Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Food weakness

Frosty Flurry

(edited)

Oh geez!

BTW I only vaguely know the difference between type 1 and 2

My mum has type 2 ( the one i will probably get) and I know its a slow process and you need insulin every day

Care to explain a bit about type 1? :wacko:

Mysteries of life my friend.

I think we should all be very fat by now :lol:

EDIT: Type 1 is the kid's version according to Google.

Edited by RainbowDangerDashie

Tell me about it. I've only had it for six months, and I still feel like a diseased vermin, even though I swore to myself that I'm passed it. At least I get to help little kids with it later down the month at a day camp.

Type 1 is a genetic thing. I got it from my dad, who has an under-active thyroid. Type 2 is if you don't eat any healthy foods at all, like 10 pounds of ice cream a day.

Oh. Well I'm still told it runs in my family

Or is there something my mum isn't telling me.... :okiedokielokie:

But does type 2 still run in the family?

• Brohoof 1

Type 1 I think is when you hardly eat any sugar, your body still needs sugar to help you survive.

From my case, I wasn't eating enough other food groups. I'm a grain person, and nothing else. My sugar level was I think over 700 when I was dying, and that is DANGEROUSLY high. 

(edited)

Do you have diabetes?

I know how you feel. My mum has it and I feel terrible for her :(

No I don't have but I know someone who is very close to me who has it. I see what for kind of impact it has on his life.

It's my biggest fear to ever get diabetes....(although i'm not overweight and eat healthy).

It must be also hard for you to see someone you love like your mother who struggles with this disease ever single day again. :(

Edited by Pinklady
  • Brohoof 1

From my case, I wasn't eating enough other food groups. I'm a grain person, and nothing else. My sugar level was I think over 700 when I was dying, and that is DANGEROUSLY high. 

D: I can understand why you like grains so much (who doesn't love bread and pasta), but omg. Thank goodness your sugar level has gone down, (i hope it has, at least), and you were close to dying? Oh my god D: That must feel terrible.

D: I can understand why you like grains so much (who doesn't love bread and pasta), but omg. Thank goodness your sugar level has gone down, (i hope it has, at least), and you were close to dying? Oh my god D: That must feel terrible.

Well, let's say that I became extremely underweight (I think I'm over 130 pounds, standing at 5'6), and I was almost below 100 pounds. It didn't help that because of the thyroid, I was going through an excessive drinking phase. I got all my weight back, and I'm thinking of working out to gain some muscle, and diabetes doesn't stop you from doing sports and all that. 

(edited)

Oh. Well I'm still told it runs in my family

Or is there something my mum isn't telling me.... :okiedokielokie:

But does type 2 still run in the family?

Not everyone who eats unhealthy gets diabetes 2, not everyone who weights too much gets diabetes 2. It's isn't that simple

I think if you have someone with diabetic 2 in your family, changes are much higher you also get it when not eating healthy.

But that's for most diseases. For example: If you're a girl and your mother had breast cancer, your chances for also getting breast cancer sooner or later are a lot higher.

Edited by Pinklady

No I don't have but I know someone who is very close to me who has it. I see what for kind of impact it has on his life.

It's my biggest fear to ever get diabetes....(although i'm not overweight and eat healthy).

It must be also hard for you to see someone you love like your mother who struggles with this disease ever single day again. :(

It's horrible

I'm terrified of getting diabetes and even had a blood test for it. Until the results came I was beside myself

My mum hates it. Every day she injects herself and when she has a hypo its scary for me.

I feel awful whenever I bring sweets home as well

But when she can't have someting we all don't have it!

Not everyone who eats unhealthy gets diabetes 2, not everyone who weights too much gets diabetes 2. It's isn't that simple

I think if you have someone with diabetic 2 in your family, changes are much higher you also get it when not eating healthy.

But that's for most diseases. For example: If you're a girl and your mother had breast cancer, your chances for also getting breast cancer sooner or later are a lot higher.

kk. I'll admit I'm really not the healthiest person in the world.

Thank you for the information :)

Yep I'm doomed :lol:

(edited)

It's horrible

I'm terrified of getting diabetes and even had a blood test for it. Until the results came I was beside myself

My mum hates it. Every day she injects herself and when she has a hypo its scary for me.

I also saw a hypo once with that person. I'll never forget it, I was terrified. Now I know you have to give lots of sugar (coke, sugarcubes, cookies) or in worst case an insuline pen if he carries it with them.

