Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Elements of War

Warrior Dark Void

This is the sign ups for my roleplay, Elements of War. Please post with your characters name, race, weapon/talents, role (warrior, tactician, etc.), element (as in life for healers, shadows for assasins, etc.), and a picture for us to see.

And please do not copy off of other people, especially in the elements section. It's ok if two or three people have similar weapons, but let's get as much diversity in the characters as possible.

Edit: this is supposed to be a medieval level of weaponry and warfare. This means no guns or explosives (aside from magic) or anything above a blade or crossbow.

My OC:

Name: Warrior Void

Race: Unicorn

Weapon/talents: dual one- handed long broadswords, and Void magic. (Essentially magic created for battle) he also draws some of his strength from the Alicorn gem, making him a complete berserker if he becomes emotionally distraught.

Role: front-line experienced warrior

Element: destruction (physical and emotional)

Picture: my avatar pic

Weaknesses (this section is optional, but your character must not be OP): Void has a painful past, and seeing Luna changes him completely (not for the better). Also, due to his past, he quickly builds strong bonds between teammates and friends. If something is to happen to anypony that he cares about, the Alicorn gem tips him over the edge and he will not stop until the threat is gone. Doing so may cause him to attack even both sides without knowing it.

Roleplay (please sign up before posting here): http://mlpforums.com/topic/107628-elements-of-war/

Edited by Warrior Dark Void

My OC:

Name: Horsefly
Race: Entosect (also, he has wings, so i guess he's like a pegasus, though that will offend him if you call him one)

Weapon/talents: Weapon? He chooses his own bare hoofs. When your fist is made of an exoskeleton, your punches alone can do a lot of damage. Also has the ability to control any insect (6 legs only, so no spiders), using them to sting, bite, chase foes, or defend himself or allies. Another useful talent of his, is since he is based off of a Dragonfly, he also has the eyesight of a dragonfly, which means that he is incredibly sensitive to motion, being able to sense movements up to 1/800 of a second! Plus, those Dragonfly wings means that he can fly just as agile as they do, too. So dodging attacks is a breeze for him. (yes, i'm a bug expert in real life.)

Role: Depending on environment. His natural environment is a tropical rainforest (jungle). In jungles, he chooses to be a stealthy assassin. In wide-open fields, he chooses to be in the frontlines, charging at the enemy.
Element: Numbers. (Insects have strength in numbers)
Picture: My avatar pic

Also, I would like to add weaknesses, just in case he sounds a little too OP.
Weaknesses: Cannot fly higher than Cloudsdale during the daytime, or the sun will burn up his wings, just as it did with Rarity when she had those butterfly wings. Additionally, his exoskeleton can also be a huge drawback, because if it does manage to break or crack, it can cause a LOT more damage to him than it would if he had flexible, fleshy skin.
So a medic would be of great help to him if the enemy somehow managed to break his skin.

Edited by Horsefly
  • Brohoof 1

My OC:

Name: Vorrin Lacrev

Race: earth pony

Talents and weapons: master of stealth tactics, and can easily gather information, carry or intercept messages, or assassinate a target, even when they are in the thick of battle. He is skilled with his signature chain sickle, throwing knives, and a spare dagger. One on one combat is a specialty of his. The soul in his sickle gives him power over the dark, and a host of abilities that he can use, such as shadow materialization ( he can manifest himself into an object's shadow, effectively hiding, and can even use his own shadow as a doppelgänger to aid him in a fight. The ability to literally hide in the shadows makes him perfect for the role of a bodyguard or an assassin.) night is his domain, and his chained sickle even grants him the power to see in the dark.

Role: assassin, messanger, bodyguard. They can be fulfilled as needed.

Weaknesses: while he is stealthy on his own, his sickle is what grants him his power. If wrestled away from him, the power to bend shadows to his will is lost. As a lightweight assassin, he would not fair too well if a large group of hostiles find him. Using the power that he has can eventually cause great strain on his body, and he can even die if used too much.

• Brohoof 2

My OC: 
Name: Soprano
Race: Pegasis
Weapon/talents: Expert at tactics, medical and cryptology, uses 
Role: Cryptologist / Medical expert

Weakness: Combat, physicial endurance. Lets emotions get in the way of work.
Element: Healing

• Brohoof 1

My OC: 

I think a better name for your element would be "Support". It sounds a little bit more war-like, IMO.

Ok I'll join. But if this gets to be space marine mythical shit then I'm out. Here's my OC Red Sage.

Name: Red Sage

Appearance: Red mane and tail. Grey coat.

Weapons: M16A2 with flora camouflage

Race: Earth Pony

Role: Squad Leader (if I can't do that then Corpsman)

Picture: Unless you can see inside my head then I ain't got a pic.

