Rant: Why are some Bronies DEFENDING Anti-Bronies?

CosmicHooves

Because it's unprovoked. We didn't do anything to them. We just don't like them. We don't go around bashing anti-bronies, anti-bronies go around bashing us, so obviously there's backlash, that doesn't mean we're the same. They're worse because they started it, and they're hating on us for no reason other than we're different therefore fuck us.

Well no, we didn't actively provoke anything, but that doesn't mean it's without reason. They do hate for a reason, just arguably not a very good one, certainly not one that seems reasonable to us. But "he hated me first" is just as senseless a reason to hate.

Think of the Hearth's Warming Eve episode. The hatred between Chancellor Puddinghead, Princess Platinum, and Commander Hurricane wasn't provoked except by the alleged hatred of the others, and look where it got them.

Edited by Henny Penny Benny

Well no, we didn't actively provoke anything, but that doesn't mean it's without reason. They do hate for a reason, just arguably not a very good one, certainly not one that seems reasonable to us. But "he hated me first" is just as senseless a reason to hate.

There's nothing wrong with hating something. Hate is not a bad thing. It's ok to hate bad things. It's not senseless, it's common sense to hate evil. What kind of idiot wouldn't hate a group of people that bash them for no reason other than being different? I hate them for the same reason I hate racists, and bigotry.

Edited by Guest

There's nothing wrong with hating something. Hate is not a bad thing. It's ok to hate bad things. It's not senseless, it's common sense to hate evil. What kind of idiot wouldn't hate a group of people that bash them for no reason other than being different? I hate them for the same reason I hate racists, and bigotry.

If there is nothing wrong with hating, it is hardly sensible to fault others for their hatred of bronies and bronydom. After all, bronydom is hardly some True and Ultimate Good, so hating it and its followers could scarcely be called more than mildly unpleasant. But let's ditch the banter about justifying hatred and get into the meat of what hatred really is.

To hate someone is to wish the absolute worst for that person.  It is to be glad​ that a person is evil for his sake so that your hatred and disgust can be ever justified. It is to look at the evil a person has done and hope for his sake that his evil would grow and grow so that your hatred of him can grow with it. It is to wish that this person would be utterly stripped of his humanity by his own wicked desires. It is to hope that there is a heaven and hell and that this person has an immortal soul, just so he can live a life of exponentially increasing evil and spend all eternity in agonizing, burning, twisted darkness. And on top of all that, it is to be utterly in denial of one's own wrongdoings. It is arrogant, prideful, and ignorant.

Allow C.S. Lewis to explain the alternative:

It is laid down in the Christian rule, 'Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.'[...] Well, how exactly do I love myself?

Now that I come to think of it, I have not exactly got a feeling of fondness or affection for myself, and I do not even always enjoy my own society.[...] Do I think well of myself, think myself a nice chap? Well, I am afraid I sometimes do (and those are, no doubt, my worst moments) but that is not why I love myself. In fact, it is the other way round: my self-love makes me think myself nice, but thinking myself nice is not why I love myself. So loving my enemies does not apparently mean thinking them nice either.[...] Go a step further. In my most clear-sighted moments not only do I not think myself a nice man, but I know that I am a very nasty one. I can look at some of the things I have done with horror and loathing. So apparently I am allowed to loathe and hate some of the things my enemies do.[...]

For a long time I used to think this a silly, straw-splitting distinction: how could you hate what a man did and not hate the man? But years later it occurred to me that there was one man to whom I had been doing this all my life—namely myself. However much I might dislike my own cowardice or conceit or greed, I went on loving myself. There had never been the slightest difficulty about it. In fact the very reason why I hated the things was that I loved the man. Just because I loved myself, I was sorry to find that I was the sort of man who did those things.[...]

The real test is this. Suppose one reads a story of filthy atrocities in the paper. Then suppose that something turns up suggesting that the story might not be quite true, or not quite so bad as it was made out. Is one's first feeling, 'Thank God, even they aren't quite so bad as that,' or is it a feeling of disappointment, and even a determination to cling to the first story for the sheer pleasure of thinking your enemies as bad as possible?[...]

We may kill if necessary [as in war or to punish a heinous crime], but we must not hate and enjoy hating. We may punish if necessary, but we must not enjoy it. In other words, something inside us, the feeling of resentment, the feeling that wants to get one's own back, must be simply killed. I do not mean that anyone can decide this moment that he will never feel it any more. That is not how things happen. I mean that every time it bobs its head up, day after day, year after year, all our lives long, we must hit it on the head. It is hard work, but the attempt is not impossible. Even while we kill and punish we must try to feel about the enemy as we feel about ourselves—to wish that he were not so bad, to hope that he may, in this world or another, be cured: in fact, to wish his good.

