Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Feed The Machine (Roleplay Thread)

CornBreadGang

(edited)

Evening. Usually one of the most calm moments of the day for Light Streak, who at this moment was strolling down the street. Things have changed in Equestria over the last few decades. There arrived air transportation for ponies who could not fly, and vehicles for ponies who could not walk. Yes indeed, times were changing. As said before, it was a beautiful evening, and Light was enjoying it. He soaked in the setting sun with closed eyes and a smile. Everything was all right to him. But, little did Light know, but his enjoyment of life was about to come to a screeching halt. There would be no more sunsets in what was to come. But, for the moment, all was well. There was many like him, unassuming ponies who were oblivious to the dark future ahead. Obviously, there were ponies who warned that an end to the world they knew was near, and there were anarchists who say that a new, dark power would rise. And, as they would come to see, their visions were doomed to become all too real all too soon.

((OOC:

This is an open roleplay, and anyone can join at any time, find the OOC here:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/104722-feed-the-machine-ooc/?p=2866601 ))

Edited by super2379

"Woah there! Easy now, easy, that's it" Amber shouted down over the edge of The Celeste as the group of burly stallions slowly lowered the small airship towards the ground via large, complicated winches. Finally the ship was secured and Amber set to the task of assisting the workhorses in unloading the heavy cargo. The daunting chore took several hours and more than a few coffee breaks to complete, but eventually the last crate was stacked into place and Amber was free to spend the rest of the evening as she pleased. Smiling she wiped the sweat from her brow, collected her payment, and trotted out of the cargo bay on her way to the first tavern she would run across.

((As per tradition Amber must get wasted at the start of every RP she's in, also I will wait to introduce Aelfric until I have a little more of an idea about what is going on with the machine.))

((OOC: @ Sounds good to me. :)))

While Light Streak was very oblivious to the future that lay before him, nearby, a dark pony known as Dark Spot waited in anticipation. He had been told a long time ago a day like this would come. A day with new inventions to make life easier. Dark smirked. He knew that this meant the future was almost here. He would rise to the top. He would lead. He would destroy. He would kill. He would make everyone do his bidding. He laughed maniacally from the small alleyway he was in. "It won't be long... It will be today..." He says mysteriously.

(edited)

Hivemind could see the dark future that Equestria was headed towards. The machines had arrived...and with them, he knew would come...complications, problems.. and these would fall on Equestria's citizens. "I dream of an Equestria where my hive can co-exist with thier pony cousins, but how can we co-exist if we longer exist? These...machines will bring only disaster...I know I an not the only who sees this". He had a meeting with the four princessrs to discuss his fears..but as he explained he could feel how little they believed and they waved him off with a "we will contact you soon for further derails" which he could tell was just to get him to leave. "I promised my hive a bright future..and now these machines come to threaten that and the princesses are in thier own little world-a dilusion of "progress". Well, I will not fail my hive..I will stop these machines before it's too late".

Edited by Dusk Shade

@@dusk shade

Dark Spot stood from the alleyway he was in. He heard a pony talking over a future with machines. "Heh." He says. "I think you mean The Machine." Says Dark Spot from the dark shadows cast near the alley. He was clearly trying to speak to Hivemind. "Believe me, you won't stop The Machine..." He adds.

Standing in front of princess twilight, Stronghammer tried to convince her of the doom that was about to befall pony kind. Of course she automatically assumed he qas completely insane. "Well, great, I do something good and everyone think ive hit my head too many times, stupid fools."

The princesses conversed over what they had heard over the past several hours. They agreed that there was something strange going on. Almost never is there the same prediction multiple times without it being true. The princesses decide to start being a little more cautious.

It is now 10:45 PM. 1 hour and 15 minutes before the incident.

Shooting went around heeding others to stay inside, hide, whatever they must do to keep away from the machine. They all laughed and some gave her cards to mental institutes. They didn't understand they would disappear and wouldn't escape easily, and in some cases, at all. Shooting knew. Shooting wanted herself and others safe at all costs. She wouldn't force them, she just highly suggested that they kept away from the beast machine or hid.

@@Harmony Cube

Although few few listened to Shooting, little did they know that she was correct.

In Saddle Arabia, a pony named Carpai Nicolia had just finished giving a speech. Hundreds of ponies suddenly found themselves following Carpai instead of their country's leaders.

It is now 11:00 PM, 1 hour before the incident.

Lucky was getting ready. He knew what was going to happen. Earlier on, he was going around, telling others, but only Shooting belived him, and so she went and spread the word. It was almost time, the machine would be here in an hour, yet most ponies would be defenceless, so it is Lucky's job to protect them.

@ Everyone in the RP

((OOC: I deeply apologize that I was not here for this argument that occurred. I was away all day working at my theatre venue, and was unable to return until now. I believe, however, that everything is right now.))

Light noticed the horizon was a different color than usual for this time of night. He shrugged it off, thinking it was nothing.

It is now 11:15. 45 minutes are left until the incident.

(edited)

In an empty lot, an alien whirring noise resonated. A small, narrow shed phased into existence. Out emerged Dr. Horace Hooves, a time traveling pony from a time when technology was present, but not prevalent. He looked around and noticed cars running on gasoline and a jet fly above the city. Horace whistled. How far in the future did I travel? Horace thought. He went back into TARDIS, his homemade time machine, to grab his saddlebag full of tools and gizmos. The wind blew in his face. An eerie feeling came with it.

Edited by Long Winded

Light shivered. It was getting very cold. He looked at a nearby clock. The time read 11:30. "Better go home." He said, turning around from where he was and heading for his home. He couldn't shake the feeling that something was going to happen soon. Something bad.

