Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Dark Tournament III

Literally Snails

(I never really thought about that. I guess he can fire around ten without a break.)

Tempest smirked as the sphere approached his and jumped back, foreign his own to block Kiwi's projectile. He wasn't exactly sure what the made was planning, but he was slightly interested to see what would happen during their fight.

The two orbs collided in mid air, causing them both to hover a safe distance between the two fights. For a few seconds, the dark orb and orange orb struggled against each other to get through to their respective targets, but neither of them budged until eventually they both dissipated in a cloud of steam and smoke. The orbs had destroyed each other.

It's a draw.

Kiwi smiled and formed a second orb in the same manner, but didn't fire it until she knew what Tempest would do.

"My apologies i didn't mean to intervene in your thoughts." Grant did seem to enjoy the attention that was true. He seemed to think he was some sort of King. Selune chuckled on the inside, well he surely didn't lack spirit. She wandered however if this would be the reason for more plots in the tournaments to come. She had to watch him closely... and put him under control. Well not "control" but at least she had to direct him towards that. "I got no problem with that attitude. Just be careful... you know as well as i that this tournament has been the center of schemes and plots all around. I wouldn't like to see you be one of them... wouldn't be so nice now would it? For your "subjects" i mean. Would hurt the reputation pretty badly too."

"I am nothing like Rail, I assure you," Gant said with shallow humility. "His schemes, as you put them, were meant to cause destruction, but with hostility comes resistance. It is in our very nature to resist death, but it is also in our nature that we crave subjugation! Look at how they fear demons and revere their rulers!"

The two orbs collided in mid air, causing them both to hover a safe distance between the two fights. For a few seconds, the dark orb and orange orb struggled against each other to get through to their respective targets, but neither of them budged until eventually they both dissipated in a cloud of steam and smoke. The orbs had destroyed each other.

It's a draw.

Kiwi smiled and formed a second orb in the same manner, but didn't fire it until she knew what Tempest would do.

"Wow, those of you who are listening in on the radio really need to find a TV screen!" Topaz suggested. "These two fighters are neck and neck! Their attacks are canceling each other out! When is someone gonna make a hit?"

Edited by Literally Snails

The bat pony smirked as the shots cancelled. He then slammed his hooves into the ground and spikes of aura shot out towards Kiwi. He wasn't aiming to hurt her, but rather herd her towards the edge of the ring and get her out. "Come on. You really don't want to see me at my best." He thought to himself. The bat pony then fired two aura spheres at Kiwi.

The bat pony smirked as the shots cancelled. He then slammed his hooves into the ground and spikes of aura shot out towards Kiwi. He wasn't aiming to hurt her, but rather herd her towards the edge of the ring and get her out. "Come on. You really don't want to see me at my best." He thought to himself. The bat pony then fired two aura spheres at Kiwi.

(Are the forums acting up for everybody?)

Kiwi was off balance. If she dodged the attack, she would open herself up again, but after firing that many attacks at once, Tempest was likely off balance too. She decided to try something different. She had enough energy to fire four more blasts, and she had one in her hooves already. She stood back on her hind legs and lifted her front legs in the air. With both of her front hooves gripping the orange blast, it began to expand in size. She had remarkable control over how much she put into the ball, and she decided to put in everything.

When the ball was the size of a boulder, she tossed it effortlessly at Tempest. It collided with all of the aura spikes and orbs and overcame them through sheer size. It continued to hurtle toward Tempest. Dodging it would be difficult if not impossible. Blocking it would be another feat entirely.

Tempest was surprised when Kiwi's attack overtook his and formed a wall of aura in front of him. When the sphere collided, it sent out a shockwave that knocked the bat pony back, making him hit the wall and fall to the ground. When he stood up, pain wracked his body, but he would have to fight through it for now. "You, my dear have just piqued my interest." The bat pony knew he had next to no energy left, but he had to win this fight.

Edited by Majestic Nightfury

Tempest was surprised when Kiwi's attack overtook his and formed a wall of aura in front of him. When the sphere collided, it sent out a shockwave that knocked the bat pony back, making him hit the wall and fall to the ground. When he stood up, pain wracked his body, but he would have to fight through it for now. "You, my dear have just piqued my interest." The bat pony knew he had next to no energy left, but he had to win this fight.

Kiwi staggered across from Tempest and chuckled deeply. Her coat had reverted to its normal light colors. "Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that little stunt drained all of your energy. You might be able to muster enough strength to swing yer little dukes, but that's about it. Am I right?" She started to laugh, "I can barley lift me hooves!" She addmitted. Then she began to laugh louder at her own helplessness.