I apologize if I come off as abrasive or offensive, as such is not my intention. I have nothing whatever against you; this is merely a topic on which I am passionately opinionated.  :)

Hatred can never solve an issue, only postpone it.How could it, when you never even bother to talk to the opposite side? When both sides stop communicating, and only meet to attack each other, nothing changes, and nothing ever will.Hatred doesn't solve hatred because it can't; the world just stops moving until you're ready to love.

• Brohoof 2

Hatred can never solve an issue, only postpone it.How could it, when you never even bother to talk to the opposite side? When both sides stop communicating, and only meet to attack each other, nothing changes, and nothing ever will.Hatred doesn't solve hatred because it can't; the world just stops moving until you're ready to love.

Internet arguments never go anywhere. You might as well save your energy and ignore it. They're gonna hate you know matter what you say, you're not gonna change their mind, so why bother? Waste of time.

Edited by Guest

Internet arguments never go anywhere. You might as well save your energy and ignore it. They're gonna hate you know matter what you say, you're not gonna change their mind, so why bother? Waste of time.

Have you ever tried having a rational conversation with them? Though they probably won't ever come to love you or what you do, perhaps they may come to respect your opinion. At the worst, they'll leave because they're not getting a negative reaction out of you. But maybe there is a chance you could make them understand...Certainly doesn't hurt to try.

• Brohoof 2

Fun fact: I used to be one of those haters. You should open your mind more.

• Brohoof 3

76561198044017234.png
Feel free to add me on steam if you want to play something. Also don't be afraid to message and talk to me. I've had bad luck when I start a conversation, so I more then likely won't start one.

Anti-bronies are rude, yes. But, as bronies we're supposed to use "love and tolerance". We're supposed to forgive and forget.

However, I feel that this fandom has fallen so far from that; getting sucked up in their own pride. The moment you start condemning them for their thoughts, makes you no better than them. It makes you a liar. It makes you a deceiver. It makes you a hypocrite.

There are hateful people out there, and we're just gonna have to deal with it. If there was ever a time to exercise our fandom's teachings, it'd be when we're attacked.

Stop using love and tolerance as a catchphrase until you start living it.

Edited by Little Light
  • Brohoof 3

sigpic203744_1.gif

Fun fact: I used to be one of those haters. You should open your mind more.

Nonsense. I'm not close-minded. You are the exception, not the rule.

Anti-bronies are rude, yes. But, as bronies we're supposed to use "love and tolerance".

Says who? My actions are dictated by my own values, morales and experiences, not the consensus of a group. The best way to deal with toxic people are to tell them to stop and if they do great but if they don't then just ignore them and move on. 

However, I feel that this fandom has fallen so far from that; getting sucked up in their own pride. The moment you start condemning them for their thoughts, makes you no better than them.

We're not condemning them for their thoughts, we're condemning them for their actions. Which is perfectly normal. I wouldn't accept this kind of behavior in real life so why the hell would I tolerate it over the internet?

There are hateful people out there, and we're just gonna have to deal with it. If there was ever a time to exercise our fandom's teachings, it'd be when we're attacked.

People have different ways of dealing with other people. Letting them walk all over you is not how I deal with bullies.

Stop using love and tolerance as a catchphrase until you start living it.

I don't know where this 'catchphrase' came from but I think it's overly simplistic. The way I deal with venomous comment is much more nuanced then simply 'loving and tolerating' them. That's just silly.

Edited by Guest

Says who? My actions are dictated by my own values, morales and experiences, not the consensus of a group. The best way to deal with toxic people are to tell them to stop and if they do great but if they don't then just ignore them and move on. 

Good job. Thinking for yourself. But you missed my point. If we are in this fandom we are willing to put social norms aside to enjoy something. If we have a soft enough heart to enjoy cute and colorful ponies learning about friendship, why can't we learn to forgive and forget?

We're not condemning them for their thoughts, we're condemning them for their actions. Which is perfectly normal. I wouldn't accept this kind of behavior in real life so why the hell would I tolerate it over the internet?

If one expresses their thought aloud, they're thinking out loud. I say that to say, I've seen bronies condemn and hate others simply for having an opinion. Is it a biased opinion, yes, but who are we to judge? 

People have different ways of dealing with other people. Letting them walk all over you is not how I deal with bullies.

They're not walking on you until they get physical. If they call you gay or autistic or something, so what? You know what you are, don't have another's description of you dictate who you are. 

Now, once they start getting physical, then it's okay to defend yourself. But if someone expresses their opinion, verbally, do NOT retaliate. It kindles the fire, and you're back at square one.

