Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

SweetJeans's Digital Art Gallery

SweetJeans88

newest items on the last page! :)

i'd like a thread to showcase some of my art; also, im hoping the feedback will kickstart my art drive and get me motivated to finish my other sketches.

first up: a happy birthday card insert. originally done with copic markers and brush pens, when i scanned it the colours got washed out. I upped the saturation and it seems i got too zealous with that. anyhoo critiques are welcomed.
img-820070-1-happybirthdayponies3.jpg

Edited by SweetJeans88
  • Brohoof 21

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

i do, tho yall may not like it. i dont update often enough D: most of my pony things are in the scrapbook section and most of those are the initial sketchy practice stuff and playing with the markers :(

http://littlegenius1...<br /><br />but thank you for the compliments ^_^

me and the beau are going to the state fair next week and im all excited about it. so have some fair art.

before i go inking and colouring this, whats wrong with it. :/ big macs leg seems wonky to me and i cant figure out how to fix the area around his withers. i dont wanna cop out and just draw in the harness but thats what i did. har har.

Posted Image

test animation for a new avi for me. im more likely to finish it with pushes/shoves from the outside world tell me to.

Posted Image

i dunno if i like the little sniffle afterwards or not tho. well see. as always, critiques are loved.

Edited by SweetJeans88
  • Brohoof 5

I just get so happy when I look at the birthday card you drew; I hope the person you made it for felt the same. And your other pony drawings and sketches seem to have the same general feeling to them.

So happy! :wub:

• Brohoof 2

mas..

moriko's oc i drew earlier today--hopefully shes the right colours. still i like how she turned out. :D

as always, critiques are welcomed. i know the edges are rough. i wanted some sort of border, but i couldnt think of one that fit right.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

thanks yall! :wub: i am working on more pieces, i just feel kinda bad re-posting stuff from the other threads ive been working on :/ im a a pokey person~sorry!

i drew this for Motion Spark--hes such a sweetie :D you may have seen this one, but its rarity and his OC beat!

Posted Image

Edited by SweetJeans88
  • Brohoof 3

moriko's oc i drew earlier today--hopefully shes the right colours. still i like how she turned out. :D

as always, critiques are welcomed. i know the edges are rough. i wanted some sort of border, but i couldnt think of one that fit right.

Rough edges??? All I'm seeing are either overlapping lines, or the computer's antialiasing not smoothing the edges of the line adequately enough. Doesn't seem rough to me. At least your motor skills seem finer than my own.

• Brohoof 1

mas..

Posted Image

Ah, I remember this. It's my old OC, Moriko, and you were so generous too! Damn...she's still so gorgeous in your style it boggles my mind.

I swear I would practically do ANYTHING for another pic from you. They are all just SOOOO good. Heck, I'd even pay you.

Edited by Eris & Alora
  • Brohoof 1

for Never pony:

@@NeverPony,

Posted Image

just sketching out the character :3 i like this because its forcing me out of my comfort zone. im studying some vasquez for some unique stylistic influences, but its difficult because meshing that with like.. disney/hanna-barbera is hard! <3

Jack of APPLES! <3

im rather shocked this hasnt already been done before...

Posted Image

i wasnt sure how else to make the rope look like its in motion. :/ so it looks kinda funky to me. im open to suggestions. <3

Edited by SweetJeans88
  • Brohoof 4

for Never pony:

You send my spirit spiraling skywards, and within its walls, it wells in whimsy. The style you've shaped sits happily within my heart.

Edited by NeverPony
  • Brohoof 2

uhhh...

Apple Bottom Jeans, and dem boots with the spurrrsss....? :P

Posted Image

i hate that leg, but im tired of messing with it, also did a recording of my leeennngtthy inking/colouring methods. will update when its finally posted to youtube...

