get a less than legit copy of photoshop it did in fact not work, it was key protected.

But sure I'm interested in a copy.

Last time I tried to get a less than legit copy of photoshop it did in fact not work, it was key protected.

But sure I'm interested in a copy.

Send me a PM so I can give you the link for it. Trust me. It's a legit one that dose not need a product key.