Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Rise of the dragon king v. 2.0

Drago Ryder

This is Equestria. It's on the border of despair and hopelessness. It has three months of cold, freezing cold, and blistering cold. The other three have the best weather anyone could ever ask for. The food that grows here is tough and bitter. The people who inhabit it, even more so. Despite all that, I guess the only problem is the pests. Sure other people have to deal with cockroaches or termites, we have... Dragons!

Tempest closed his door as a dragon with red scales shot a fireball at him, burning his door in the process. "That's going to leave a mark." He muttered as he exited through the back door. He didn't have a weapon, but he did help in the forge.

Gale smiled as she flew through the air, enjoying the feeling of air under her wings. "It feels good to get away from the nest." She thought to herself as she dove towards the ocean. The dragoness loved the adrenaline rush brought by these type of stunts and felt most alive in the air.

(OOC:http://mlpforums.com/topic/114371-rise-of-the-dragons-v-20/

Edited by Majestic Nightfury

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orion soared through the air above the village and dove towards the nearest livestock. He grabbed a few sheep before crashing through a home and rising through the air. "I would hat to be the one who has to clan that up." He said to himself as he breathed fire onto a few houses.

Clayton sighed as he dodged dragons and tried to put out fires. "They are really going all out tonight." He thought to himself as he grabbed a water bucket. The Viking then noticed Tempest and rolled his eyes. "Looks like someone's finally joined the party."

I was on the edge of the forest getting ready to hunt for my next meal when of all things a dragon attacks the nearby village. I sighed as I watched. With a shrug I just went into the forest behind me not feeling the need to take care of it, I was an assassin not a dragon slayer. No I mistake myself I slay dragons if payed enough and if I got to keep the hide bones and otherwise every other part of the damn thing, Killing the bastards is not an easy thing so I feel that I earned every bit of my fee the few times i did.

As I walked into the forest my bow out with an arrow ready, the spring breeze blowing through my hair and the rustling of leaves above me, I thought back to the village and the problem this wind would pose to their efforts to stop dragon fire. "Their problem, not mine." With that I found a nicely sized deer and drew back, knowing where I wanted the arrow to hit and released. The arrow flew and hit the deer right where I wanted killing it instantly. I approached my prize ready to take it back to my little shack, where I would prepare it to be cooked

Unfortunately, Orion was the precursor of the storm that was to come. Dragons rained down from the skies and buildings began to burn. Livestock was taken and a few dragons were killed. A few were taken alive to be used for training.

Tempest sighed as he ran through the village. He had an idea to shot down a dragon and finally make a name for himself. Ever since his parents died, he had put himself into isolation and rarely talked to anyone. When he stopped moving, the teen stood on top of a ledge overlooking the ocean and noticed a dark figure flying low. He threw the bola and watched as it twisted around what he assumed was a dragon and headed towards the forest.

Gale was flying above an island when she felt something wrap around her and stopped her from moving. The ground came up fast and she felt pain shot through her wings and head.

I came from the forest just in time to see a dragon fall from the sky and land around where the forest clearing was, not too far in. Curious I put the deer carcass in a small structure next to my shack and headed back into the forest to figure out what exactly crashed into my backyard. "Fucking Vikings trying to kill these damn dragons for some honor." I remembered the last kid that caught a dragon when I first made a home here.

Orion smirked as he caused destruction through out the village and felt adrenaline course through his system. "This is what they get for killing thousands of our kind." He thought as he gave out a mighty roar and dove to the ground for the third time and burned the ground with his fire.

Clayton noticed a large dragon come from the skies and tried to dodge his attacks. "That is one big dragon." He thought to himself as he tried to douse the fire in water.

Tempest sighed as he steadily trotted through the forest. He had no weapon on him except for a dagger, but that would suit his purposes just fine. When he reached the top of a large hill, he looked down to see a black mass and assumed it was the dragon he had shot down. He was exstatic to say the least, but somehow didn't feel like he had done anything. "I did this." He muttered, feeling sick to his stomach.

Gale heard a voice next to her and noticed Tempest. She was afraid. She couldn't move, and she was as good as dead. "You might a well get I over with." She thought as she closed her eyes. The dragoness was surprised when she heard the sound of cutting and felt the rope ease. When it came loose, she jumped on top of the Viking who grounded her and stared at him for a few seconds, studying his face amd seeing of he was worthy to live.

I watched the dragon and boy from a distance, not really that surprised when the boy released it, I did not intervene once the dragon stepped on the boy and looked at him in the eye figuring if she wanted the boy dead it would have already happened. I watched and waited to see what would happen next.

After a few more dives, Orion decided that it was time to head back to the nest. "That was to easy." He thought to himself. The dragon knew the queen was a tyrant, but it was that or be eaten.

Clayton sighed as he entered the forge and repaired a few dull weapons. "This is getting worse with each raid." He thpught as dragons continued to attack.

Tempest gasped as the dragon stood on him and stated him down with amber colored eyes. After a few moments, the dragon reared up and roared in his face before running deeper into the forest. When Tempest stood, he laughed nervously and tried to walk. It wasn't long before his legs gave out and he fell.

