Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why does ponification bother people?

ZomBrony

Actually. I don't think that in order to be a part of a fandom you must follow any rules. If those people attack you, you must fight back. It's how life works. The weakest will get crushed. If you let it pass by tomorow it might be something more serious (like getting attacked and raped/robed) and you won't do nothing just because you don't want to fight on their level. 

Well you'll obviously fight back for something more serious like that. But hating the haters is ridiculous. That makes about as much sense as hating weather reporters because it rained. 

and you won't do nothing just because you don't want to fight on their level. 

There are some cases where you have to fight back but with haters and troll the only way to do that is to do nothing, just let them fire off their hate and let them get bored and move onto someone else.

• Brohoof 1

Well you'll obviously fight back for something more serious like that. But hating the haters is ridiculous. That makes about as much sense as hating weather reporters because it rained. 

It doesn't. Those haters leave a psych scar. They can ruin your emotion or something like that. Weather reporters report the weather. The weather can be good or bad. You are basically saying that I should hate a person who warns me for a potential danger.

because the hater isn't in a fandom with the amount of creativity that bronies have and they must hate on bronies creativity to make themselves feel better than everyone else.

• Brohoof 1

There are some cases where you have to fight back but with haters and troll the only way to do that is to do nothing, just let them fire off their hate and let them get bored and move onto someone else.

Well every hater and troll is different. So is every victim. 

• Brohoof 1

I can understand why some people dislike the bad ponifications (which I do too), but I can never wrap my head around why ponification in general is such a big deal. I guess it's just those typical butthurt reactions.

• Brohoof 1

I think that ponification bothers people because they couldn't understand and are afraid of something being made in a different way. It's sort of an equivalent to making a denomic version of Barack Obama to them. They just couldn't stand anything different, so they continue to act out about it, that's where the anti-brony trolls come out. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Simply because some people think it looks dumb. A lot of those people are usually anti-bronies

Personally I think they can be rather fun and amusing(though of course there are some that can be rather...stupid)

Edited by Big Boss
  • Brohoof 2

Well every hater and troll is different. So is every victim. 

'So is every victim' This applies perfectly. That isn't how I react to haters, but it's understandable that others will.

• Brohoof 1

I think that ponification bothers people because they couldn't understand and are afraid of something being made in a different way. It's sort of an equivalent to making a denomic version of Barack Obama to them. They just couldn't stand anything different, so they continue to act out about it, that's where the anti-brony trolls come out. 

I guess so.. That should be obvious to me by now, this is always the reason things are hated. But I just can't understand it so it's hard for me to accept.

Well I used to be a hater, so I should know.

There's really no real reason. But come on guys,not EVERYTHING needs to be ponified.

Yes it does. o3o x3

We ponify things because we like to, that's enough reason to ponify everything to me.

Yes it does. o3o x3

We ponify things because we like to, that's enough reason to ponify everything to me.

Gonna have to disagree, not going to lie. It's can get quite annoying. Not going to lie.

Gonna have to disagree, not going to lie. It's can get quite annoying. Not going to lie.

Not to me. Or to many others. If it really were, it would have stopped by now.

I can understand why some people dislike the bad ponifications (which I do too), but I can never wrap my head around why ponification in general is such a big deal. I guess it's just those typical butthurt reactions.

What kind of ponifications are 'bad'? What makes them bad?

Maybe the Anti-Bronies. But I doubt any other Bronies do.

Actually I heard someone post my exact words I said, someone said. And I quote: "I'm all good with ponification, but come on guys. Not EVERYTHING needs to be ponified"

• Brohoof 1

Actually I heard someone post my exact words I said, someone said. And I quote: "I'm all good with ponification, but come on guys. Not EVERYTHING needs to be ponified"

Well I just don't agree with that, sorry. I can't see any problems with it.

i think ponies have become their own meme/rule of the internet xD

"if it exists, there is a pony version of it" xP

This is what I agree with. cx It's just harmless fun.

(edited)

Well I just don't agree with that, sorry. I can't see any problems with it.

I'm fine with your opinion. Everyone going to have an opinion, good or not. I just don't understand why everything needs to be ponified, just like I don't get shipping. But, that's another story.

Edited by Cyan Blue

(edited)

Just think of the thing you don't really want to see in life. For some people that thing becomes MLP stuff. This isn't really that difficult an application of basic human empathy.

Edited by (g)ood (g)ame
  • Brohoof 2

I guess some people do not like to see things changed in ways that they don't like. For some they feel it ruins something about that for them maybe.

Others they just don't like it for a personal preference I guess.

To each his own, I really don't mind it myself, and I don't mind if others don't like it, just as long as they're not really annoying about it. 

All my opinion, just as liking or disliking ponifications.

(edited)

Pretty simple - people who hate MLP and/or bronies see it as a personal insult whenever a character from one of their beloved fandoms is "tarnished" by being made into the very thing they hate. And you know what? I fucking love it.

Keep doin' what yer doin', ponifiers.

Just think of the thing you don't really want to see in life. For some people that thing becomes MLP stuff. This isn't really that difficult an application of basic human empathy.

Point being? Nobody's telling them they have to like it. I don't like anime, but does that entitle me to tell others to stop drawing non-anime characters in anime form? No. Well...technically, yes, since I have the freedom of speech. But I'm also intelligent enough to realize that I do not, in fact, have the "right not to be offended", just like everybody else. The arguments of people who bitch about ponification literally amount to "stop liking what I don't like", and frankly, the only response that warrants is laughter.

Edited by Applethrash
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Here's a good topic for discussion.. Why does ponification bother people? It's not hurting anyone. I'm sitting here wracking my mind trying to think of any good reason that might be upsetting to someone, but I just can't. Why do you think it does?

It's just annoying.

I never liked it in the first place.

I love ponies but when it's forced into everything it gets old fast.

Of course I don't follow fanart anymore.

I mean cake is good but eating cake all the time is bad for me.

Edited by Iron Dawn