OOC Link

"Everything ready?"

"Yes sir, subjects are entering the final stages of the sleep cycle."

"Good. I want them starting to wake up before we turn the lights on."

"Yes sir."

"How are their vitals?"

"Pristine and stable."

"Good, no marks from the "recruiting"?"

"No sir, we have made sure that the only thing not white in that room is their eyes."

"Excellent. Prepare the Labyrinth, after all, got to make sure they think they've found the way out."

"Right sir."

"Maybe this batch will do better than the last. Pitiful performance."

"Do you really think it was smart leaving them in the Course, sir?"

"Of course, gives the new subjects a little extra challenge, plus finding passed on former subjects will no doubt shatter their resolve."

"Or strengthen."

"It doesn't matter how strong their resolve is, they will never get out."

"I wouldn't be so confident sir, remember batch 2-A? Subject 12 nearly made it to the exit of the Labyrinth."

"Yes, one of over 200 subjects. It was sheer luck he made it so far. I doubt nopony else will make it past him though, been keeping him purposely strong."

"Good point sir...Sir, the subjects are awaking!"

"Good, turn the lights on. Commencing experimentation of Batch 10-S, start observations in 3...2...1."

Edited by Snow Mark
  • Brohoof 1

I groaned. Where was I? I shielded my eyes as blinding light erupted into the room. 

"Ack!" Okay, light. At least I can see. It took a moment for my eyes to adjust from complete darkness. I blinked as my eyes slowly adjusted. Okay seeing. not something I want to do now.

"What?" Okay. Metal floor and Concrete walls both white. A metal chair was nearby that looked particularly uncomfortable. Not sitting in that then. Then I saw the ponies. They were a good number but that wasn't what really got me. They were all... White... From the distance I was at that's all I could really tell. White just like the rest of this blasted room. My gut told me to keep a distance for now at least.

"Is anyone there!" Is shouted not wanting to approach any of the white ponies. "What's going on!" Something was off here. How did I get here? The last thing I remember was... Er... Alright I can't remember. I don't have amnesia though. I remember having hay fries for lunch yesterday. Was I hallucinating? Too bad I majored in medicine and not physiology or something. This wasn't right. 

Okay... I'm less than a minute in and I'm clueless. This situation wasn't logical. Nothing about this made sense in the slightest.

"Anyone?!" I shouted again.

Galatea woke with a gasp, her eyes snapping open only for her to cringe away from the brightness of the light. After her eyes adjusted, she hesitantly brought herself to look around, only to see... white. What was this? Everything was white... Glancing down, she gasped. Even her hoof was white! What had happened to her? The very last thing she remembered was going to bed the previous night. And then... what happened? She had the vague sense that there was something she should have been able to remember, but her mind was only drawing blanks.

Everything was white, even the other ponies, even herself. She had to find out what was going on.

@@Firehearted,

Her ears flicked when she heard the voice of another nearby, and she turned her head towards the sound. Another pony, pure white save for his green eyes, met her gaze. He was calling out for someone, presumably someone with an explanation. Sadly, she had none.

"Hello?" she responded warily. She pushed herself up onto her hooves, beginning to walk in his direction "I-I don't know what's going on, either... I guess we're stuck in the same boat?"

@@Miss Reaper

Who said that? I turned to look at where the voice came from.

"Ah! White pony! Stay back!" I shouted looking for something to hide behind. Oh yeah, empty room. Okay plan B. 

"You don't know what's going on too?" I called toward... her? White on white kinda made it hard to tell. Yeah that's a mare. The voice gave it away too I suppose. I made sure to keep my distance. "Did you just wake up in the middle of this room not knowing where you were or how you got here? That's what happened to me"

Just have to keep calm here Patches. Think logically! Logic always wins!

"Do you know any of those ponies?" I asked her pointing toward the number of other white dyed ponies. "I sure don't. Oh and why are you white? Did I get stuck in albino village or soothing?" I chuckled trying to lighten the seemingly scared mood or at least my scared mood.

Don't panic, Patches. You know what happens when you panic. 

I scanned the room keeping an eye on Miss White over there. No exits that I can see from here... Just ponies, chairs, and the occasional magazine. Weirder and weirder.

