Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Will Happen if and When MLP Ends?

Cassafrass

At least the conventions are about in your country. mine doesn't. so, if i want to go to any of the conventions, (babscon,bronycon and etc) i have to take a flight from my country to yours. i doubt whether i can make my way there or not.  :(

At least the conventions are about in your country. mine doesn't. so, if i want to go to any of the conventions, (babscon,bronycon and etc) i have to take a flight from my country to yours. i doubt whether i can make my way there or not.  :(

That stinks! I'm sorry to hear that. :(

• Brohoof 1

There seems to be a lot of these kind of discussions floating around, with all of this gloom and doom about the brony fandom disappearing in a puff of smoke as soon as the show ends.  Peoples--just because something ends, doesn't mean we suddenly stop liking it!  I for one, hope the show ends gracefully, at the right time, before it becomes stale and drags on to a downright humiliating degree like some shows, not pointing any fingers.  *COUGHSIMPSONSCOUGH*  But, obviously, MLP has a lot of life left in it, so it won't be for awhile.  But when it does end, we're not suddenly going to go, "Whelp, that's that.  What else is on?" and never watch it again.  I for one, will always be a brony, and continue to rewatch my seasons on dvd.  I stil watch my classic Simpsons seasons regularly, and that show ended a long time ago.  (see what I did there?)  I watch reruns of practically every show I like.  Seinfeld, Frasier, Star Trek, King of the Hill, Futurama.  Hell, look at I Love Lucy.  That show has been on the air continuously on at least one channel since the 50's.  Good shows never die.  Sure, when MLP eventually ends, the fandom may slow down a bit as we move on to other things, but it doesn't mean bronydom will cease to exist.  This fandom is too special to go away forever.

• Brohoof 2

When MLP FiM ends for good, I see some bronies leaving the fandom. I'm sure that some will stay, though. That's really all I see happening.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Now, I know you are probably thinking "Curly, you're getting way ahead of yourself! The show is confirmed to have at least five or so more seasons." Yes, you are right - but I honestly can say I'm a little nervous of what will happen once those seasons past... will Hasbro decide to continue this generation of MLP? Will a new generation with all new characters prevail? Will bronies and pegasisters alike still exist?

I am asking this as I am only 14, and not able to go to a convention until I can drive... whenever that is. I became a true pegasister only a few months ago (although I have watched the show since 2012 or so due to my little sis), and I still have so much more to do in this fandom. I'm sure some of you do, too! So... do you think MLP will eventually, or will it continue even after the tenth or whatever season is out? (kinda like SpongeBob, but hopefully it wouldn't turn out to be as terrible as I have heard it's gotten!) Will our fandom always exist? Dicuss. ^^;

HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOOOOO, oh yeah, it reminds of me when I watched Magical Mystery Cure with it's feeling like the whole series finale, I was afraid because I was brony  for a mere three months. Yes, I understand you completely, while I'm no longer afraid of being part of the herd shortly before FiM ends anymore, I also want to participate in conventions. Problem is, I don't even live in the US  :( . You have more chances at least, in a couple of years, your parents might be willing in taking you on one of those, or drive yourself if you're close to one  ^_^

If the fandom of the original Star Wars trilogy and original seasons of Star Trek can live on after all these years, so can MLP.

Maybe FiM will end up like Star Wars and Star Trek and get absorbed by the greater convention community (like Comic Con and such).

I would like to see MLP fandom continue. But do you think there is enough material for it? We have 4 seasons, is that enough? Star Trek had 3 seasons, originally. I'd like to see a few more seasons at least. The more seasons, the bigger chance it has of surviving. I'd also like to see more official material, like good video games and board games. That gives the fans more to do.

I just had a thought: What about official, professional written novels? Not fan fic stuff. Star Trek, Star Wars, and other shows have spin off novels. Do you think longer novels (not just the short kids books) could work?

The MLP franchise will continue on. It's not going to end anytime in the immediate horizon, so don't worry about that. FiM has to end eventually though. It's at that point when we'll see just how strong the Brony community is. A testament to a really great series is one that still has a community behind it 10 years after it ends, IMHO. The Brony community is strong, and I'd say there's zero chance that it will vanish overnight. However, a lot could happen in 10 years. If Hasbro is smart, they'll have another series for us by then. Whether it'll be as good remains to be seen. I have faith that Hasbro will take FiM's popularity into account when crafting a new series, but will lightning strike twice? FiM is such a strange and unusual phenomenon that it'll be hard to replicate. That said, if anyone has a shot at it, it's the company that pulled it off once.

The show will inevitably end at some point but it won't be any time soon. Season 5 is confirmed for next year and I'd be very surprised if it's the final season. The show is still huge right now and there's no evidence of it winding down in the near future.

That said, once the show ends I'm optimistic that bronies will survive. We'll always have the episodes to rewatch, fan creations will still be produced for years to come and the thousands of friendships that have been formed through the fandom will live on (and let's not forget the inevitable Gen 5).

I think we've already proven that bronies are no mere fad. We're here to stay.

/)

when the show is gone nothing will really change chances are some of us will just leave but we as a fandom will survive for years the show may of caused this fandom but it doesn't mean it will end it so nothing will really change at all

I dunno, I have actually no idea how long the fandom will last. I mean fandoms like that of star-trek have last for decades and will probably keep doing so for a long time. I honestly think it might grow less popular over time, but there might also be like a huge spike in popularity sometime later

• 1 month later...