Marimo

http://mlp.derpynews.com/friendship-is-magic-24-preview/

Got a preview of issue #24!

MY LITTLE PONY FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC #24
(W) Jeremy Whitley (A) Brenda Hickey (CA) Amy Mebberson, Brenda Hickey
Discord knows Fluttershy loves animals, so decides to take her and the Cutie Mark Crusaders on a trip through time so they can see some of the amazing animals of Equestria’s past! Unfortunately, some of them aren’t so friendly. And Discord CAN remember how to get back home… right?

• 2 weeks later...

Fluttercord confiremd.

Also, Discord apparently really 'likes' cats.

"There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt."

"Prayer cleanses the soul, Pain cleanses the body."

"He who follows Chaos, shall suffer for eternity."

Discord confirmed furry.

post-23625-0-89227400-1412813279_thumb.jpg

Oh bro, you don't even know man. You don't even know.

As for what I thought of the issue, if I were to rate it I would give it a 6/10. The ending was very abrupt, but it did some nice things to establish some background for Discord, and potentially sow some seeds for a flutterchord ship. The dialog was meh, not amazing but not cringe worthy and most of the humor in the issue came from the overload of references (mainly doctor who for some reason, all these references and the hipster crowd that follows is just makes me not want to see the show). Overall it was just a largely harmless romp that gave 2 pieces of discords background.

• Brohoof 1

I thought it was a pretty hilarious issue. I don't even like Dr. Who but still thought the references were a lot of fun. The CMC were probably a bit underused. I was totally all for the hints towards Discord's feelings for Fluttershy. I ship those two. Just wish it would happen for real in the show.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Discord just seems like one big go ahead for the writers and artists to just throw in as many pop-culture references as they can. Doctor Who shout outs as far as the eye can see, and if you squint hard enough you can just make out the space where the fourth wall should have been before Discord took a sledgehammer to it. It starts to wear thin after awhile. 

Still, despite all that, it was a cute little issue all things considered. I especially liked the little trip to the days of the pyramids and the jackals...though it does lead to a bit of fringe horror when you realize that this means the Nightmare has likely been around since before recorded history.

MLPForums "Self-Proclaimed" Kamen Rider Nut
Now, count up your sins!
I do Traditional commissions, by the way! See them HERE!

post-8308-0-43031100-1429818502.png

Banner was done by the wonderful Kyoshi.

• 1 month later...

I thought it was a fun issue. I'll agree that the ending was abrupt, but the beginning and middle sections were entertaining enough to make up for it. Discord definitely lived up to his chaotic nature, and he seems to have had...some...experience with the rebel leader, hehe.

Of course it wasn't perfect, but it was good for what it was. 7 Ataris out of 10.

0C974976-AEAC-473F-A904-E17FE9F80486.png
Pathfinder I Sojourner I CorsairZu'hra I Autumn | Scarlet Willow | Gypsy | Silverthorn | Crystal Whisper | Radiant Historia | And many other OCs~
Matching signatures with mah Bestie MOONLIGHT <3

• 1 year later...

To be fair, she somehow "borrowed" enough power from the Tree Of Harmony map, and we all know the Tree > everything else.

Good point. That may actually explain how Starlight Glimmer got enough magic and power to pull it off as Tree of Harmony is superior to all seen in the show.