Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do people think Tirek was the final antagonist?

ggg-2

that was a bad fan fic ok not bad but it wss ok I guess the one I loved though was tale of one shadow as a backing story as it seems somewhat plausable and the song gave it the emotion doubt they would use that though but yeah I agree give him another villanous chance to redeem himself

Tale of One Shadow is kind of confusing. What was Sombra trying to accomplish with dark magic? Did power corrupt him, and then his corruption took over him?

That's interesting, very similar to what happened to his inspiration Sauron, and what could be Grogar in G4.

I think his relationship with the crystal pony wouldn't have worked, it just doesn't make sense. 

Hades wasn't evil though... He was actually one of the least evil greek gods...

Hades has been shown in a few different ways, in actual mythology you are right, but some of the independent stories and such make him out to be a total badass evil dude, He just seems so fitting, also mlp can change greek mythology (they have before) to make hades mor evil

Tale of One Shadow is kind of confusing. What was Sombra trying to accomplish with dark magic? Did power corrupt him, and then his corruption took over him?

That's interesting, very similar to what happened to his inspiration Sauron, and what could be Grogar in G4.

I think his relationship with the crystal pony wouldn't have worked, it just doesn't make sense.

true but what I liked was it gave some questions like what if he was good and what if he used magick and it drove him to darkness. Among other questions. Its the questionable ideas behind it why I like it. All the what ifs make it good to me.

Hades has been shown in a few different ways, in actual mythology you are right, but some of the independent stories and such make him out to be a total badass evil dude, He just seems so fitting, also mlp can change greek mythology (they have before) to make hades mor evil

I'm pretty tired of destroying mythology and lying to children about certain mythos. It's not right. Just like they did in the Hercules Disney movie, where Hades is hilariously evil. 

Still, even if I love this villain, he's incredibly inaccurate.

I'm pretty tired of destroying mythology and lying to children about certain mythos. It's not right. Just like they did in the Hercules Disney movie, where Hades is hilariously evil. 

Still, even if I love this villain, he's incredibly inaccurate.

Kids will learn the truth  through school, I learned about greek mythology and now some stuff about hades, so I wouldn't mind if they changed him for mlp. But honestly, If not hades, than I want to see a mega powerful anarchist pony, he/she does not care for power, control or anything, she just wants destruction, not like discord where "chaos is fun" but more like zaheer in legend of korra, he is downing the worlds leaders and causing chaos, but not the fun kind...

EDIT: yeah bad explanation, Someone who loves destruction and anarchy, but it is only doing it for the thrill of destruction 

Edited by ryanmahaffe

Kids will learn the truth  through school, I learned about greek mythology and now some stuff about hades, so I wouldn't mind if they changed him for mlp. But honestly, If not hades, than I want to see a mega powerful anarchist pony, he/she does not care for power, control or anything, she just wants destruction, not like discord where "chaos is fun" but more like zaheer in legend of korra, he is downing the worlds leaders and causing chaos, but not the fun kind...

similar to the joker played by heath ledger?

similar to the joker played by heath ledger?

Never saw those movies more like this one chick form league of legends 

I dont play the game but she is the perfect representation of what I am thinking...

actually school doesnt teach truth it teaches what it wants I didnt learn much through school at all mainly because I was bullied but also because they would rather we learn what the government wants us to hence why most cultures are dying out its because we arent told about them. Im scottish and know little about my own countries past besides from a movie starring mel gibson. We learn only what they want us to learn so schools to me are utterly useless.

actually school doesnt teach truth it teaches what it wants I didnt learn much through school at all mainly because I was bullied but also because they would rather we learn what the government wants us to hence why most cultures are dying out its because we arent told about them. Im scottish and know little about my own countries past besides from a movie starring mel gibson. We learn only what they want us to learn so schools to me are utterly useless.

Well at least for me we learned quite a bit about greek mythology in history, while studying greece.

Well at least for me we learned quite a bit about greek mythology in history, while studying greece.

atleast thats something. Mythology is a fascinating subject and whats more amazing is near most myths are made up of real legends. Theres always somebody trying to prove mythology as real.

Tirek was, without a doubt the toughest adversary Twilight faced yet. He easily overwhelmed all the other powers, discord included. That could be part of the reason. The episode itself gave off the vibe of Twilight coming to the end of line after a long journey, so that may have felt like the proper way to end it - a final challenge.

That being said, we don't yet know where she'll go from here - it would be premature to assume things like this.

