Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

SweetJeans's Digital Art Gallery

SweetJeans88

(edited)

img-2709506-1-attachicon.gifhead shape.jpg

Behold my mad skillz!

That's all I got.

...i like yours better xD

its 20 bucks to get this thing printed on canvas and i dont wanna get it back and the colours be all wrong, any clue as to whats going on there?

teehee x3 i look like a goon, but whatever--i made her cry xD <3

post-8581-0-82288500-1402465920_thumb.jpg

Edited by SweetJeans88
  • Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

so i been brainstorming OCs.... funny thing is, i think of names first, THEN think of how they would look or act based on that.

have some scribbles yall

post-8581-0-52225200-1403671885_thumb.jpg

and, evening glory, from the MAST :P

post-8581-0-02396600-1403671949_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Skydoll was the first comic beau let me borrow when we first met  xD the art and story is lovely! i just wish Marvel would pick it back up again... i think theyre all published now but in french which i cant read :(  so have a ponified version in one of her adorable outfits x3

post-8581-0-89672500-1405233182_thumb.png

^ its best viewed at this size, since thats what i actually drew it at.  if you make it bigger its kinda crappy but i wasnt drawing at that big a size on the comp xD if it makes sense, the resolution was just huge and i was sketching all zoomed out. sorry

Edited by SweetJeans88
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

lmao, had to add a bathing suit and a background to fit this, so i could post it here :P

so have some fluttershy being cute ^_^

post-8581-0-23250700-1406010106_thumb.jpg

the originals a lot bigger, but i had a hard time finding a good size background for her. i suck at backgrounds, so i usually source them.

post-8581-0-30563900-1406043271.png

i made a thing xD  have a cute changeling plushie :)  i opted for patches instead of holes in the legs because... the stuffing would fall out, and for some reason that struck me as really gorey in my mind--and personally disturbed me lmao.  zombie gore? FINE! :D   lacerated stuffed animal? D: YOU MONSTER! so yah. <3

• Brohoof 3

That doll is simply wonderful. I wish to embrace it until it's stitching can no longer bear the burden. 

NEVERPONYYY~~i could squeeze the stuffing outta you too; i aint seen you around here in ages! 

and thank you!   :blush:  :squee: im especially happy with the button-eyes and how the texture came out in the shadows ^_^

and for@Mailittlepony, Summerdream! (a big version)

post-8581-0-96362300-1406356411_thumb.png

i try to draw big, and shrink stuff down to hide my shaky lines--i dont use the pen tool for these

• Brohoof 2

i try to draw big, and shrink stuff down to hide my shaky lines--i dont use the pen tool for these

I always use the pen, I can't do free lines, they are too shaky :/

note.gif guuuuurrrl, you thought he was a man, but he really was a muffin~~muffin maaaAAAAaaAAAAaaannn!

i dunno..... xD
i wanted to make a cute muffin themed dress for miss Derpy, and nothing screams "lumpy pastry" like a bubble/scrunch-bottom dress.  in real life i think theyre Fugly, but she totally pulls it off Haha <3
post-8581-0-20943500-1406768355_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I'm a huge fan of your work! :)
I love your style and your shading as well. Your recent humanised Derpy shows off your skills even more, if only subtly. 

Consider your thread watched, I'm looking forward to more art from you! (maybe I can even steal your shading style.)

Edited by Ashley
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a huge fan of your work! I love your style and your shading as well. Your recent humanised Derpy shows off your skills even more, if only subtly.  Consider your thread watched, I'm looking forward to more art from you! (maybe I can even steal your shading style.)

me, when i read this last night:

tumblr_lwxabkpq0z1r17y5o_zpsff257cc6.gif

i was so tickled x33
i have a lot of techniques/tools in photoshop that id be happy to share with you :3  ive looked through your own gallery, and youve got more skill than i had at your age lmao. i was still drawing poke-mans on lined paper in 8th grade xD  so keep at it, and ill help when/where i can ^_^

• Brohoof 1

once again, i need more help and feedback. :D  sooo, inspired by Rarity's Carousel Boutique, i drew well... a carousel.

