Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[2nd attempt at Vector art]Trixie X Prince

Prince Lightning Da Cute

(edited)

So i've recently got into graphic art. I can't draw so i have to be extremely profecient at vector art to compesate for that. I've sent my first attempt at Vector art to the mlp forums group on DA here http://mlpforums.deviantart.com/ my work is the latest done in the OC category. So after a while i gave it another go, and this is what i did.

Posted Image

Gimp 2 is WAY harder than the first one i did in Photoshop but i got the same effect. Well What you think guys? Edited by Princess Trixie
  • Brohoof 2

Thats pretty good, however I have a suggestion, when making vector art and not saving it as a vector format (use SVG because it can be viewed in all modern web browsers) if you plan on exporting as a raster or bitmap format (png, jpg gif and the like) make it at a REALLY high resolution like 3000x3000 + so people can tell that it was done with vectors, because some of it in that picture looks like it was not your original work :$ (the star looks very low res, so does trixies cutie mark and the background looks very blury)

• Brohoof 1

Thats pretty good, however I have a suggestion, when making vector art and not saving it as a vector format (use SVG because it can be viewed in all modern web browsers) if you plan on exporting as a raster or bitmap format (png, jpg gif and the like) make it at a REALLY high resolution like 3000x3000 + so people can tell that it was done with vectors, because some of it in that picture looks like it was not your original work :$ (the star looks very low res, so does trixies cutie mark and the background looks very blury)

Ok I see so after I'm done making it do I increase the size? Or do that first? And SVG format? I'll make a note of it! Thank you for the critique I needed it.

Ok I see so after I'm done making it do I increase the size? Or do that first? And SVG format? I'll make a note of it! Thank you for the critique I needed it.

What program are you using? I'm a little confused in the topic post.

The 1st attempt was in Photoshop, this one was in GIMPshop because my trail ran out, what do you suggest?

I'd stick with photoshop at the least, or maybe illustrator if you want to export as SVG and use a 'true' vector program.

the thing with GIMP is although it has the pen tool, it draws STRAIGHT to a raster/bitmap image and isn't a vector program. One could argue the same for photoshop, however photoshop keeps the paths and allows you to edit them like in any vector program AND, the PSD file (native photoshop) has some vector elements in it, so if you import it into a vector program it will work just like any other vector you import (provided that you didn't rasterize anything)

I'd recommend using either Photoshop (but since your trial has run out...) or Inkscape ( <3 )

Inkscape is sorta hard to use, but once you learn it, it's amazing to use! :D

It exports to .svg format, (or .png if you want it to) and it can create the image as big as you want! (I was gonna do a 100,000x100,000 but then I remembered I only have 40GB spare on my hard drive :wacko: )

Posted Image

one of my first vectors, was still getting the hang of inkscape :lol:

• Brohoof 1