Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think vinyl scratch will ever be more then a background character?

Zer0xxPony

Umm seen in Rainbow rocks she has ALREADY come out of the background a little (along with Octavia) however we have yet to get lines and so on from her...we see a little of her personality (pretty much how the fandom sees her) and a little more so I bet she is going to come out a little but not too often.

Nah. They will put her as a secondary, strong silent type character.

With all the fanon around her, and with her not even having a VA for EqG2, and the short that stared her. I do not see her being a main character, but I can certainly see them using her more often as a one off gag character in an episode, or as a silent secondary character that only assists in the plot, rather than moving it forward herself.

In terms of fan recognition and response, Vinyl is second only to Derpy among background ponies in the show, so I think it's inevitable she will eventually have a line or two. But they will want to do it right this time, not merely as a response to the fans as was the case with Derpy's disastrous original appearance with a speaking role, so that may be why they haven't done so yet.