The Project Director looked at the banks of monitors as nine Observers watched either a particular pony or the entire group. On screen, each pony was marked by age, gender, breed, and their test number, along with vital signs. Looks like things were off to a smooth start, "Every time, they all react the same, I find that quite an interesting result, don't you think?" the Project Director asked his Observers.

"Very interesting sir, shows how average ponies have similar physiology under unusual circumstances." One replied, "However, if this group react like the others, the friendliness and confusion that we see now will fade quickly to hostility. If this group follows that trend, I believe we could call that conclusion confirmed."

The Project Director nodded, "Good, keep an eye on them. Remember, you guys' shift ends in five hours, then it's the employee party! Feel sorry for the poor fellows stuck with watching these ponies during it..."

"Agreed sir."

The Project Director then gave his Observers a farewell and walked out of the dim observation room and into the sterile, hospital like halls of the building.

"Great...Another load of innocents just got dropped in..." a pony said to themselves as they sat in a very confined space, "I wonder if they'll find my clue this time..." the pony continued as he watched the flickering screen, "Well...not much use to them unless they find the entrance to the Labyrinth...Hopefully they'll do better at that than the last group..."

Luna opened her eyes to a bright light. "Oww, why is is so bright in here, can somepony please turn th- wait a minute, this isne't my house, where's my brother, waith other ponies, why are they white, am I dead" Luna just looked around, not knowing what to do. "Should I talk to the other ponies, or leave them be" she said to herself, then she got up to take a better look of the room and what's going on before she should talk to the other ponies, or even trust them for that matter, for all she knows they could be dead to. "Well I've had enough of looking around, maybe I should go over to them now, just to see what they think" Luna said walking over to the other ponies to see if they really are dead or not, if she is then, oh well she lived a good life then, even though she would miss some people that she really cared for. "So... um do you ponies know what's going on, are we dead or is this a dream,aybe just a nightmare, hopefully not, and if this is a nightmare it soil dent be like this, well not for me anyways" she said the last parts more to herself then anything.

Blossom's eyes shot open as if she had been stepped on. "What the....?" She mumbled groggily as she stood up. All that was around her was white. White?! Blossom looked down at herself and saw her own light tan coat had turned the very pale color as well as her bright orange mane. 

"This has got to be some kind of dream..." She whispers as she tries to hit her arm with her hoof to hopefully wake her up from this strange scene. She only felt a bit of pain on her lower hoof, no feeling of waking up.

"It's not, trust me. We're trapped," Someone said behind her. Blossom glanced behind her and saw two other white ponies, the only things that weren't white we're there technicolor pupils, which she was strangely glad to see. "And you are't dead if you thought that either." The pony in front of her said. Blossom glanced around at the entire white room and the other ponies white coats and manes.

"Then what the buck is this!?" She asked, starting to panic a bit. Who would run the bakery if this wasn't some crazy hallucination? Who would care for Mars, her kitten back home.

"We have no idea..."  

@@Firehearted,

Galatea's ears flicked back at the other pony's reaction, taking a couple of steps backwards herself. Sure, she was pure white, but it wasn't like she was a ghost or anything - oh. For all this pony knew, she could have been a ghost; she certainly looked the part. But, she was fairly certain that she wasn't dead, nor a spirit. Unless he was the same, and they were all dead...

The mare immediately shook those thoughts off, instead answering the stallion's questions. "Yes, I woke up here, no memory of how I ended up in this room, same as you. And... I can't say that I know any of these ponies. At least, it's hard to tell when they're all white. Speaking of, I woke up like this, and so did you," she pointed out last, since he seemed to be acting as if he weren't also bleached into colorlessness.

"...And yes, we could have all been abducted by some weird race of albinos, I don't know," she said as a follow-up to his attempt at a joke. She wasn't necessarily in the mood for lightheartedness, but it helped ease her mood. Not that she was too scared just yet; she was more confused than anything, curious of what was going on. The fear would probably come later for her...

@@LunaFlower226,

Her ears swiveled to the sound of another voice speaking, and she turned her head to look, seeing another white mare. She was asking questions, similar to the one that ran through the engineer's own mind.

"I don't think we're dead," she answered. "And if it's a dream, then either we're all having the same dream, or you're just a figment of my imagination." Then she let out a sigh, casting another glance around. "But honestly, I don't have any idea either as to what's really going on..."