It is now 11:30. 30 Minutes are left until the incident.

Everlast finally found himself in front of the princesses, Luna and Celestia. He had been waiting all day for an audience and it was nearing midnight. The busy princesses had listened to the others who shared rumors of a rising anarchistic society. Well, that would be quite contradictory. Anarchists wouldn't be able to support any form of reasonable society. Lucky for us all, I am not an anarchist. 

He bowed before his rulers. "Princesses, you clearly know that something is coming, and I am sure that most of what you have heard is news of a terrible machine rising in the dark. I have made it my duty to separate truth from fact and tell you what I know. There is indeed a grand machine rising," He paused, gauging their expressions. "But it is not the evil presence ponies may have told you about. Forgive me for this tangent, but, as you look outside you can see the technological wonders that have helped ponykind. The airships and ground vehicles that make transportation across your empire so much easier. This machine will be troublesome at its start, as is every new development in history. It will not begin perfect. It must be worked with and fed. Given time, I am sure that you will find this to be a welcome addition to our advancing world."

After saying his piece, Everlast bowed again and quickly left the palace. Soon the ponies of this world will be shown a better way.

@@purple.teal

The princesses were now genuinely worried after the latest visit to the castle. They had almost solidified that something was coming, and it wasn't going to be pleasant.

Light Streak entered a trot, looking around, very frightened. It was almost midnight, and he was suddenly very scared.

It is now 11:45. 15 minutes are left until the incident.

Shooting kept trying to warn the others about the machine, it will bring darkness to our bright world. None will be spared. None will survive. Still, only a few ponies believed her.

@@super2379

The unicorn saw a scared pony. "Sir, go hide. A machine is coming that even the strongest or wisest of ponies will not survive." She warned him.

(edited)

As Horace strolled the city, he kept hearing rumors of some sort of machine and passed by some ponies who looked seriously on edge. What's this about a "machine"? Why are ponies becoming so tense all of a sudden? He needed answers. Was this merely a rumor or was this something he had to be concerned about? Horace was now becoming tense himself. However, he knew he wouldn't be able to think or act clearly if he were on edge. He decided that a cup of herbal tea would help sort things out. He sat on the concrete sidewalk and drank from his canteen.

Edited by Long Winded

(edited)

Amber glanced up to the old clock that hung on the wall of the run down tavern and all but spit her mouthful of whiskey into the bartender's face when he blurry vision focused on the tiny hands. "When did it get so late? I gotta move my ship by midnight or they'll tow it off to Celestia knows where!" she shouted at the clearly displeased barkeep. Quickly she tossed back the last of her drink and threw a small pouch of bits onto the counter. Swiftly running for the exit, Amber manged to narrowly avoid all but most of the many stools and customers that were scattered around the small pub. Finally she found the elusive door and stumbled out into the streets of Canterlot before taking off in the direction in which she thought was most likely a way to the docks.

Edited by HunterTSN

(edited)

Light was scared. He was told to run so many times before, and even now. He trembled, for what he felt was no reason. He had a sudden urge to look up. He glanced over at the clock again. 11:59. His heart pounded in his chest. Suddenly, a buzzing noise started. There was a blinding flash of light, and suddenly, the light faded to absolute darkness.

It is now 12:00 AM. The incident has occurred.

Light looked up. He was still slightly blind from the light. He looked around like a drunkard. He saw what looked to be piles of possessions from ponies that were there seconds ago, but disappeared. "What the...?" He said aloud, confused. What he didn't know, though, was that this had happened to millions of ponies, including all 4 princesses.

((OOC: And so it begins...

)) Edited by super2379
  • Brohoof 1

"Damned fools. I warned thm. But yhen who believes a minotaur knows anything. Well, the end is near, but who's end will it be? Ours? Or hopefully the machine's?" As he says this, he walks by a pony looking around drunkenly. "So, you have remained. What is your name, forgotten one?"

(edited)

@super2379

@Sage Of Six Mirrors

The clueless time traveller stumbled from an alley way, his eyes still trying to adjust in the rapid change in light "Blimey!" he shouted aloud. Horace bumped into a lamppost and fell, spilling his canteen on the floor. He found others on the same street as he. "Hello there!" Horace called out. "Canyoutellmewhat's going on?" Horace said slurring his speech.

Edited by Long Winded

@

"Forgotten one?" Light asks, cluelessly. "I have no idea what you're talking about, but if you want my name, it's Light Streak." He says, still dazed.

@@Long Winded

Light suddenly hears the request for information shouted from behind him. He whips around quickly. He couldn't quite make out the face of the pony, but he tried to answer back. "No, I cannot tell you what's going on! However, I can try to get some searching done on the matter!" Light says. He looked between the two ponies, seeing if either had anything to say to him now.

(edited)

@super2379

@Sage Of Six Mirrors

Horace got to his feet. "You don't know, eh? Uh oh," Horace said rubbing his chin. "I'm Horace Hooves, but people back home call me Time Turner. I'm not from around these parts per se". Horace noticed the minotaur standing next to the pony. "And who might you be?"

Edited by Long Winded

"A friend. After all somone needed to warn the populace but the princesses would not beleve me whan I warned them what was about to happen. I am but a simple worker, yet I knew more than I should. Therefore I assume I am in grave danger. As you will be once it is discovered you remain."

@Sage Of Six Mirrors

Finally, somebody who seems to have a grasp on the situation! If Horace wanted answers, he knew for certain that he could get them from this new "friend" of his. "What can you tell me about what just happened here?". It was then that Horace realized more than a debilitating flash of light took place, "And where did every pony go?"