BUT i want to make this a big wall plaque, about a foot wide--so ive got to vector it.  no biggie there.  Now, the graphics position ive got going on the side, they specialize in laser cutting/engraving.  this is going to be cut from wood/ acrylic and ive included some examples of what it can do.  im really bad with thinking in terms of /stencils/ if anyones taken printmaking you might understand what im getting at.  i can engrave detailed lines, and shade some dark areas. but i have to mix that with areas to cut out, and it still be sturdy.  anyways just critique please xD and throw ideas at me D: the smallest cuts are about 1/4 inch--itll burn and fry the inbetween if its less.

my WIP:
post-8581-0-21287900-1407222745_thumb.jpg

what im sorta going for:

post-8581-0-98633600-1407223067.jpgpost-8581-0-34046200-1407223091_thumb.jpgpost-8581-0-14765500-1407223097_thumb.jpg

i /wish/ i could get that beautiful depth of the second one, but the third of the lady im pretty sure i can get that shading to come out well with the laser...

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, this is mostly me being nitpicky, but that horse is a bit to large for the carousel.

Apart from that....

-maybe add the central spire behind the horse'S pole

-maybe add another level to the roof (kina like Rarity's house

-if you can figure out how to not make them look horrible, maybe add additional horses in from various perspective

-maybe make the stand more fancy

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hmm, this is mostly me being nitpicky, but that horse is a bit to large for the carousel.

i agree, but im only doing one horse, and the material is thin, so im afraid itll be too delicate.  ideally itll be cut from 1/4 clear acrylic.. buuuttt... its probably gonna be masonite because thats a lot cheaper.

i tried the center spire too, but it got muddy and lost my horses spire.. so its the horses pole /as/ the center spire.. how could i convey that better? :/

i had a revelation that the stand isnt going to be there.. the base i mean.  because thatll be a coaster type disk with a niche cut for the pole to be glued into.  so itll be sorta 3d...the red outline going on is where the laser would cut it all the way through.

the turquoise areas are hopefully gonna be cut acrylic inlays

i sketched an additional roof, but im not sure i like it...

post-8581-0-72696600-1407300223_thumb.jpg

and in wood?  i wrote a note to myself about acrylic sorry xDpost-8581-0-60290500-1407301737_thumb.jpg

Edited by SweetJeans88
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ponies shouldnt take this long to VECTOR buh.  plus its GI-friggin-NORMOUS and i didnt mean for it to be that big... which is odd since its a smaller file-size than most of my stuff.  not bad for a first?  ive been doing roses and a rifle for a sundress all day and i needed a break...a four hour break lmao.  i still think she came out adorable though.  id put it on a shirt lmao XD

post-8581-0-21466600-1408085464_thumb.png

soo.. 4 hrs a vector, and... bout an hr and a half for this?  not sure bout that leg. it looks fine without the skirt, but funky finished..
based off the same sketch mind you, @Hibiscus Bloom

post-8581-0-67510700-1408092037_thumb.png
post-8581-0-69132300-1408092114_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

for the sweetpen pic, i originally recorded a tutorial for you guys but cam-studio bugged out on me when i was saving it-- so i only have 2 hrs of me talking to myself, a black screen and you cant see what im doing.. blaaarrgghhhh maybe next time.. :(  any other recording suggestions? programs? methods? wuuut?

@Sweet Pen
post-8581-0-68153000-1408782696_thumb.png

@Mailittlepony summerdream
post-8581-0-63936500-1408782742_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

rather incomplete, but i cant sit still tonight :/  sooo~~ im an uber-fan of tex/applejack. so i doodled him again. i like his hair a dark pink/red instead of whatever in gods name they were thinking when they made him in the 80s. basically from neon/pastels to something darker and more earthy.   he has a funky duck face going on though D:  

"a pony could get used to the views around this town..."
post-8581-0-67639100-1408873975_thumb.jpg

:/ i just realized that about 8 out of 10 of my portraits are facing left.... D:

Edited by SweetJeans88
  • Brohoof 1