Ok I'll join. But if this gets to be space marine mythical shit then I'm out. Here's my OC Red Sage.

I don't think you can just claim yourself as leader...

That's Warrior Dark Void's department...

• Brohoof 1

Sorry, and I realize I did not specify, this is a more medieval style of weaponry and that level of warfare. If you would like to join, please change your weapon to something of that time period, or at least something of that style. Example: greatswords were never used as a weapon, but they fit the style of that time because of the fact that it's a type of sword.

I don't think you can just claim yourself as leader...

That's Warrior Dark Void's department...

It's fine if he wants to be a leader of a group in this, but no one will rule everyone.

Did I say I was leader or did I say squad leader. I'm by myself on this. So I would make him a leader of his own squad not leader of this RP.

That's what i meant. I meant the leader of the army in the RP.

There's no need to get hostile here. Isn't that what MLP:FIM is all about? Love and tolerance?

Sorry, and I realize I did not specify, this is a more medieval style of weaponry and that level of warfare. If you would like to join, please change your weapon to something of that time period, or at least something of that style. Example: greatswords were never used as a weapon, but they fit the style of that time because of the fact that it's a type of sword.

It's fine if he wants to be a leader of a group in this, but no one will rule everyone.

Ok, i thought he meant that he wanted to be the leader of our characters in the RP.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not getting hostile or even mad. I was just sayin I was a squad leader not a army general.

Sorry, i don't know much about military stuff, so i assumed that squad leader meant that you were the leader of the army or something like that.

Oh sorry not my style of war. I'm just gonna drop from this. BTW if you guys like WWII RPs PM me.

Oh sorry not my style of war. I'm just gonna drop from this. BTW if you guys like WWII RPs PM me.

Well that didn't last long : P

Edited by Horsefly

(edited)

Alright, thank you for understanding and sorry about the confusion.

The roleplay has begun! Please make sure you have signed up here, if I bro hoofed your post, it means you've been accepted!

http://mlpforums.com/topic/107628-elements-of-war/

Alright, thank you for understanding and sorry about the confusion.

The roleplay has begun! Please make sure you have signed up here, if I bro hoofed your post, it means you've been accepted!

http://mlpforums.com/topic/107628-elements-of-war/

Ok, i read your beginning part of the RP, but shouldn't you give us a scenario first? Like a setting, and describing to us what has happened so far? And maybe tell us where our characters are, or if they're even there yet? Sorry, but it just seems to have started out of nowhere. All i know is that you killed somepony and you're going back to the camp for healing, but i have absolutely no idea where our characters are (excluding yours), or when they come in.

Apparently, it takes place in the middle of the battle field.

I don't mean to be rude at all, but don't most RPs usually start off with a scenario description?

Ok, one last question, do we already know eachother? Or do we have to get to know eachother?
Also, sorry i hadn't posted anything in a while, but school is starting for me tomorrow, and i've been spending most of my time getting ready for school.

Edited by Horsefly

(edited)

I guess that's your choice. But judging from the fact that your OC is rather apathetic towards the whole war, (or at least from his description) I doubt our OC's would really know each other, but another side of it could be that we're old friends and I just got called out to help in the field. You could do either of those or anywhere in between. :P I'm not super pushy about this sorta thing, just go the way you think best (with common sense) and I will most likely be ok with it. If anything goes a bit over the top, ill make sure you know.

Oh yeah, and school started last week for me too, and it's been friggin crazy! 0.o

My OC: 

Actually in this medieval setting, a crusader variant would be very much appropriate...which is what I believe Soprano is looking for. 

Great-sword's were used, except never really seen much outside of the Holy Crusades; and even then, the main purpose for the great-sword's were for flanking support within castles/fortresses....and even on that note, only selected body guards with massive muscle mass, ever used them due to their size and nature. They were used, however, extensively among old Nordic tribes and for some time among post-Nordic northern Scandinavian tribes (the first Russian's)...SO it would be possible, to include them.

Edited by ParaGrunt

SORRY!!!! would've posted sooner, but I was racking my brains with how to introduce vorrin. Plus, I've had work and college prep going so that wasn't helping.

One last thing. Why exactly are these griffons and ponies attacking? Is there going to be a major reveal in the story later on?

• Brohoof 1

@dusk shade

Yes, and yours seems good. Your in!

@dirge of souls

Yes, eventually I'll reveal the reasons through a war meeting, or something similar. Ill do my best to make it add up, but if you see something, please tell me so I can tie that up or fix it :P

@Dusk Shade

It's nothing serious, but look at your first sentence in the roleplay. Could you try just a little bit harder with spelling. I'm not mad or anything, it's just a little bit hard to read :)