Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Rise of the dragon king v. 2.0

Drago Ryder

Clayton nodded slightly, before leaving the forge and heading out into the village in order to inform the other teens. He turned his thoughts back to Tempest. After a few minutes, he found the others and briefed them on dragon training. The teen then headed for the arena and turned his thoughts to Tempest. "Things could be interesting if he shows up." He thought to himself.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

Before the others arrived, Tempest was already in the arena, training, and they were surprised to see him. The teen hadn't bothered to eat breakfast and it was obvious that he either didn't notice them or really care that they were their. He stopped his motions and glanced at the others. " 'Bout time you lot got here." He said.

Of course, Snotlout had to be the one to speak first. "Huh. Never expected to see a weakling like you here, Tempest. Maybe this'll do ya' some good."

Luna rolled her eyes and sighed. "That's enough, Snotlout." She said. "You know why you're all here. It doesn't matter if ya be weak." It wasn't a question, but a statement.

Edited by Majestic Nightfury

I walked into the arena and sat on one of the seats over looking the arena, with my reputation preceding me I watched as most moved away from my general area the moment I sat down. I saw that Luna and Tempest were there and smiled "Well lets see what you can do kid."

Clayton observed Tempest. He seemed to carry himself a bit differently and seemed to be a decent swordsman from what he could see. "I wonder if someone's training him." He thought. The teen then waited for whatever Luna had in mind as she scolded Snotlout.

Tempest shrugged slightly and holstered his blade, before going to stand next to Clayton.. He knew why he was here, all right. It just wasn't for the normal reason.

Luna smiled slightly. "Now then, let's get started." She then walked over to a cage and pulled the release mechanism.

Snotlout rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, angry that he hadn't gotten a reaction out of Tempest. He was then brought out of his musings by the sound of gears turning. "Wait, aren't you going to teach?"

"I prefer learning on the job." With that, a dragon the size of an ox burst through the cage doors and flew around the arena., shooting fire at the teens as it passed them.

Tempest knew to be careful, so he hid within the shadows of the arena, waiting for the right moment.

I watched as Tempest lurked in the shadows and seemed to be waiting for a good moment to strike the small dragon,while the other teens seemed to behave as expected, by getting out of the way of the fire bursts then trying to find an opening to hit as hard as they could on.

• 2 weeks later...

Clayton noticed Tempest slip away and was slightly curious, before he dodged a fireball and almost fell to the ground. "I just have to find a opening." He thought, as he drew his scythe. It was a unusual weapon, but it suited him just fine. "Ok you overgrown reptile, let's see what you got." He thought.

Tempest watched Clayton draw his weapon, but decided to keep his sword in it's holster. He then gave a low whistle and ran towards past the Gronkle.

The dragon roared as it breathed balls of fire at the teens, knocking their shields and or weapons out of their hands. It noticed Tempest and charged after him, ignoring Clayton.

Blueblood, Astrid, the twins, and Fishlegs all watched in curiosity at Tempest's behavior. "What could he be planning." Snoutlout muttered. The teens didn't even notice that they were sitting in front of Indictus.

I continued to watch and noticed some teens sitting around me too busy to even register that an outcast was sitting right behind them much less that said outcast was the infamous assassin. I smiled holding back a chuckle and disrupting their wonder and surprise. I knew Tempest had some learning to do but for just starting his training he was doing pretty good. 

Clayton grit his teeth as he watched Tempest, jealous of his prowess on the battle field. Despite himself, he couldn't but smirk. "I have to hand it to him, he's better than most of us." The teen then ran behind the Gronkle.

Orion sighed as he landed in the hidden cove and looked around. " I wonder where the dragoness went." He thought to himself.

Tempest looked back to see Clayton following the dragon and, by extension, him." Great, now I have to deal with him." He thought. Teen then dropped his shield to where he thought Clayton would .set his foot down next. He then slid on the ground for three feet before hitting his back to the stone wall of the ring.

Unfortunately for him, the dragon didn't have much luck either. It hit the wall head on and collapsed on top of Tempest. With a low groan, it laid on top of Tempest, only moving when Luna came to put it in it's pen.

"Ok. Back to your cell." She said. The mentor then picked up the dragon and threw it into the cell it came out of. She then turned to Tempest and helped him stand. "That be some fancy footwork ya did their, lad."

Gale, at the moment, was sleeping in a ball on a somewhat large rock and glanced at Orion as he landed in the cove. "What have you been up to? It feels like you were gone were days." She said."

Clayton slipped on the shield, but he was glad he had. He surely would've tripped over the dragon and probably hurt someone with his scythe. He soon stood up and smirked. "This could be interesting." He thought to himself.

Orion shrugged slightly and smirked. "I was just doing a bit of hunting." He said. "I was able to get some fish and I have extra if you're hungry."