Anyway, I wish your mom all the best!

Edited by Pinklady
  • Brohoof 1

Well, let's say that I became extremely underweight (I think I'm over 130 pounds, standing at 5'6), and I was almost below 100 pounds. It didn't help that because of the thyroid, I was going through an excessive drinking phase. I got all my weight back, and I'm thinking of working out to gain some muscle, and diabetes doesn't stop you from doing sports and all that. 

There was a kid at my school this year who has diabetes (Type 2), and whenever I went to the nurse's office to drop off a paper or something, I would see him injecting insulin. I hate getting shots, I can't imagine myself having to inject myself with insulin several times a day. :( I hope that you eventually get better soon, I can't imagine what it feels like.

It's horrible

kk. I'll admit I'm really not the healthiest person in the world.

Thank you for the information :)

Yep I'm doomed :lol:

You shouldn't worry too much :) It's not because your mom has it you're also going to get it.  Maybe you should test yourself occasionnaly if that comforts you. But don't think too much about it and enjoy your life :)

I also saw a hypo once with that person. I'll never forget it, I was terrified. Now I know you have to give lots of sugar (coke, sugarcubes, cookies) or in worst case an insuline pen if he carries it with them.

I even don't dare to eat a lot of sugar anymore since I know that person with diabetic, because my fear is too high to also get it.

Anyway, I wish your mom all the best

thank you, you too!

I'll go and tell my mother that right now, goodnight!

There was a kid at my school this year who has diabetes (Type 2), and whenever I went to the nurse's office to drop off a paper or something, I would see him injecting insulin. I hate getting shots, I can't imagine myself having to inject myself with insulin several times a day. :( I hope that you eventually get better soon, I can't imagine what it feels like.

Actually, I got used to taking my Insulin shots. The needle doesn't hurt that much, unless you put in the same spot multiple times. That stuff stings.

I forgot to mention you have to prick your fingers for blood too. :P

Actually, I got used to taking my Insulin shots. The needle doesn't hurt that much, unless you put in the same spot multiple times. That stuff stings.

I forgot to mention you have to prick your fingers for blood too. :P

Is there a way you can tell your blood has too much sugar? Like by the thickness or something?

Is there a way you can tell your blood has too much sugar? Like by the thickness or something?

There's a meter and some strips you have to put your blood in. In my case, if my level's above 180, I have to add more insulin. Just look up "Diabetic measuring device," and you'll see what I mean.

I admire the fact you keep strong and don't let the diabetic overrule your life. You sure should work out, you'll feel great :)

Same here, I simply wouldn't be able to inject myself several times a day, I just can't! You never can say 'oh i want to eat a sandwich' without injecting yourself. 

• Brohoof 1

I admire the fact you keep strong and don't let the diabetic overrule your life. You sure should work out, you'll feel great :)

Same here, I simply wouldn't be able to inject myself several times a day, I just can't! You never can say 'oh i want to eat a sandwich' without injecting yourself. 

And you can't eat sweets :( I can't survive without my sugar.

(edited)

Yes indeed, that must be awful! Everything you used to loved is more or less forbidden. The fact that you have to think and do all the measuring and injecting every single time you eat something is awful. It really does control your life. Everything concerning eathing has to be planned and calculated...

I tell you, everyone knows the word 'diabetes' but most people have no clue how severe it is.

Edited by Pinklady

(edited)

You can still eat sugar, just not too much of it. I usually have one sugar snack (usually bite size brownies) a day, because I prefer some crackers. :)

EDIT: For example, if you want cake, you need to give yourself a shot for it. 

EDIT 2: I'm Type 1, so I don't know how this works for Type 2s. 

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Brohoof 1

Omygosh I have so many of these. 

Sour cream and onion chips

Cheezeits 

Dr pepper.

Grape tomatoes

Rasberries

OK i have more just can't think of them!'

Sour cream and onion chips were my favorite Pringles.  They were so good.  What I like better are chocolate candy bars, especially Snickers. :)

• Brohoof 1

Sour cream and onion chips were my favorite Pringles.  They were so good.  What I like better are chocolate candy bars, especially Snickers. :)

Omygosh me too!! 

Have you ever tried chocolate in popcorn?! its really good... (atleast to me)

• Brohoof 1