Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Will Happen if and When MLP Ends?

Cassafrass

Now, I know you are probably thinking "Curly, you're getting way ahead of yourself! The show is confirmed to have at least five or so more seasons." Yes, you are right - but I honestly can say I'm a little nervous of what will happen once those seasons past... will Hasbro decide to continue this generation of MLP? Will a new generation with all new characters prevail? Will bronies and pegasisters alike still exist?

I am asking this as I am only 14, and not able to go to a convention until I can drive... whenever that is. I became a true pegasister only a few months ago (although I have watched the show since 2012 or so due to my little sis), and I still have so much more to do in this fandom. I'm sure some of you do, too! So... do you think MLP will eventually, or will it continue even after the tenth or whatever season is out? (kinda like SpongeBob, but hopefully it wouldn't turn out to be as terrible as I have heard it's gotten!) Will our fandom always exist? Dicuss. ^^;

• Brohoof 1

The show'll have to end at some point, and I don't know when it will, but I'm sure plenty of us will stick around, even after it's over. I personally have no qualms about rewatching a show I love.

• Brohoof 3

The world as we knew it will cease to exist. Riots will break out in all countries, and governments will crumble. Wars will begin. All will be lost in ruins.

...I'm sure in all honesty, the fandom will continue to live on. I mean, hey. We still have Invader Zim fans and other fans of shows that have ended. What's from stopping the brony fandom to continue living on?

• Brohoof 9

The show may end, and some may leave when it does.  That said, there is so much creative talent and love for not just the show, but the community that the fandom will remain active and strong for quite some time.  Remember, many of us aren't just fans of the show, but fans of the wonderful people who aren't afraid to say that they watch this show.  

Personally, even after the show is gone, the friends I've made and lessons I've learned will be with me for a lifetime.  My love of small colorful equines and more-so the community will never die.

• Brohoof 9

I'll tell you what will happen...

The world will keep turning on it's axis, the sun will keep shining, the rain will keep raining... And life will go on as it always does...

Until someone else decides to revamp it and a whole new set of fans will be like... "Our generation is way better than older generations!" And all the old fans will be like "Nuh uh they've killed the show!"

• Brohoof 2

The Universe will collapse into a singularity, so dense and small that the natural laws and order to not affect it. And the human race will stand on the edge of their planet, going insane as the universe collapses inward.

But if it continues as long as promised, FiM will enjoy a decent last season, and then fade slowly into the ether, so that its characters may be milked for nostalgia bux once the next generation comes out.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

This generation will unavoidably end, hopefully Hasbro will learn from G4 and could apply most of the plot running gags that are making FiM epic for G5, but we don't know, G1 had their own epic plot things and they didn't apply them for G2, G3 and G3.5.

Edited by RainbowMau

(edited)

Probably a new generation lucky for us (or unlucky?) mlp is hasbros cash cow and hasbro love all the $$$$$. So we may have gen 5, 6 and beyond! Fan content will be made still and like jelly bean said there will be some divided fans

To add to my post bronies are getting them even more money

Edited by Tetris3d

Hard to tell. It depends largely on whether the show ends well or not. 

Personally, I will never stop loving little candy-colored equines (at least not the G4 ones), and I will always believe that Equestria is Nirvana and you get there by being a good person and using your life to improve the world (Yeah, that is a weird thing to believe - but hey, the most common reason people believe in supernatural things is because they want to, right?).

I wonder if Hasbro will try to steer future generations away from bronies. idk why, I just have a suspicion that they might want to.

I wonder if Hasbro will try to steer future generations away from bronies. idk why, I just have a suspicion that they might want to.

Seeing as this MLP generation has been the most popular and profitable for them, not to mention the longest running, I suspect they are happy with the way things are going.

Seeing as this MLP generation has been the most popular and profitable for them, not to mention the longest running, I suspect they are happy with the way things are going.

Yyyyyeah, that thought occurs to me, but I do wonder if they mind bronies displacing their target demographic at all, if we have. They're embracing it this generation. Will they try to capture that again in the future? And is it really *just* for money? People are fond of saying that, but ask anyone what they'd do with their own business, and most will tell you they want to make money in accordance with their (and possibly shareholder) values.

These comments make me sad to read them, but you guys are right. I doubt it will last as long as Pokémon or something of that nature, but... I secretly hope it does. :x Well, at least if this gen eventually dies they will make a new cartoon series, that will possibly be just as good (or day I say better!) then this one. Right? Right?!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

There will still be a community that will either endure on fan works, accept the new generation, or ignore it and remember the old times.

The dnd community went under something similar when the 4th edition of dnd was released a lot of older fans hated it and kept playing the 3.5 edition, some accepted it, some loved it and hated the older generations, and some expanded on the this they liked and made pathfinder.

It is highly probable that some of the more gifted fans will make a fanmade show if the new generation does not exist or suffice.

Edited by Lunar Umbra

Some things are meant to end. So does the show and the fandom. If the show ended, we may be moving on, jumping into another fandom, knowing we were once a part of one of the greatest fandom ever existed.

Other path that a brand new generation will come up and it will be better than before. We just don't know it yet.

The show may end, and some may leave when it does.  That said, there is so much creative talent and love for not just the show, but the community that the fandom will remain active and strong for quite some time.  Remember, many of us aren't just fans of the show, but fans of the wonderful people who aren't afraid to say that they watch this show.  

Personally, even after the show is gone, the friends I've made and lessons I've learned will be with me for a lifetime.  My love of small colorful equines and more-so the community will never die.

This is exactly what I think about it, that even when the show ends, the fandom won't. The online communities will continue, hopefully, and fan-created content doesn't need to stop either. Because of fan-created content, the MLP:FIM universe can continue indefinitely, and fan websites and conventions need not stop either, just look at the Trekkie fandom for example.

• Brohoof 1

Well Curly, I must say you probably have nothing to fear.  My little pony has been going on since 1983 and they don't seem to be stopping any time soon.

But if it does end, as other fandoms of the past have also dwindled, we will move on to something new that catches our interest, keeping in our memory the good times of this fandom.  Then somewhere down the line, It could be brought up again and the fandom renewed.

Don't make me cry. Being 14 soon and being kinda poor, can't do anything in the fandom for a long time. I'd probably end up going to the last Bronycon (at least for G4).

• Brohoof 1

Don't make me cry. Being 14 soon and being kinda poor, can't do anything in the fandom for a long time. I'd probably end up going to the last Bronycon (at least for G4).

OMG same here! I'm glad someone else understands me with this. (although I can get some MLP things, and am turning 15 soon... but I mentioned going to Trotcon this year and my mom answered with a quick "you can go once you can drive." That won't be for at least another year or two!) :(

OMG same here! I'm glad someone else understands me with this. (although I can get some MLP things, and am turning 15 soon... but I mentioned going to Trotcon this year and my mom answered with a quick "you can go once you can drive." That won't be for at least another year or two!) :(

Ah, I've got a lot longer to wait. I gotta get a good enough job for the money and I have to drive. Just getting the money would take long enough.

• Brohoof 1

Ah, I've got a lot longer to wait. I gotta get a good enough job for the money and I have to drive. Just getting the money would take long enough.

That is a good point... *sigh* maybe I won't ever attend Bronycon. :( Anyways, maybe we should talk about this via a PM... don't wanna clog up the thread. ;P