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

uploaded at last!
sorry theyre rather dull :/ i wasnt about to put my squeaky voice on there and i had to split them up so:

enjoy! oh and i use photoshop CS5 and a tablet if anyone wants to know. <3 thanks guys x3 Posted Image

lllaaaaatttttteeeee.... as per usual, but nonetheless still cute :D

I thank you so much for your gift to me also

youre welcome again!  i just adore her colours, and her hair was so cute, i couldnt resist.

Posted Image

i am still sketching, and as soon as i get my hands on a scanner or find my phone card adapter ill give you proof.Posted Image

Edited by SweetJeans88
  • Brohoof 1

I think your work is FANTASTIC! I love your style and seeing the underlying method is already giving me some more ideas of things to try with my own art! I'd be kinda curious if you might be interested in collaborating on something later on! I think our art styles may blend nicely!

• Brohoof 1

a warmup drawing-- im so pleased i finally figured out how to colour the lines without actually drawing them in that colour. i have a hard time seeing them when they arent black :/  its in the masking!

anyhoo!  i love me some lanky cowboys <3  have a pic of Tex!

tex.png

bonus points if you remember him, because that episode SUCKED.  i remember even as a kid going WTHAY whered these guys come from??? EXPLAIN THIS! D:<

• Brohoof 1

Oh my word... This is wonderful! I really love your art alot! Its so smooth and nice and pretty to look at and.. Just wonderful! I wish I could draw like a 3rd as good as you :P.

Wonderful work! Keep it up dude!

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...
(edited)

Rough edges??? All I'm seeing are either overlapping lines, or the computer's antialiasing not smoothing the edges of the line adequately enough. Doesn't seem rough to me. At least your motor skills seem finer than my own.

what i meant were those left over brush strokes at the bottom.  i like my pieces to come to a logical cut off-- like the bandanna on tex. its just a personal irk i have. :3  i fail at backgrounds so i make em into stickers :P

finally coloured :3 not shaded though, but i still think it looks nice. :)  i think theyre a cute couple and they could grow together.

fluttermac1-1.png

and neverpony again :3  i wish i could draw more moody/atmospheric stuff, but im crippled by cute haha

nevertea-1.jpg

cloudpuff1_zps95c5a9dd.png

cloudpuff, for @Octavia's Cellozoid

and for  a picture of his namesake:

silverwispthebard2_zps76e0214d.jpg

im getting the hang of textures, but i think i need a good long fabric study :/ gravity and light physics dont apply in my world xD

Edited by SweetJeans88

Eh? 

Just...eh? 

Thacablufablyjin....whaa?

Is basically something along the lines of my first reaction.

Then I got on to the second page. 

That was yesterday. 

You are...amazingly talented at this kind of thing, you're the kind of person I aspire to be like when I draw. 

Although im stuck with hand-drawings and GIMP at the minute, and 2D side images because I hate failure, so I stick with what im good at which ultimately leads to...

post-8810-0-32811900-1357281099.gif

You created this for some inspiration to draw? Honestly I think it's worked in reverse, if it wasn't 5am right now i'd be drawing too.

Seriously though, fantastic work and you should definitely keep them coming! 

You are...amazingly talented at this kind of thing, you're the kind of person I aspire to be like when I draw. 

thank you so much x3  ive still got a ways to go, but ultimately id like to illustrate childrens books someday.  I enjoy helping other artists hone their skills, and pass on those quirks tips and tricks thatll speed things along for them.  always keep practicing and re-learning how to "see" <3

soo, after i finished Silverwisps' pic i was sitting at the comp, drinking a black cherry soda and i was like, these colours are kinda awesome for a pony... WAIT A MINIUTE WHAT IF!?  so i picked my favourite local coke and doodled up some concepts for them.

Sundrop, and Cherry-Lemon Sundrop yall.sundrop2_zps319e4846.jpg

sundrop_zps282d002f.jpg

im not sold on the hair style, but i wanted something 1940s-1950s ish, since thats when it came into being. 

The last ones I like less but aside from that amazing! all these lines are so smooth and I can't trace and rough lines (although with the last updated picture the fore hooves look kind of awkward thin to my liking...)

• Brohoof 1