I smiled and waited for the announcement that it was over not wanting to draw attention to myself just yet, that could wait till I went to talk to Tempest at the end of it all. I would make it in front of at least Luna, and see if I could get a quick chat out of her, durrig one of her rants

Gale nodded slightly and smiled. "Sure, I could use something to eat." She said. The dragoness didn't know why, but she was feeling more comfortable around Orion.

Tempest shrugged slightly and smirked. "I've been training. There not much else to it." He said.

Luna nodded slightly and sighed. "Understandable. Anyway, you teens can spar for a bit to get some practice. There's something I have to tend to." With that, Luna walked out of the arena and waited at the edge of the village. Despite what most thought, she was a lot smarter than she let on.

Clayton watched as the others began to spar and decided to do something risky. He glanced at Tempest and walked towards him. "Hey, mind if I spar with you?" He asked.

Orion smiled slightly and dropped the fish that he had been storing in his mouth on the ground in front of Gale and nudged it towards her. He felt a bit awkward doing this, but it felt right. Besides, they were only friends.

I watched the boy walk up to Tempest after Luna talked to him before leaving, and ask for a sparring match. I sat and watched, still wanting to see what would happen. "This will be interesting, even if it dose get him shunned for being a more calculating fighter."

But I could not spare the time to watch as I had to talk to Luna, Andi think she was wanting to talk to me. So I made my way to the village edge near my home, and saw Luna waiting. "You wanted to talk Luna?"

Tempest didn't look at Clayton, but figured that he might as well entertain the fact that he had asked him. "Sure. I don't see why not." He said, as he drew his sword. He noticed that his body felt off when he held his weapon and wondered if he could get into the forge to see what he could do.

Gale slowly ate the fish and felt herself become full from the meal. "Thanks." She said, slightly nervous and hoping that she wasn't blushing.

Luna was brought out of her thoughts by Indictus and nodded. "I guess you could say that." She said. "Knowing you, you were probably at the training session, weren't you?"

I smirked and nodded, "Yes I was watching the session, and some of the boys were around me watching very attentively, so much so that they did not even notice me. Anyways that is not what you are here to talk with me about. I would imagine that it is about the boy named Tempest and his sudden improvement. Correct?:"

Clayton smirked as he charged at Tempest with his scythe at the ready. "This should be fun." He thought to himself. The teen knew to be careful, but he didn't know how much Tempest had improved.

Orion noticed Gale's nervousness and the faint blush on her cheeks. "So, how did you end up here?" He asked. The dragon didn't know why he did, but figured that it was probably because of curiosity.

Tempest sidestepped Clayton and smacked him with the but of his sword, leaving a small bruise. He was actually going easy on Clayton instead of a all out assault.

Luna nodded slightly. "Yes, it actually took me by surprise." She said, before sighing. To be quite honest, she was also surprised that Indictus knew Tempest. "How exactly do you know the boy?"

Gale shrugged slightly. "I was shot down by the same human who freed me and ended up here. There's not much to it." She said. "I started to trust him when he freed me."

Edited by Majestic Nightfury

"The answer is simple. Tempest came to me after exploring the forest, and we talked it happened for a few days before he asked me to train him in the use of the sword and I decided to accept if he moved to my place for the time of his training. Anything else Luna?"

I replied omitting the dragon from my explanation.

Orion nodded slightly and walked around Gale so that he was looking at her side. "Do you mind of I see your wounds?" He asked. "I just want to be sure it isn't to bad."

Clayton grit his teeth in anger and glared at Tempest. He then slashed at the teen, using the scythe's length to get an advantage. He then leaped towards Tempest and tried to slash at him.

Luna shook her head and sighed. "You're playing a dangerous game, Indictus." She said, before walking away. "But, thank you for helping him."

Gale gave Orion a slight nod before lifting her wing with a slight pain. Multiple scars lined her wing from a previous injury, but the most recent one was a gash under her wing. "It's not really that bad."

The teen nimbly dodged out of Clayton's attack and seemed to be enjoying the match. He then got in close to the other teen and kicked his leg from behind and forced his body to go down.

I chuckled, "I always play the dangerous games, but this one may just save us all. Anyways, Tell Celestia that I said hello when she gets back also remind her that she dose not have to worry about me and finally tell Tempest to meet me in our training area, he'll know what it means or will at least easily figure it out. Farewell Luna." With those last words I left for the grove where the dragon was.

Clayton grit his teeth as he hit the ground and slowly stood. "You're better than I thought." He muttered. The teen then stretched slightly and stuck his hand out.

Orion's invisible blush deepened at the sight of Dawn's exposed scales, but quickly cleared his thoughts." Yeah. Just try not to hurt yourself more than that for now." He said.