Edited by Terminus
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I think a lot of it had to do with it being such a big episode that it almost felt...epic, I suppose. Add in that badass of a villain (3rd to Sombra & Chrysalis in my view) and that terrific battle sequence, I could understand why some would think that.

Come back just for revenge? That's just like Chrysalis on the comics. Nothing original. There is no reason for Sombra to return. Maybe his horn would have some significance, since it was the only part that survived, but no, Sombra will not return. Unless they make him as bad-ass as the fandom makes him.

Also, I think NMM could beat him, since she was an alicorn, and was slightly stronger than Celestia. Though the sisters needed the Elements to defeat him. Rather weird, because Sombra was just a mere unicorn.

Sombra is already badass to some of us; thank you. We don't need fanon for that. :P

Well, I think a lot of it had to do with it being such a big episode that it almost felt...epic, I suppose. Add in that badass of a villain (3rd to Sombra & Chrysalis in my view) and that terrific battle sequence, I could understand why some would think that.

Sombra is already badass to some of us; thank you. We don't need fanon for that. :P

actually sombra is the only villain we could really do with exploring more as there was no intro like nightmare moon had and very little reference to his past and connection to the chrystal empire.

That reminds me of a character very similar to Discord from the 2001's cartoon called Samurai Jack, one of my favourite cartoons of all time.

Aku, the main villain, a hilarious yet threatening monster who has practically conquered the Universe by sending his rival who wields the only weapon that can harm him into the future.

But it's better if the Intro of the show explains it to you.

Samurai Jack was badass as hell loved that show to death

>_> Huh... OK, I guess his design and lines are cool. He's actually one of my favourites from the show, but there isn't that much to him.

Samurai Jack was badass as hell loved that show to death

Gotta love Samurai Jack.

Gotta love Aku.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120220222906/samuraijack/es/images/6/6a/Aku_by_Mystic_Forces.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Tirek was definitely bad news. He was insanely powerful as a villain and the writers were unfortunately reduced to Deus ex Iridis to deal with him. As such, it will be hard to top without some inventive storytelling.

I sincerely hope this isn't the case because without new antagonists season 5 could turn out to be incredibly dull. I enjoy all the old antagonists but what more can really be done with them?

Chrysalis could in theory come back

While I enjoy Trixie, any return by her would be forced at best

Discord's mischief is always fun but he can only do so much fore he gets dull

Luna is reformed and having her go evil again is just lazy writing

The dragon bullies in that one spike ep, the name of which eludes me, were cheap throw away characters.

I'm sure we will see more villains/antagonists and it was just some misinformation thrown up on the wiki else the show will start to get a tad dull.

Tirek was definitely bad news. He was insanely powerful as a villain and the writers were unfortunately reduced to Deus ex Iridis to deal with him. As such, it will be hard to top without some inventive storytelling.

I don't think the show needs to "top" Tirek per say. They just need to come up with a different plot with good writing. Sure a Discord or Tirek character is hard to come by, but I have faith in the writers and show to at least produce someone at least halfway decent.

I would hate to see the show devolve into a power creep like Naruto, Dragon Ball and Bleach has, but given the nature of the show, I am hopeful the show won't head towards that direction.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think the show needs to "top" Tirek per say. They just need to come up with a different plot with good writing. Sure a Discord or Tirek character is hard to come by, but I have faith in the writers and show to at least produce someone at least halfway decent.

I would hate to see the show devolve into a power creep like Naruto, Dragon Ball and Bleach has, but given the nature of the show, I am hopeful the show won't head towards that direction.

Well, I've always been of the opinion that it's what happens between a season's premiere and finale that are the best reasons to watch the show.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I've always been of the opinion that it's what happens between a season's premiere and finale that are the best reasons to watch the show.

Agreed wholeheartedly. We put our expectations a tad high when waiting for Season finales and pilots. The in betweens offer the slices of life and everything else.  Its rare if not hard and often impossible to find and fit in different character interactions and emotions into something as big and simultaneously compact as a finale or pilot, which demands good handling.

People overlook the fact that often times, the other episodes have just as much, if not more effort and quality put into them. Character aspects and interactions such as this:

its not about power in th the show remember its about the girls friendship and how they deal with it and the issues thrown at them. The problem I had was tirek only thought twi but what if they all faced him at full power? Or even what if they came across foreign ponies with opposite abilities? There is much potential for bad guys n more room for the girls to grow and explore.