Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Rise of the dragon king v. 2.0

Drago Ryder

Tempest nodded, knowing that he wouldn't get much time to himself after today. "By the way, I have dragon training, so expect me to come early tomorrow." With that, the teen walked back towards the village with a sense of belonging for the first time in years.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clayton glanced at Astrid and nodded. "Yeah. I can't wait to get into the ring." He said. To be honest, Clayton just wanted to watch how the dragons fought and how they moved. Despite this, he couldn't get the thought of Tempest out of his head. "I wonder what he's hiding."

Astrid nodded slightly. "We'll all be busy with training, so that should be a good time." She said.

(Time skip to 6:00 A.M)

Tempest sighed as he woke in his bed and got dressed. He had to be quiet if he was to get to the forest undetected. The teen hoped that Indictus had some weapons in his camp, not that he couldn't easily sneak into the forge when Luna and Clayton weren't their. He had also not had the opportunity to tell Gale about his deal with Indictus, but figured that she wouldn't hurt him unless provoked.

I was up and cooking some of the wolf meat I gathered from my hunt the day prior, once that finished I readied some plates for my guest and myself. Today was the day I got to meet a dragon for the first time in many years, my mind went back to my sister, then to days long past.

Tempest entered the camp and noticed that Indictus had set out two plates and seemed to be thinking about something. "I'm here. I don't think anyone followed me." He said, smirking slightly. This was the first time anyone had really volunteered to help him at all and he had to train in secret to keep any distractions at bay. Despite this, there was still a few things the teen needed to know and he figured that this was the best he had.

Luna woke early and walked towards the forge. She had a village to run, but she wouldn't let the forge stay closed.

I looked up at my new student his statement shaking me out of my thoughts. "Hello there," I pointed at the platter of wolf meat, "Help yourself, because after this meal we go to visit your dragon friend then I will see how good you are with a blade." I kept a small smile on my face all the while.

Orion groaned as he would up in the cove and stretched. He then heard his stomach growl and sighed, before flying out towards the ocean to look for some breakfast.

Clayton woke early and headed for the forge to deal with any orders that might come in while she was tending to other matters. He was used to this occurring during Celestia's hunt for the nest and liked getting a reason to relax a bit until dragon training.

Tempest nodded slightly and sat at the closest end of the table to him and are the wolf meat, while thinking about his training. He knew that he was good with a sword, but a shield would only get in his way. Maybe he could try something different in terms of swordsmanship.

Gale groaned as she woke up and noticed that Orion had left. She didn't mind being alone, but she was sad that she couldn't fly during this time. "I hope Tempest comes today. I could use the company." She thought.

I finished eating and prepared to go to the clearing, bringing my bow and quiver of arrows along with my sword and daggers. I then waited letting my thoughts go to my past once more and to the days I called the village my home. I debated in the past on relocating deeper inside the forest perhaps the clearing the three of us played in would do?  I decided to speak to Luna after I was done with today's training session.

Tempest soon finished his own meal and thought about his life over the past few days. He had met a dragon, found someone to teach him how to fight, and would have to go to dragon training soon. "I hope this doesn't get to complicated." He thought to himself. He then glanced at Indictus. "We should probably be going."

I looked back at Draco then at the door and nodded. With my goals in mind I walked to the clearing where the dragon currently was. To be honest I was quite happy that I would yet again see a dragon up close for the first time in many, many years, when the two races left each other alone.

Gale heard Indictus and turned towards him. She didn't expect anyone to find the cove and was slightly curious as to why he was here.

Tempest followed Indictus and noticed that Gale had already seen him. "Gale, this is Indoctus. He's a friend of mind who will be helping me make sure that no one will find you and train me to defend myself." He said.

I warmly smiled towards the dragon aptly named Gale, "It is nice to meet you. I saw you when you first landed injured and watched the boy help you. I later came to the decision that I wanted to meet you face to face, my names Indicus." I said as if she understood every word I just said.