Gale panted as she ran through the foliage. She hadn't expected to live, so she might as well return the favor. She was brought out of her musing when she fell into a cove. "This is just great." She though to herself, knowing that she wouldn't be able to fly. Even when she tried to climb out, she just simply fell back into the cove.

Orion landed on the island where most of the dragons that were found in the archipelago resided. He didn't go into the mountain, however seeing as how he wasn't as easily controlled by her. "I almost feel bad for the others." He thought to himself as he walked along the beach. "Someone has to do something."

@

After a few minutes, Tempest woke up to see that he was still in the clearing. "Well, that happened." He thought to himself, making sure no part of his body was missing. For the first time in years, he looked around and saw nature for what it truly was. He didn't want to go back to the village until morning and knew he would be able to stay in the forest overnight.

I watched as the kid look around in wonder. I smiled and decided to have a chat with the kid. I walked down the slope careful not to slip and entered the boys sight.

"Beautiful isn't it kid?" I asked knowing the kids answer but asked just to hear it, and it was not often someone came this way but to pay me to do something for them.

Tempest was stunned for a second when he heard a voice behind him and turned around. "Who are you?" He asked, immediately going into a flight or fight mode. If this person told the village about what he had done, his life would be over. "As for your question, yes. It has been a long time since I last got the opportunity to view nature in such a way."

I smiled, "Calm down kid, anyway my names Indicus, I live on the edge of the forest here. I'm surprised you have not at least heard of me. So who are you?" I replied. I was suprised he had not heard of me but then again the kid seemed more shut in, so he might not have been around the roumor mill that would mention me.

Tempest shrugged slightly and leaned against a tree. "My name is Ryder. Draco Ryder." He said. The teen knew that he was simply lying but figured that this would be a good way to keep his identity a secret. "As you may have already guessed, I live in the village."

Gale sighed and gave up trying to leave the cove for now. She knew that her wings would heal and there was a stream that would provide her with fish until she could fly.

Clayton sighed as the raid continued. He was working as hard as he could, but there were always Vikings bringing in new weapons. "This is ridiculous." He muttered to himself.

Orion sighed as he threw whatever he didn't eat into the queen's waiting maw and flew out of the volcano, trying to find a way to stay same within this war.

I pretended not to notice the kid give me some fake name. "Well Draco nice to meet you. Anyway if you want to know I'm a mercenary or as most call me, a cowardly assassin, spineless bastard, and so on.Also nice catch Nightfury's are not commonly seen in these raids.

The Red Death hadn't expected food to arrive early, but she wasn't complaining. She devoured the sheep and waited for the other dragons to get back from the hunt she had sent them on.

Every muscle in Tempest's body tensed and he sighed. "Yeah. I didn't exactly kill it, though. Not that I would want to." He said, becoming wary of Indictus.

After eating a few fish, Gale gave a low purr and curled into a ball as she went to sleep.

Celestia's second in command, Luna, glanced at Clayton and grabbed a sword. "Looks like they need me out there. Tend to the forge Clayton." She said as she charged out as dragons carried off livestock. Whatever stragglers remained were either being killed or caught.

"Okay then, I'll take my leave I have a deer to butcher and the like." I did not care about the dragon or what the boy did with it my concern was in my own survival. After my final words of that conversation I left to do as I said butcher a deer, and otherwise get by for another day.

The teen nodded slightly and did as he was told. It's not like he had anything better to do. "Yeah. You just go on ahead and do that." He thought to himself as he sharpened a sword. He could only imagine what it would be like to be chief and figured the stress would probably kill him.

Orion sighed as he landed on the coast of some island and decided to rest for a bit. He would head back in the morning.

Tempest sighed as he watched the assassin leave and figured that he might as well do the same. The teen then started the trek back to his home, hoping that no one would notice him. "Something tells me that won't be the last I see of him." He thought.

After a long raid, the dragons had left and the town now needed to repair and get ready for the next attack. Celestia sighed and glanced at Luna. "Get everyone into the great hall. We need to discuss what to do about this situation." She said.

Luna nodded slightly. "I'll get right on it."

Clayton rolled his eyes as he exited the forge and headed home. He wasn't exactly interested in whatever Celestia had to say and figured that it would mostly be concerning the dragons. "I might as well get some rest." He thought to himself as he entered his home and laid in bed.The teen then began to turn his thoughts towards Tempest and sighed. "I wonder where that other guy went."

Edited by Dire Miralis

I arrived home and at once got to getting the deer ready to cook and tan the hide. I started to go about the business of cutting it open and drain the fluids, and once that was done, I did the rest of the process. I remembered when I could barely do this in three hours and now it only takes fourth minute to get rid of the organs and harvest the meat.

Tempest sighed as the village came into view. Now that he had freed a dragon, he couldn't stomach the sight of the village and made his way to his house. He needed to find a way to distract himself from the storm of emotions racing through his mind and to make sure no one learned of his secret. "I wonder if I could ask that assassin to train me in combat." He thought.