Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rant: Why are some Bronies DEFENDING Anti-Bronies?

CosmicHooves

I feel like we need a review on COMMON SENSE.

I have noticed some bronies have been defending Anti-Bronies.

The bronies that do this usually put down their own fandom and say "Well they probably have a good reason for hating the show."

First of all, you can hate MLP and NOT be an anti-brony.

If I hate Africa am I racist against black people from Africa?

No!

Anti-Bronies HATE BRONIES.

Not the JUST show.

The fans who love and watch the show.

And I'm not just talking one or two Bronies.

They HATE EVERYONE who is a Brony.

They are the ones who go around in the YouTube comments calling Bronies faggots, pedophiles, and much much worse.

Some of you might be thinking, "Well that's your definition an Anti-Brony."

Really?

This is the definition of an Anti-Brony according the urban dictionary:

"Anti bronies will specifically go out of their way to spew whatever they can against bronies to the point of making their own anti brony Facebook pages, YouTube channels, (I shit you not) anti brony Call of Duty threads, and whatever they can get their grubby little hands on.

They are typically found in the ages between 10-30 (mostly 13, go figure) and, like some bronies, are the most annoying things you can find on the Internet.

Not only will they spam anything pony-related, but they make their own (albeit shitty) anti brony rap songs, anti brony Minecraft servers, even break the fucking law to deface pony murals, and so on.

Anything that a brony might do that annoys you, anti bronies have sure covered it, except it's a thousand times more annoying because, well, at least bronies enjoy themselves when they do pony-stuff, they don't watch My Little Pony to write bios with (LITERALLY) over 9,000 characters in text why the show sucks."

Sure we have our bad folks in the fandom, but is that we're all about?

Of course not.

Anti-Bronies are a hate and you CANNOT defend the actions of a hate group.

Edited by Emerald Starlight
  • Brohoof 4

Well, it's their opinion, and they're allowed to express it.

Likewise we may despise was groups like the KKK and the Westboro Baptist Church stand for & shout about, but they're free to have those beliefs.

I may disagree with the so-called 'anti' group, but I won't get in the way of what they're saying.

• Brohoof 10

We live in America with first amendment rights. They can say all they want, but until they go out and harm, or god forbid, kill someone for being a brony, they are well within their rights.

Not with the NSA up our butts. I mean heh lol.

I think it's just some kind of inferiority complex kicking in. They like the show but are defending them as a last ditch effort to avoid feeling their wrath, rather than actually agreeing with them. 

That's what it seems like to me, at least. They just don't want to be hated and are trying to win them over, but in reality, there's no winning those guys over, given they want to hate bronies.

Just what it feels like to me, though.

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

Likewise we may despise was groups like the KKK and the Westboro Baptist Church stand for & shout about, but they're free to have those beliefs.

I may disagree with the so-called 'anti' group, but I won't get in the way of what they're saying.

Yeah you have a point, but what I am mostly ticked off about is the fact that some Bronies want to change the meaning of the word "anti-brony".

They always classify them as people who hate the show.

That is NOT who Anti-Bronies are.

They don't JUST hate the show, they hate the people who watch the show.

Edited by Emerald Starlight
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah you have a point, but what I am mostly ticked off about is the fact that some Bronies want to change the meaning of the word "anti-brony".

They always classify them as people who hates the show.

I can agree with that, but I also agree with letting them pout while we move on with our lives :)

• Brohoof 1

They always classify them as people who hates the show.

Well, so? If that is the prerogative, then let it be. It really shouldn't bother you or us.

It is what it is; just let it be.

• Brohoof 2

We are in the segretion period of MLP since it's due to run for 5 more seasons and then of course end, 

I doubt we will actually reach the acceptance period.

We should stick to our ghettos until we get the all clear it's okay to go and mix with the rest of society.

Well, so? If that is the prerogative, then let it be. It really shouldn't bother you or us.

It is what it is; just let it be.

How can I not be bothered by Bronies who deny common sense?

Just as they have the freedom to be wrong, I have the freedom to be bothered by how wrong they are.

How can I not be bothered by Bronies who deny common sense?

Just as they have the freedom to be wrong, I have the freedom to be bothered by how wrong they are.

Fair enough. I'll leave it at that then.

• Brohoof 2

Frankly, they're just people like anyone else. Very opinionated people, granted, but still just people. And it's certainly not as though being a brony is akin to race or ethnicity. Bronyhood is quite entirely a choice. If some people think that choice is stupid, well they're free to think that. And I'm free to disagree with them. But in the end, it's all just a matter of personal opinion anyway.

I reckon, as some folk have said, that as long as they're not doing legitimate damage—harassing or threatening bronies online or actually attacking bronies in real life—they're free to keep their opinions. Although to the extent that anyone actually hates bronies for being bronies, I cannot defend them. Hatred is hatred, regardless of the reason behind it, and I can't think of a single instance in which it's justified.

• Brohoof 4

The bronies who go around 'defending the fandom' when they could just get on with their lives are why anti-brony brony supporters exist.

Yes, but that's not all we consist of.

There are some pretty cool things that come out of this fandom.

Antibronies consist of JUST hate, but hey.

I can't stop them.

They have their rights.

But in the end, it's all just a matter of personal opinion anyway.

:confused:

Since when does it being a matter of their personal opinion mean anything at all? Are you basically saying it's alright for them to hate a group of people for being different and liking what they don't?

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but nothing wears on my nerves quicker than the "it's an opinion" argument in any context. 

Yes, it's an opinion. That does NOT make it correct in any sense of the word :confused: Hell, man, some of my opinions are wrong, too, I'm sure of it.

The word "opinion" doesn't mean anything in a serious argument unless you're giving your reasoning behind it, and really, having an opinion to hate and harass people for what they like isn't an opinion, it's just being a dick, first off, and secondly, just because they feel that way doesn't mean anything in terms of accepting that behavior. 

Of course they feel that way. Of course that's their opinion. I mean, really? It's obvious that's the case - anyone with eyes can see that. But what grants them any kind of immunity for having people not like their opinions? That's what debate is, and when someone throws out the "it's just an opinion" argument, that's almost like waving the white flag.

In short, just because it's their opinion doesn't make any difference. What matters is what makes that opinion acceptable - and I'm not going to go clubbing everyone over the head and make them think what I want them to think, but damn, I really find fault in accepting people's harassment and the fact they cause harm to others "just because it's their opinion."

• Brohoof 12