Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friendship is Magic #25

Ashen Pathfinder

MLP-FiM-25-pr-1-2b08e.jpg

I didn't realize it unit a few minutes ago, but this issue released today (11/19/14) and I didn't see a thread for it.

I must say I was surprised with how much I actually did enjoy it. Seeing Cook & Price back in action is just so refreshing, and the story felt like it had a lot of emotional weight behind it. The villains, while nothing special IMO, work well within the story.

Overall, definitely worth a read.

• Brohoof 2

I really disliked how they've handled Twilight so far, the whole "I can't use my magic on criminals because they're living beings/I don't want to abuse my power" angle despite not being afraid to get her hooves dirty in the past is beyond moronic, especially when said citizens need her help. Seriously if they left her out the comic would be better(while I'm at it, they need to start omitting RD from their comics too since it's so damn obvious that they never want to do anything with her and either just tack her in the background or use her as a buttmonkey/grump)

The comic also continues another trend I'm starting dislike in their comics where they bring in all of the mane 6 for an adventure but Twilight, AJ, and Rarity are the only ones that do anything and the other 3 are just there for background/comic relief

Soooo yeah, not very impressed so far

On the bright side, the Sara Richards 3-page segment was neat

Edited by Domon Kasshu
  • Brohoof 2

Longhorn is officially best villain. He's cockier than a DBZ villain, and has the best character dialogue out of any of the other ones we've seen. Also,

He straight up punched Applejack in the face, through a barn! That means he's the first villain to physically attack the cast in the whole of MLP! Woot!

Also, best facial expressions, he just screams "unapologetically evil".

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure quite how much I liked or didn't like this issue  :blink:

It's a bit hit and miss for me. I think the plot and villains are a bit one note, not convinced it really needs to go beyond an issue, this is probably a story that could be resolved in one. But there are some good moments in it (the punch, Twilight's "humour").

I agree that it seems a bit off with Twilight insisting that she can't use her magic against the bulls, and found it a bit strange that she made a point of describing them as, something to the effect of, "sentient, talking creatures". Does that mean she considers other species that don't talk as being sub-species? I mean, we know for a fact that in the MLP universe other animals can communicate/speak, but it's simply not in a language that most understand (save for Fluttershy). Clearly, then, these creatures can comprehend just as much as the likes of the ponies do, but Twilight doesn't consider them as being on the same level as her. Perhaps it's only a matter of time before she thinks the same of all non-magical ponies.

I dont know! I like this issue for what it was a silly fun story. Shore some of the stuff was kinda dumb like twilight not using magic, but I read the comics to be entertained and i was. It had some really funny moments and all in all it was good. if I where to complain I would say that the villains where really lame, they where funny but not vilinas i guess that is what they where going for but I would like someone is i could consider a threat. 

• 2 weeks later...