Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Rise of the dragon king v. 2.0

Drago Ryder

Clayton woke up and walked outside, figuring that he could get a quick breakfast before he headed for the forge. "Hopefully dragon training starts soon." He thought to himself, feeling his hand instinctively rest on his axe.

Orion groaned as he woke up and stared into the pond, waiting for a Fish to swim by. When one eventually did, he snapped it up and quickly ate it. "I wonder what she likes to eat." He thought, glancing at Gale.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eventually, Tempest knew he had to visit the dragons and couldn't help but think about the dream he had last night. He figured that it could've been the night fury he had saved and knew that he would protect her, along with any other dragon. The teen then snuck out of his house and ran into the forest with a pack of fish on his back.

Gale sighed as she woke and looked around. She knew that she was in the cove that she fallen in after she had been saved by that Viking.

Orion smirked as he watched Gale wake up. "Hey. I was wondering when you would wake up." He said. "I forgot to ask you this last night, but where are you from. I haven't seen a dragon like you in well... ever."

Clayton sighed as he got some eggs and yak milk before sitting down at a table in the corner of the hall.

(edited)

Gale glanced at Orion and shrugged. "I wouldn't exactly expect you to." She said. "The island I lived on was surrounded by storms and not even I have seen another Night Fury." There was a twinge of sadness in the dragoness's voice, despite her efforts to hide it.

Tempest was about to enter the cove when the smell of cooked meat hit his nose, causing his stomach to growl. "I might as well see what Indictus is cooking." He thought, as he followed the scent to the assassin's camp.

Edited by Majestic Nightfury

I heard the door to my home open. I looked back to see the kid that called himself Draco enter. I let out a ghost of a smile, "Hello Draco, not wanting to break your fast with your clan today?" I briefly wondered if he would figure out the old phrase, but let the thought pass. "Anyway make yourself at home I have plenty of venison for the both of us."

Orion nodded slightly and he could hear the sadness in Gale's voice. "I'm sorry." He said. The dragon knew what it felt like to be the only one of a species, so he could understand what it felt like. "Anyway, want me to get you anything? I figure you're probably hungry."

Tempest shrugged slightly and set the pack of fish near the entrance. "Sure. I could go for a snack. I sort of skipped breakfast anyway." He said. The teen was still a bit stressed from talking with Luna, but he figured that he could hide it. "So, what's your story? Not many people live in the forest."

I thought about giving the whole story but decided to give the one I give to others. "I live here because of my occupation and reputation with the clans, yours in particular. My occupation is a mercenary or as most call me an assassin.

The clans really love their honor, and the thought that I am willing to kill from the shadows pisses them off, and I was banished by the previous Clan Chief. Although,let's say I have been payed to help end a number of wars before they started and certain someone's don't want anyone to know my rolein those events.

I figured the kid could figure out what I mention time.

Tempest nodded slightly and sighed. "Well, I wasn't exactly expecting that," He said." But I can relate to your story on some degree. My parents were killed in a dragon raid when I was young, and showing emotions isn't exactly the Viking way. Needless to say, I basically put myself into exile to this day."

Gale shrugged slightly and smiled comfortingly. "You don't have to do that. I can still hunt." She said.

"I see, well when your finished you should visit your dragon friend, you can take some of the leftover venison to her." I said finishing my meal and putting the plate in the wash basin, then getting some salted deerjerky,and pork along with my hunting gear. With that I exited my home.

Tempest was surprised that Indictus knew about the dragoness, and felt every muscle in his body tense. "This can't be good. If he tells the others, I am screwed." He thought. Then again, he wouldn't have to go through dragon training and he would have good reason to leave. "If he wanted to rat me out, he would've already. Looks like I'll have to trust him." Tempest then finished his meal and headed to the cove with his pack of fish and venison.

Orion shrugged slightly and nodded. "Ok. I just didn't want you to starve." He said. "You lived on another island before coming here, right? Why did you leave?"

Clayton sighed as he ate alone and looked at the other Vikings in the hall. "I wonder if I could talk to anyone to burn some time." He thought to himself.

Celestia sighed as she looked over the boats. They were ready to sail in search of the nest. ". This will end." She thought to herself. "I just hope Indictus doesn't try anything while I'm gone."

A few other teens walked towards Clayton as he ate. The group consisted of Astrid, one of the best warriors on the island, Blueblood, an arrogant annoyance who had a ego for an entire village, and the twins, Tuffnut and Ruffnut, harbingers of destruction who spent their time pulling pranks. "Hey Clayton. What have you been up to?" Astrid asked, smiling.

As Tempest walked into the clearing and noticed Orion before glancing at Gale. "I see you made a new friend." He said, smiling as he set the fish down. "Anyway, I brought you some fish in case you were hungry."

The dragoness smiled slightly as the smell hit her nose and knocked the basket over before eating its spilled contents.

( Yes I basically took a few characters out of the movie, but it still works.)

I walked through the forest and arrived at a grove, Celestia, Luna and I found. It was filled with all types of fruit, and a sparkling fresh water pond that seemed unnaturally clear, the place we all used to visit to get away from our lives in the clan. I briefly wondered how Luna was knowing her she was playing forge master and clan manager while Celly was away.

Dispelling the thought I exited the grove and started my hunting trip.

