Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology The Glorious PC master race thread

Yourmomsponies

Borrowed my roommate's SP1 disc. Still being slow.

Removed 8GB of RAM. Still being slow.

Restored all BIOS settings to motherboard's defaults. Still being slow.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Borrowed my roommate's SP1 disc. Still being slow.

Removed 8GB of RAM. Still being slow.

Restored all BIOS settings to motherboard's defaults. Still being slow.

Different SATA port?

Different SATA cable?

:< i'm having some really bad problems with my pootpoot

I'm having this thing where if i put my computer on sleep it then doesnt boot back up, and after resetting the cmos it tells me the BIOS has been corrupted :< and recently i had to take out some RAM cause i was getting blue screens.

i need new RAM anyhow by the looks of it, but i wonder if it's related to the current issue.

X79 UD3 mobo (gigabyte)

:< i'm having some really bad problems with my pootpoot

I'm having this thing where if i put my computer on sleep it then doesnt boot back up, and after resetting the cmos it tells me the BIOS has been corrupted :< and recently i had to take out some RAM cause i was getting blue screens.

i need new RAM anyhow by the looks of it, but i wonder if it's related to the current issue.

X79 UD3 mobo (gigabyte)

Keep an eye out for more problems like that, you may have to RMA the motherboard if the problems persist.

Keep an eye out for more problems like that, you may have to RMA the motherboard if the problems persist.

:< Oh god i hope not the motherboard, I just got it newish 5-6 odd months ago. i was suspecting it might be the RAM cause i'm getting a 16gb reading in windows (7 ultimate 64bit) and 24gb reading in speccy.

if it is the motherboard then erhhg X79 boards aren't cheap :(

:< Oh god i hope not the motherboard, I just got it newish 5-6 odd months ago. i was suspecting it might be the RAM cause i'm getting a 16gb reading in windows (7 ultimate 64bit) and 24gb reading in speccy.

if it is the motherboard then erhhg X79 boards aren't cheap :(

If it's under warranty, RMAing it should be free. Just keep an eye out, but that BIOS error makes it sound like a motherboard issue.

Hey guys, just a question. After I install a system, am I able to swap SATA cable positions when the system is powered down? Because my Samsung HD320KJ and Crucial MX100 are displaying in the wrong order.

Hey guys, just a question. After I install a system, am I able to swap SATA cable positions when the system is powered down? Because my Samsung HD320KJ and Crucial MX100 are displaying in the wrong order.

Yes, just check your boot order when you restart.

One was free(PC Gamer givaway) and other came in a bundle.

How bad are they on a Xbox360 gamepad?

They're OK but you really need a wheel to get the full experience. It's a lot more hardcore than the console sims for sure.

Trying to disable my IDE, GSATA, and floppy controllers. Let's see if this works.

Edit: Good God, this is so freaking frustrating. Still can't install Windows.

Edit 2: Finally got it to work. Had to install W7 over my HDD and then clone the installation over to my SSD. But now I have another problem. I'm getting constant freezes, bluescreens, and erratic system shutdowns everytime I write any large portion of data to the SSD.

DoTm9vJ.png

Edited by Regulus

Trying to disable my IDE, GSATA, and floppy controllers. Let's see if this works.

Edit: Good God, this is so freaking frustrating. Still can't install Windows.

Edit 2: Finally got it to work. Had to install W7 over my HDD and then clone the installation over to my SSD. But now I have another problem. I'm getting constant freezes, bluescreens, and erratic system shutdowns everytime I write any large portion of data to the

Can you try running something like CrystalDiskInfo and inspect the drive's SMART status? From what you describe it sounds like a possibly bad SSD, though I've had bad cables cause problems before as well. Edited by Lunatic Envy