Tempest nodded slightly and shrugged. "I guess you could say that." He said. "Let's just end this quick and painless. What do ya say?" The bat pony then smirked slightly. He had a good run and he was honestly sad to see it end, but he figured that that was the way things would have to go if he wanted to achieve a goal he and Xena had set out to do years ago.

Tempest nodded slightly and shrugged. "I guess you could say that." He said. "Let's just end this quick and painless. What do ya say?" The bat pony then smirked slightly. He had a good run and he was honestly sad to see it end, but he figured that that was the way things would have to go if he wanted to achieve a goal he and Xena had set out to do years ago.

"Right then, let's get finish this up with an old fashion fist fight. No weapons or fancy tricks." Kiwi suggested. Her boulder technique had used up all of the alcohol in her blood, and she had become sober, meaning that she no longer had her original advantage, but she was still confident. She spread her stance and waited for Tempest to move.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." He said, as he charged at Kiwi, figuring that it would be best to strike fast and incapacitate her rather than hold back qnd possibly stall the fight. When he got close enough the bat pony threw a punch, aiming for the mare's stomach.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." He said, as he charged at Kiwi, figuring that it would be best to strike fast and incapacitate her rather than hold back qnd possibly stall the fight. When he got close enough the bat pony threw a punch, aiming for the mare's stomach.

Kiwi didn't bother to block or dodge. She had given up fighting defensively, and was now purely offense. Though, she might have tried to dodge it if she knew how hard he could hit! Tempest struck her in the gut and she briefly had the wind knocked out of her, but she recovered almost immediately, still feeling the pain. She retaliated with a punch to Tempest's lower jaw.

Tempest was sent back a bit and recovered slightly, before aiming a strong uppercut at Kiwi's head with the intent of knocking her out. He was beaten, bruised and honestly wanted this match to end, but he wasn't about to give up. "Come on. Fight through this." He thought to himself, as his body seemed to go numb.

Tempest was sent back a bit and recovered slightly, before aiming a strong uppercut at Kiwi's head with the intent of knocking her out. He was beaten, bruised and honestly wanted this match to end, but he wasn't about to give up. "Come on. Fight through this." He thought to himself, as his body seemed to go numb.

Kiwi once again didn't dodge. She allowed the punch to hit her in the head without even blocking so that she could retaliate quicker. It was now a fight of who could withstand the most punishment.

After they exchanged a few more blows, Kiwi pulled her head back and readied herself for a powerful headbutt.

(Have Tempest headbutt her at the same time and I'll end this. I'm sorry this fight wasn't as fun as I'd hoped.)

(It's ok. I honestly enjoyed it.)

Tempest had had enough of this fight and could feel his body begin to fail. In one last ditvh effort, he thrust his head foreward in a headbut, noticing Kiwi going for the same attack and feeling the need to counter it. "I just hope this works." He thought."

(It's ok. I honestly enjoyed it.)

Tempest had had enough of this fight and could feel his body begin to fail. In one last ditvh effort, he thrust his head foreward in a headbut, noticing Kiwi going for the same attack and feeling the need to counter it. "I just hope this works." He thought."

Their foreheads hit with a hollow clanking sound like two coconuts smacking together. The sound echoed through the stadium. For a few moments, both warriors were standing still with their foreheads pressed together, but eventually Kiwi's eyes rolled back and she let out a faint grunt before she went limp and fell down to the ground.

She stayed down for the full ten-count without moving.

Their foreheads hit with a hollow clanking sound like two coconuts smacking together. The sound echoed through the stadium. For a few moments, both warriors were standing still with their foreheads pressed together, but eventually Kiwi's eyes rolled back and she let out a faint grunt before she went limp and fell down to the ground.

She stayed down for the full ten-count without moving.

@

Juri finished her ten count and raised one of Tempest's hooves into the air in the typical manner and announced, "With a victory by knockout, Tempest will advance to the third round of the tournament!"

The reaction from the audience was mixed, most were either cheering or booing, but others were watching intently to see if Kiwi was still alive.

Tempest simply rolled his eyes and glanced at Kiwi. He was hoping that she was fine, but pushed the thought to the back of his head. "She'll be fine. There are good medical staff here. They'll take care of her." He thought, as he walked out of the ring and into a offset hallway. He could hopefully talk to Xena in private and not be noticed. "A few more fights and we're done here, my friend.

The aura beast smirked and nodded. "Indeed, but it still won't be easy." He sakd from the confines of the bat pony's mind.

(Got a PM from scrambled. Kiwi's unconscious, but doesn't want to be woken up yet.)

Two staff members carted Kiwi's sleeping body to the medical ward, clearing the stadium for the next fight.