I don't know where this 'catchphrase' came from but I think it's overly simplistic. The way I deal with venomous comment is much more nuanced then simply 'loving and tolerating' them. That's just silly.

Tolerating one's actions is not "silly". It's the kind thing to do. If someone spews hate at you, why fight back? Fighting back gives them the notion that your threatened by their opinion. IF they keep attacking you, verbally, and you don't fight back, they'll eventually start looking retarded saying the same things over and over again. 

Over time, if you keep a calm and meek mind, they'll give up.

Edited by Little Light
  • Brohoof 2

sigpic203744_1.gif

It doesn't bother me much.

They're free to spew shit out of their fingers and mouths all day if they want.

At the end of the day, I'll still be the happy one–with friends, even.

Good job. Thinking for yourself. But you missed my point. If we are in this fandom we are willing to put social norms aside to enjoy something. If we have a soft enough heart to enjoy cute and colorful ponies learning about friendship, why can't we learn to forgive and forget?

I'm not above forgiving and forgetting but that is not the same as letting internet bullies walk all over me. Forgive and forget is something you do after someone apologizes for their actions, acknowledging that they were wrong and regret what they've said.

I've one expresses their thought aloud, they're thinking out loud. I say that to say, I've seen bronies condemn and hate others simply for having an opinion. Is it a biased opinion, yes, but who are we to judge?

You can get your thoughts and opinions across without being toxic. If you can't, then you should be judged because that's what human beings do. We judge people who do things we think are wrong. And I think spouting hateful and ignorants comments warrants judgement. We're not judging them for having a difference of opinion, we're judging them for how they express that difference of opinion. 

They're not walking on you until they get physical. If they call you gay or autistic or something, so what?

Words hurt. That's all I have to say about that.

You know what you are, don't have another's description of you dictate who you are.

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that they are still being mean, and it hurts.

Over time, if you keep a calm and meek mind, they'll give up.

This is exactly my point, and the way you do this is to not engage them, Or if you are going to engage them, do it once and then leave, that way you get express how you feel about their comment, and maybe they see what a tool they're being. Win win.

Edited by Guest

Some of them aren't really against Bronies, just the crappy ones. I think a good portion of our fandom is cringeworthy. Yeah, there are a lot of nice, and talented people in this fandom, but there are a lot who will respond to troll comments with lots of profanity and misspelling, making them easy targets. And it doesn't help how people make pony references EVERYWHERE, although I don't think we do it much more than with other fandoms, and much of the hate is unwarranted. People just tend to hate things that get too mainstream, and with the fact that the main demographic is little girls, it just makes us a very convenient target.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.” — Mark Twain

i can understand it, cause i feel our fandom is a good one but there are some people in it which people look at and think are freaks or that they taking their fandom too far :wacko: to the point of being really rude :okiedokielokie: and quite a few bronies get really defensive over an opinion . 

post-8120-0-21732900-1364322448.png

I've put my post in a spoiler. I did so because it could be seen as offensive if taken out of context. If you opt to read it, remember that I don't intend to spread ill will, and I only use the offensive statement as an example; I don't actually mean it.

All bronies are horrible people and you need to kill yourselves.

What've I've just stated is an opinion. However, it's still bullying. We shouldn't just sit back and allow bullying to continue. Am I saying we should try to yell them into submission? No. In fact, I can easily say the the ones who are doing just that aren't helping in the slightest, but the fact that there are people here defending bullying is... there's no way around it; it's disgusting.

there is a difference bullying is being rude but u can have a negative opinion and not bully, the main thing is you need to be constructive in how to justified your opinion.

Example bullying " i hate rainbow dash she sucks so hard i hate her people that like her are stupid". example of opinion "i hate rainbow dash because i feel her character is a bit too egotistical and she can be hurtful to other and fans of her don't really mention these points to her character "

btw i like rainbow dash , this is an example of what im trying to say. hope i make sense B)    

post-8120-0-21732900-1364322448.png

Judging others is judging yourself, basically, and it's usually based upon fear. Fear was ment to keep some degree of ignorance between humanity, to hide its true nature. But it has been kind of a lot of time since the first human was born. As long as you act under fear, you're restraining yourself alone in ignorance. Fear is always lack of information, in a society built under prejuice.

This prejuice, this little narrow way of mind you have set up for yourself and others, is often the source of everything you fear. Open your mind, don't be afraid. Let yourself experience this life.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe because the anti-bronies have their reasons to hate or dislike what bronies enjoy. Though their concept is just stupid.