"I doubt this is some strange dream..." Blossom said, looking down at her now slightly bruised leg. "Because I... can't... seem... to... wake...UP!!" She exclaimed as she beat herself up with her hoof again and again to escape this almost nightmare-ish scene. Still, nothing worked and Blossom was starting to get anxious and terrified that she would never return back home to Apploosa, and she'd be stuck in this white hell forever.

"Hey, hey, take it easy..." One of the other white ponies said as they tore her hoof away from her arm and placed it back down. "We're all in this together, so if we want to get out of here and find out what this is, we have to stick together." The pony said. Blossom nodded and glanced back down at her startlingly white coat and pet her now snow white mane that matched the floors and the walls and the other ponies. "We need to walk, there's a long pathway this way and I have no idea what it leads to..." One of the white ponies said as they pointed out the long hallway that was also bright white. "Maybe this will lead us somewhere that can all bring us home." She said hopefully.

"Well I kind of figured its not a dream, I only have one dream, and it's the same every time, thats only reason I don't like sleeping" Luna whispered the last sentence making sure no pony heard her say that, then looked down the hallway, then to the other ponies. "We'll sense we might be stuck in this situation for a while, you guys might as well know my name, I'm Luna Flower, so now that my short introduction is now over, I would like to know your guys named to, well if you don't mind that is, I only said my name so that I won't be rube by not having any pony know who I am" Luna said getting a few steps closer to the groups so that they could hear each other better then before. "I really miss having color, but the only real thing about my mane that's missing is the pink, haha maybe we could find mane dye of hue dye while where here so we could get our colors back" Luna said making a little joke just for the hay of it, and mainly so she won't be to board while there trying to escape. "Wait is there food here, do well have to find it, or..." Luna said to herself not really wanting to finish that sentence.

Blossom looked back at Luna, hearing her talking from behind the herd of the rest of the white ponies. "I'm Orange Blossom, and that's... a really good question actually. I have no idea where we'll get food or water or any of that." She says as they keep walking down the bright white halls. I'd need a lot more than a little bit of dye to get my hair back to it's normal color." She sighs a she sees her white mane that used to be a flattering, bright shade of orange with less saturated highlights.

Finally the ponies came to a certain spot in the walls where almost hidden door seemed to lay. "Hey, look. Maybe this could lead us somewhere..." Blossom said as she pushed on the door; it didn't budge, only the echoing of when she had hammered on the door with her hoof was heard throughout the large encasement they were stuck in. A few ponies much larger than Blossom started to work on the door, bucking against it with their large hooves, but nothing worked, there wasn't even a dent in the strange white door once they had stopped to give it a closer look.

"Darn it thats not going to work, so now what should we do, should we just keep following the hallway, find a different route, or what, because u don't have a darn clue what we should do at this point, if you ask me then I think we should try to find another way around, if not then so be it, it's not my chosie, it's yours, so what do you think we should do" Luna said looking around trying to see if there is another option, or if they could just walk around, maybe find another hallway or something, she dosent like being trapped, especially with ponies she dosent know, it just makes the whole thing worst. "Why couldn't I have been I this situation with my brother, or even my dizzy friend would be nice to have with me at the time, I-I wonder if there even looking for me, but enough said, I-I have to get through this, for them and fast, if I'm gone for to long then..." Luna said stopping her from thinking the worst, that's the last thing she wants to do at the time, all she has to do is think positive thoughts, that's all, pretend its just a silly little game that there playing, but what are the rules of this game, that's what she has to find out next.

"They're already at the Labyrinth door" one of the Observers said to the other

"That was quick...Did you forget to put back the hallway's cover panel from last time?"

"I guess so. Shall we send them through?"

"No...It would lead to the experiment ending too quick. You know what happens to ponies when they enter there."

"Good point...How about the Trails?"

"Oh yes, good idea, let them see the results of those that took too long?"

"Exactly. And a few obstacles here and there."

"Perfect, I'll open up the panel."

Directly behind the group, a panel in the wall suddenly shot up into the ceiling, revealing a long, dark hallway with a bright light at the end, concealing what was behind it. It looked like a way out and it was the only way forward avaliable to the group, as just when that happened, the entrance to the hallway they entered slammed closed with another white concrete panel. That's when a ball of yarn fell from the ceiling from what seemed to be a small air duct (far too small for a pony to fit through), and one it was a label that said, "Have a clue, I hope you use it well. -Z"