"We can only hope that the next fight will be half as brutal and half as entertaining as that last one!" Topaz announced. "And with this matchup, I'd say we have a pretty good shot! Up next are two veterans of the sport: Selune Darkeye versus Crimson Grinn!"

@@,

The fighters lounge speakers commanded: "Selune Darkeye and Crimson Grinn, report to the arena now."

(Got a PM from scrambled. Kiwi's unconscious, but doesn't want to be woken up yet.)

Two staff members carted Kiwi's sleeping body to the medical ward, clearing the stadium for the next fight.

"We can only hope that the next fight will be half as brutal and half as entertaining as that last one!" Topaz announced. "And with this matchup, I'd say we have a pretty good shot! Up next are two veterans of the sport: Selune Darkeye versus Crimson Grinn!"

@@,

The fighters lounge speakers commanded: "Selune Darkeye and Crimson Grinn, report to the arena now."

Crimson's ears perked as he heard his name being called for his next fight. He took a deep breath, then let it out. "Lets get this over with...maybe this time I wont get blown offby my opponent..." he thought, only half joking. He quickly trotted to the empty arena, and stepped into it, where he sat there waiting.

@@Literally Snails,@, "Sorry... i'm getting called and time's wasting." she said as she made final preparations and stepped into the ring. She looked at the crowd and then at her opponent. "Whatever your purpose is for winning Crimson it's not as good as mine. Give up... save yourself. Get away from me... you will regret it if you don't. This isn't a threat... this is a warning." she said in a serious tone. She was worried, she held her head trying to push her other half back. After the first fight she had felt it quite a lot lashing out at her seeking to destroy her opponent.

@@Literally Snails,@, "Sorry... i'm getting called and time's wasting." she said as she made final preparations and stepped into the ring. She looked at the crowd and then at her opponent. "Whatever your purpose is for winning Crimson it's not as good as mine. Give up... save yourself. Get away from me... you will regret it if you don't. This isn't a threat... this is a warning." she said in a serious tone. She was worried, she held her head trying to push her other half back. After the first fight she had felt it quite a lot lashing out at her seeking to destroy her opponent.

Crimson shook his head stubbornly. "Sorry, Miss, but I highly doubt that. I'm not giving up, and I'm not gonna lose...just trust me when I tell you that I have to beat you and win, in order to save you, my family, and every other pony in this retched hole. I'm not going to kill you, but I wont hold back either. So I hope your ready..." he said, unsheathing his sword and brandishing it at his opponent.

@"More will die if i stay drowned in madness... my own life is already destroyed. If it takes a few more to rid the world of a harm like me... THEN SO BE IT!" She got an assortment of darts out, with a special dart ready just in case. She launched a flurry of them keeping her distance. She was in no mood to start sparring with this one.

@"More will die if i stay drowned in madness... my own life is already destroyed. If it takes a few more to rid the world of a harm like me... THEN SO BE IT!" She got an assortment of darts out, with a special dart ready just in case. She launched a flurry of them keeping her distance. She was in no mood to start sparring with this one.

Crimson cursed and quickly parried the darts away, rolling to the side. Once he regained his footing, he immedietly shot a fireball at Selune's feet. "Wrong! Noponies gonna die here! Not if I can help it!" He said stoically, though he had a creeping feeling that if Selune didn't start seeing reason, he'd have to choose between his life, or her's, and Crimson hated to admit it, but he wasn't going to let himself die for the sake of another. For once, he had to surviveat all costs, if he wanted to protect his family and friends.

@,She ducked back and covered herself with her cloak. The fire on her cloak was quickly doused after a few hits. "I am bipolar Crimson... i don't have complete control of myself. Make it quick or you will taste the consequences!" She sat on her hind legs preparing secretly a spell focusing ready to ignite should the time come. He had no idea when it would trigger, or how.

@,She ducked back and covered herself with her cloak. The fire on her cloak was quickly doused after a few hits. "I am bipolar Crimson... i don't have complete control of myself. Make it quick or you will taste the consequences!" She sat on her hind legs preparing secretly a spell focusing ready to ignite should the time come. He had no idea when it would trigger, or how.

Crimson engulfed his sword in flames, then swung it in Selune's direction. Sending a wave of fire aimed directly at her midsection. "There is no consequence more dire than the one we might suffer if I lose! You can warn me about your big green side all you like, miss...but it wont do you any good. A twelve story high dragon with alicorn magic and the power of a mountain couldnt divert me from my goal!" he said.

@,"The emissary of fear... appears from the pitch-black darkness... and lures you in without a sound." his attack triggered a contingency teleport on his other side. She got a sickle and pushed a button extending the pole. With two crescent strikes she sent a shadowy wave of energy against him in an X formation. "Sha-elasar.. terve..."