Gale nodded slightly and understood the 'situation'. She and Tempest basically had a new ally on the island that may prove to benefit them. She then growled in content, before walking towards Tempest and nuding him, happy that he was in the cove, where she could protect him if needed.

Tempest smiled slightly and scratched her behind a ear plate. "Well, I think she trusts you." He said, laughing a bit. "We might as well get started with my training before I have to head back to the village.

I found a couple of decently sized sticks and threw one towards Draco, "Well then kid, we can start your training right now." I got into a stance and waited till the kid that called himself Draco was ready to start.

Well this will be my last post for the night good night.

Tempest smirked and caught the stock, before getting into a stance. He was happy that he was going through with this. "Ready." He said.

Gale sighed and laid under a tree within the cove, watching Tempest and Indictus. She was slightly interested as to what they were doing and wanted to watch.

"Well let's go then" I said smiling, and for the sake of testing his defense I went on the offensive, my first attack was a slash to his stomach quickly followed by another to the leg. As I did this I watched how he reacted to each of my attacks and measured him accordingly.

Tempest side stepped the swipe to his stomach and jumped over the attack to his legs. He held his balance when he landed and thrusted his stick forward, trying to disarm Indictus. He knew that Indictus had more experience as a fighter, but that wouldn't stop him or deter him from training. "By the way, my name isn't Drago. It's Tempest Sol. I didn't tell you because I wasn't sure if I could trust you, seeing as how most would just kill a dragon on sight."

Luna smiled when she saw Clayton at the forge. "Thanks. I appreciate the help." She said.

Edited by Majestic Nightfury

Clayton smiled slightly and nodded. "No problem. It's what I'm here for." He said, as he remembered what Blueblood had told him yesterday. "So, what's up with Tempest? I heard from Blueblood that his parents died in a raid and I met him earlier before that. He didn't exactly act to friendly."

Orion sighed as he dove through the waters around Equestria. He had already gotten his meal and now he was just looking around, as well as thinking about the human Gale had met. "Those two really are unique in their own way." He thought, smiling slightly.

I jumped back twisting slightly to the right using my momentum to swipe him from the left then got into a defensive stance before replying, "Well nice to know your real name at last Tempest, also I take contracts to kill dragons, humans and so forth, dragons however are very expensive targets so it is a rare type of contract. But fortuneatly for you and Gale here is that you are the first to come and just chat, so Gale is safe frome my blade and others if I can prevent it.

(edited)

Luna sighed slightly. "What you heard is true. His parents did die. Ever since then, he's thrown himself into self exile and isn't exactly the most outgoing." She said. "That's only half the story, though. Celestia and I promised his parents that we would protect their son if anything happened to them on the day of his birth and we haven't exactly done a good job."

Tempest nodded slightly and felt the sting of Indictus's attack. He then slashed at his teacher and tried to disarm him. "I'm glad to hear that." He said.

Edited by Majestic Nightfury

I quietly sighed as I parried the attempt "I'm sure you are, but still be careful about the visits as some may if they have not already. You will take residence in my home starting tomorrow, where we will openly practice. I will come to watch your 'dragon training' and we will leave afterwards, so be ready" I replied

Clayton was slightly surprised at the new information. "I didn't know he had to go through that much as a kid." He said. "I didn't exactly make fun of him earlier." The teen then smiled slightly as he sharpened his axe on a grinding wheel. "So, when does training start?"

Tempest nodded slightly and took a defensive stance. "As long as. I still have time to spend with Gale, I could be your whipping boy for all I care." He muttered, determination in his voice. "Anyway, I should probably head back to the village. Dragon training should be starting soon."

Luna glanced at the sun and smirked. "I guess right now. Round up the others and meet me at the entrance of the arena."

I looked at Tempest, "Okay I'll see you at the training." I left to my home to put away my bow and quiver of arrows, then made my way into town to watch the "practice" and to annoy Luna a little. Thinking about the secondary reason I smiled slightly,knowing how childish it was.