No some are trolling some hate the clopers and Pedo's they think dominate the fandom. The clopping confuses me as well and I don't get it or find them attractive I thought it was dark humar at first. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd share my views and something particularly humourous.

Now anti-bronies come in all shapes and sizes but the vast majority on them fester and grow on Youtube, pony-related pages and forum sites. Typically, an anti-brony in its natural habitat will put down anything pony-related (profile picture included) by using the phrases "ponyfags", "pedophiles", "gays", "horsefuckers" etc, usually without substantiation and logical reasoning.

I am not against free speech or dissent but I normally find the actions of anti-bronies vacuous and generally irksome. Now, take this latest imbecile I chanced across whilst on TV.com. It was so hilariously bad that I just had to share this.

post-19182-0-94134000-1411226027_thumb.png

As you may notice, he has given universally hated shows such as Sanjay and Craig, Uncle Grandpa, The Problem Solverz full marks. If you visit his profile at http://www.tv.com/users/AwesomeDude12/ratings/ and read his 'enlightening' observations, you will see that he constantly alludes to a good show requiring fart jokes, inebriation and other banal and carnal tendencies, while disparaging generally acclaimed ones such as The Powerpuff Girls and Friendship Is Magic. Even his profile description "I'm a super cool gangsta"

Now everyone deserves his or her own opinion, but this is stupidity and unintelligence taken to an extreme. In all honesty, this idiot is one to speak as he probably lives in his parents' basement, watches pornography all day and is probably an advocate of what I call modern day bullshit (celebrity culture, idolisation, Justin Bieber etc.). This kind of troll has probably never done anything useful in his life, possesses an IQ of less than 70 and is no better than a canker and a tumour which should be cut off. I am sure world will lose nothing if this AwesomeDude12 dropped dead. In fact, I feel more pity for this pathetic piece of human waste than actual malice.

Yeah, so idiots like pollute the internet everywhere so the best approach is to start a flame-war and my advice to all bronies is to refrain from sounding extreme in opinions and to take this commonplace garbage with a pinch of salt. Just remember that the majority of us are automatically better and above than this trollers, flamers and other spammers. As Rarity would say, "Some of us do have standards."

@@ShadowPhoenix, that Gangsta Fish dude is obviously messing around though and is not serious, so I don't think he's a fair example. Also, to be fair, I can speak from experience in that a lot of anti-Bronies honestly don't care that much and simply do it to get reactions, just like any other Internet denizen who bashes people over silly things.

• Brohoof 1

RainblowHash.gif

#bringbackmerriwetherwillaims

Just thought I'd share my views and something particularly humourous.

Now anti-bronies come in all shapes and sizes but the vast majority on them fester and grow on Youtube, pony-related pages and forum sites. Typically, an anti-brony in its natural habitat will put down anything pony-related (profile picture included) by using the phrases "ponyfags", "pedophiles", "gays", "horsefuckers" etc, usually without substantiation and logical reasoning.

I am not against free speech or dissent but I normally find the actions of anti-bronies vacuous and generally irksome. Now, take this latest imbecile I chanced across whilst on TV.com. It was so hilariously bad that I just had to share this.

attachicon.gifAn Idiot.png

As you may notice, he has given universally hated shows such as Sanjay and Craig, Uncle Grandpa, The Problem Solverz full marks. If you visit his profile at http://www.tv.com/users/AwesomeDude12/ratings/ and read his 'enlightening' observations, you will see that he constantly alludes to a good show requiring fart jokes, inebriation and other banal and carnal tendencies, while disparaging generally acclaimed ones such as The Powerpuff Girls and Friendship Is Magic. Even his profile description "I'm a super cool gangsta"

Now everyone deserves his or her own opinion, but this is stupidity and unintelligence taken to an extreme. In all honesty, this idiot is one to speak as he probably lives in his parents' basement, watches pornography all day and is probably an advocate of what I call modern day bullshit (celebrity culture, idolisation, Justin Bieber etc.). This kind of troll has probably never done anything useful in his life, possesses an IQ of less than 70 and is no better than a canker and a tumour which should be cut off. I am sure world will lose nothing if this AwesomeDude12 dropped dead. In fact, I feel more pity for this pathetic piece of human waste than actual malice.

Yeah, so idiots like pollute the internet everywhere so the best approach is to start a flame-war and my advice to all bronies is to refrain from sounding extreme in opinions and to take this commonplace garbage with a pinch of salt. Just remember that the majority of us are automatically better and above than this trollers, flamers and other spammers. As Rarity would say, "Some of us do have standards."

There seems to be a striking correlation between the ratings given and the intelligence of the poster. 10's, 9's, and 8's tend to be well spoken and understanding, while 1's... not so much.