Orion smiled slightly as Gale ate and looked at Tempest. "I'm surprised that he's able to make her eat." He thought to himself. "This could prove interesting." The dragon decided to stay, seeing as how he had friends on this island.

Clayton glanced at Astrid and shrugged. "To be honest, I've just been thinking." He said. "The raid just keep coming and we aren't exactly making any headway in finding the nest."

It wasn't long before Celestia left with the search party and sailed across the water towards Helheim's Gate.

Tempest smiled slightly as the dragoness ate and felt a feeling of warmth spread through his body. "My name is Tempest, by the way." He said. "I guess we never really got off on the right foot so I figured that I might as well give you a name." There was a pause as the teen spoke and sighed. "I'm sorry for shooting you down with that bola. I never expected any of this to happen." The teen didn't know why he was saying this, but figured that he had to get this off his chest. He didn't expect the dragon to understand him, but that wasn't really a concern to him.

Gale purred slightly and nudged Tempest gently. She could tell he was sorry for what he did.

Astrid shrugged slightly. "Well, we still have to defend ourselves." She said. "You're lucky your in the forge."

Snotlout smirked. "Don't worry babe, I'll protect you from those dragons, even when I become chief." He said, before finding himself on the ground with a broken arm and Astrid on top of him.

"Like I need you to protect me." She said.

The moment I exited the grove a young wolf, barely out of its pup years growled at me, I ignored it. Unfortunately it attacked, I quickly reacted by drawing my dagger and thrusting down hitting its head. the force split the skull and the dagger dug into the brain killing it before it fell to the ground.

I sighed, and brought the corpse with me and looked for a deer my bow ready.

Orion smiled slightly and left the two to their own devices. He didn't want to intrude and figured that it would be a good time for the two to bond

Clayton sighed slightly and pinched the bridge of his nose, mainly at Snotlout's actions. "At least dragon training starts soon." He muttered, before deciding to change the subject. "Anyway, I saw this kid enter the forest a few hours ago and he said his name was Drago Ryder. Do any of you know him?"

Tempest smiled as the night fury nuzzled him and scratched behind one of her ear plates. "I have to go talk to someone, but I'll be back either tomorrow or the next day." He said.

Gale gave a low purr and walked to a small hill, before breathing a small flame onto the ground and fell asleep. She hadn't slept all of last night due to the incident and felt herself relax.

Tempest smiled slightly as he exited the cove. He loved spending time with the dragoness and looked into the sky. "I wonder what it's like to fly through the sky and to see the world rush by underneath you." He thought. He knew he was approaching Indictus's camp, but wasn't afraid.

The teens shook their heads and sighed. "To be honest, I don't think anyone around here would even have that mane." Astrid said. " What did he look like?"

My hunt was successful, I found and killed a doe. I later arrived at my home and entered the shed like building where I cleaned my kill. I was gutting the doe when I heard someone walking away from the forest, I walked out of the shed with a smile looking at the boy, Draco walking up to my home.

"What do you need boy? I have my doubt's that it is just to chat."

"Well, he had dark hair, red eyes, and he seemed a bit guarded when I asked my questions." He said. "Maybe I should follow him to learn what he's hiding."

Orion looked into the small lake within the cove and thought about what could happen if Tempest and Gale found out about the queen. They could do something foolish and get themselves killed, but he knew that their bond was growing. They would protect each other in a time of need.

The other teens were shocked to hear this, aside from Snotlout. He just simply laughed. "Really? Is that what he calls himself now?. Listen Clay, that kid isn't Drago. His actual name is Tempest. His parents were killed in a raid and he still hasn't gotten over it. His parents must be sick knowing that their son turned out to be such a weakling."

Astrid rolled her eyes and decided to change the conversation. "Anyway, the chief left, so dragon training should start tomorrow."

Tempest sighed and nodded. "I know relations with you and my tribe aren't exactly great, but... I want you to train me." He said with a slight pause. "I'm sick of being weak and I want to prove everyone wrong. I want to show them what I can really do."

Edited by Majestic Nightfury

I grinned at the idea that someone wanted to train under me. "So you say, I don't see why not, you seem to already be an outcast so you have no reputation to keep. The dragon you assist will need protection in its current state. So the price of my training is simply to introduce me to your dragon friend." I paused to let it sink in then continued.

"If you do that I will train you and help ward off any curious wanderes that are getting a little too close." I held out my hand, "Deal?"

Tempest nodded slightly and smirked. "Well, that's another reason of this whole deal revealed?" He asked. "Anyway, I think that's more than a fair trade. Just give me a day to tell Gale about our little agreement and we have ourselves a deal." The teen then took Indictus's hand in his own grip, sealing the pact that he had made. To be honest. he didn't really know if the name he had used was correct, but he figured that it would fit. He also knew that Gale would be able to fly within a week or two, seeing as how most of the damage from her fall resided on her wings and head, but he was also worried. Would he be able to see her again or would she just fly away one day without him and never return to this hel of an island.

"Well it seems we have a deal, meet me here tomorrow morning and you can bring me to your dragon friend and I will teach you how to protect yourself." I had to admit I had not seen a dragon without having to kill it in many many years. I pushed the memories back and held my posture and expression while shakeing Draco's hand.